Sureshot

A great gaming track a day

In honour of it just having got the Data Discs treatment (and I'm honestly astonished I can't find any tracks from it in this thread already), here's one of my favourite tracks to grace the Mega Drive, and certainly my favourite to go all-in on MD guitar:

Thunder Force IV - Metal Squad (Stage 8 theme)

Alas that I can't find a rip that sounds quite right. It's ace either way, though, feeling like it could easily have been in a Guilty Gear game; the Saitama Saisyu Heiki cover even moreso:

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Wiper said:

In honour of it just having got the Data Discs treatment (and I'm honestly astonished I can't find any tracks from it in this thread already), here's one of my favourite tracks to grace the Mega Drive, and certainly my favourite to go all-in on MD guitar:

Thunder Force IV - Metal Squad (Stage 8 theme)

The track you posted is on Page 17, but I'm certainly never sad to hear it again!

As for today's, how's this for an unused track! From Mr. Gimmick, using the excellent Sunsoft B5:

• Upvote 3

Have this playing in the background as I'm working, main theme from Team 17 classic Amiga shooter Project X:

• Upvote 3

On 08/04/2019 at 19:06, Sureshot said:

The track you posted is on Page 17, but I'm certainly never sad to hear it again!

Doh! I did a text search of the thread, but obviously that was only a video link so it didn't get picked up.

Two great tracks in a row there - I'd never heard the Gimmick track before (being an unused track probably helped there...) but it's ace, and Project X's theme is a classic. Not sure I could listen to it for 10 hours solid, mind!

14 hours ago, Riven said:

Have this playing in the background as I'm working, main theme from Team 17 classic Amiga shooter Project X:

Inspired by this, I've gone for the Loading Screen Music from the same game:

• Upvote 1

On 10/04/2019 at 03:49, ilpostino said:

Inspired by this, I've gone for the Loading Screen Music from the same game:

Nice I'd totally forgotten about the loading screen theme from Project X, always fills me with sadly to think of all the great games Team 17 did on the Amiga, before they turned into a Worms factory.

Dare I post a Phantasy Star Online theme? This is Image of a hero the theme as you build your character, such a calming piece of music:

• Upvote 2

:wub:

I love anything PSO related. I got my other half Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 HD Remix on PS4 for her birthday, so she's restarted the first game tonight and is at Traverse Town

Because I had to listen to it for 20 minutes earlier when trying to get past this level

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Metropolis Zone

I liked it at first but it soon wore me down!

• Upvote 1

As @RastanSaga posted a track from Persona 5 in here and I can't find the relevant thread in Discussion you lot can have this from Descenders