deKay

Nintendo Switch Pre-Order Thread: It's All Over, Folks! See you next console!

Zavvi doing preorders tomorrow, Game doing preorders in store only tomorrow, nothing on Gamestop, Grainger, Smyths, Toys R Us, Tesco yet.

But Shopto?

imageproxy.php?img=&key=623a6d56661830bcScreen Shot 2016-10-20 at 20.35.23.png

Post your best deals, or even just if you've seen it for preorder anywhere, or where you've preordered from!

Shopto: Console £9999.99 (placeholder price) http://www.shopto.net/electronics/nintendo/NINTSW01-nintendo-switch-console#Top

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Game needing you to visit a store is hilarious. I was talking to one of their managers, and they are still on the same system as years ago, only with absolutely loads of stuff bolted on to it (finance stuff, code generator stuff etc). That's partly why their online and retail stocks are separate, sooner or later they're gona have to tear the whole lot down and they're putting it off. Did anyone know that Game sell broadband? Literally..you can buy Game branded broadband from a Game store. Ridiculous.

Anyway, pointless pre-ordering, Argos will have them day one and we don't even know a price. So getting = yes, pre-ordering = no.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Pockets said:

That £9,999 could look cheap if it's released after article 50 in March.

Hence the preorder now ;)

Just to counter the pro-ShopTo posts I have had some problems with them in the past.

Didn't receive a game I had ordered from them and they refused to do anything about it until 30 days had passed. Obviously here you could argue that Royal Mail were at fault for losing the game, but pretty poor customer service making me wait that long for refund/replacement. I've also had a couple of pre-orders that were supposed to come with bonus items that were never received. I called and chased these and was promised they would be put in the post to me, but still no joy. Personally I avoid them now unless they have a really good offer.

Will likely be using Amazon (I have Prime) for my Switch pre-order. Thinking about asking for Amazon vouchers for Christmas to put towards it.

Agree with @rsbrowndog I won't be pre-ordering from shopto had the same issue with a game not arriving & having to wait on a refund.

I also won't be using game thanks to the recent PS4 firesale fiasco.

Not pre-ordering until I have more info on price, release games & more concerning for me is the interview below.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/20/13347910/nintendo-switch-home-gaming-system

I know in the run up to xmas of course Nintendo are going to say that the 3DS is a seperate platform that they are still going to be focused on but once the switch is out I want this unification of libraries. I don't play handheld consoles so have no interest in the 3DS.

What I want is Nintendo internal development teams to be making games for one machine so until that is confirmed in some way I won't be placing a pre-order.

ShopTo also seem to send out new console launches via DPD by default so at least you get an hour slot and don't need to wait in all day. Amazon just send stuff out via Amazon Logistics, at least in London, which can arrive god knows when.

Like other posters, I've issues with shopto's customer service as well so tend not to use them unless they are significantly cheaper than their competitors. I don't believe they have sent consoles out a day early have they? I know they are pretty good with games but they hold out sending machines until the previous day and then courier them.

Amazon are generally rubbish with their own courier.....mine tends to arrive late afternoon with any deliveries which is a killer when others are already getting their new console fix. Game did use DPD for my PS4 VR which was a nice surprise, knowing approximately when they are going to deliver is a godsend. 

1 hour ago, sofasurfer said:

Like other posters, I've issues with shopto's customer service as well so tend not to use them unless they are significantly cheaper than their competitors. I don't believe they have sent consoles out a day early have they?

Several people got their Wii U a day early from ShopTo.

I'll preorder one in Smyths just to have the option of buying one at launch. It'll probably be a €20 deposit but I'll almost certainly be guaranteed one on launch day if I want to keep the order. 

Is there anyone here in the Netherlands who will be pre-ordering from somewhere that accepts Maestro? I've only been living here for a few months and yet to sort out a credit/debit card.

As a last resort if someone could pre-order for me I'll supply the cash up front. That would be grand.

I'll be using Amazon because I'll still get it day one (even if it is in the evening as I'll be at work anyway).  Their customer service is amazing and that's enough for me to stick with them.

• Upvote 3

I'm likely not pre ordering but I would always be happy waiting a few more hours with Amazon and then have peace of mind for at least the next year with any issues or Customer service queries. But hey that's just my incredibly sound logic!

• Upvote 2

I wish my Amazon experiences were as good as others. "A few extra hours" is usually "a couple of weeks then the wrong item turns up in a neighbour's puddle".

I've never been in enough of a rush to get upset if it doesn't arrive on the morning of launch. Seriously.  Who does that?

So far Amazon have

Replaced my Launch PS4 controller when the rubber on the thumbsticks started going.  No questions asked. No need to return old controller either

Refunded me £40 when the box on the latest PS4 was damaged by a courier (PS4 box inside it was fine)

Refunded £30 when a FIFA16 XboxOne bundle turned out cheaper than the bundle I'd been bought as a birthday present a couple of week earlier.  

Everytime, no need for me to prove anything.  They just took my word for it and refunded me.

I'll take that sort of customer service everytime over getting my hardware a couple of hours or a day later than everyone else.