rllmuk
Mr Do 71

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Single Player, NO SPOILERS. HDR fix out now!

Is there a way to play the game without depending on the map? It seems like you could almost keep track of everything mission wise by just knowing where to look but the details and tasks don’t seem to necessarily go in to the journal or missions list.

I have cleared the map. It's massive. I just went on a long ride around the North. Discovered a gold prospector right at the top of the map and hogtied him and threw him in a lake. I looted his chocolate bar before I dumped him, tied up, into the lake. I felt like an evil Augustus Gloop.

• Upvote 2

Still early days for me. Started watching Deadwood prior to it unlocking and am now half way through Season 3.

Did my first accidental murder spree in first person with a big knife. Utterly horrific. Had to blow my cash on paying the bounty and have been dipping into hunting to restore my wad. 

Still in the intimidation phase so haven't explored much beyond the first camp and Valentine but it's getting it's hooks into me. Took a rooftop trainride to gawp at the world for about half an hour last night too. It sure is purdy.

• Upvote 3

I got the sit down & unburden yourself talk with Tilly, my Arthur was upset about killin innocents and turn into Micah.

My current Arthur, bit of a ch3 spoiler included

5E577634-E12D-45CA-A6F2-2CA5350DF93B.thumb.jpeg.6c72ba517fa39c1e06dfcb2a43f9b140.jpeg

• Upvote 3

I'm at the start of chapter 6.

Just reviewing my progress and the app is showing that I have only completed 13 of 14 story missions in Chapter 4.

Not sure how I could have missed one, is something there optional? If someone could spoiler or pm me a list of their 14 completed missions I'll cross match to my list. I looked in the game and it's only showing 13 to replay. Online, websites don't seem to list a consistent number of missions so that's not helping. Thanks!

In the app the image that's missing is the bottom left one (presumably 13th of 14).

A quick question to those that have changed their control scheme to ‘standard FPS’ and I’ve also set run to ‘toggle’ instead of hold.

I know that clicking the left thumb stick (when walking) will initiate a run and a second click with make Arthur do a full sprint. However in third person camera after I click the stick once to run it’s fine but clicking a second time does not initiate the full sprint. He stops then starts to do the normal run again. In 1st person view it’s fine because I see the stamina bar depleting. It just doesn’t work in 3rd person?

what am I doing wrong?

3 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

Just reviewing my progress and the app is showing that I have only completed 13 of 14 story missions in Chapter 4.

Not sure how I could have missed one, is something there optional? If someone could spoiler or pm me a list of their 14 completed missions I'll cross match to my list. I looked in the game and it's only showing 13 to replay. Online, websites don't seem to list a consistent number of missions so that's not helping. Thanks!

In the app the image that's missing is the bottom left one (presumably 13th of 14).

Yeah - some are optional. I got an achievement for doing all the optional missions, which confused me - as I hadn't realised any were.

3 hours ago, MagicalDrop said:

I was just about to post a question about chapter 4 and wonder if this has something to do with what I was going to ask...

I am at a point where Dutch has asked me to go visit the Braithwaites or the Grays. Both show as mission icons, but he makes it sound like I can only do one or the other. Is that possibly where you can miss a mission?

Annoyingly you can only equip one satchel at a time, I've got the tonic & provisions satchels.

Where do I find a Panther? (Not looking forward to that encounter!), Iguana & Cougar?

27 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Yeah - some are optional. I got an achievement for doing all the optional missions, which confused me - as I hadn't realised any were.

Ok that sounds logical. Shame there’s no obvious way back for me to trigger the missing one although I could check some of my earlier saves.

Is there any chance someone could message me a screenshot of their game showing the full list of 14 in Ch 4 so I can see which one I missed? I’d like to do the ‘complete all 107 story missions’ element of the game if I can.

Only halfway through Ch2 but have spent ages exploring. Due to various... indiscretions I'm wanted in several states so things are getting a bit spicy when I'm out and about. I'm also a bit tight so am reluctant to pay off any bounties or hand myself in anywhere* so have been undertaking lots of risky forays into areas I shouldn't. It makes the game very tense.

Had a few encounters where I'd cleared out gang hideouts or camps I'd come across and as I was casually looting the dead I spotted the law heading my way on the map. The first time I decided against an open gun battle as I was recovering from clearing the place out so hunkered down behind some logs and decided to wait it out. Eventually they stopped looking for me and instead start commenting on the state of the place, with bodies everywhere. They even dismounted and started picking up all the bodies to move them into a pile in the middle, then headed off. Couple of other occasions I was spotted and forced to wipe them all out, but each encounter played out differently, felt very organic.

I'm going to see how long I can last now without getting my bounty removed one way or another, which is going to be getting more and more difficult with where the mission icons are starting to pop up.

*I did actually try to hand myself in at the sheriff's office in Valentine a while ago, but despite the price on my head they didn't seem interested, and just pointed me towards another Wanted poster instead. The fools.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

I was just about to post a question about chapter 4 and wonder if this has something to do with what I was going to ask...

Hide contents

I am at a point where Dutch has asked me to go visit the Braithwaites or the Grays. Both show as mission icons, but he makes it sound like I can only do one or the other. Is that possibly where you can miss a mission?

You can do both of those.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

Annoyingly you can only equip one satchel at a time, I've got the tonic & provisions satchels.

Where do I find a Panther? (Not looking forward to that encounter!), Iguana & Cougar?

It's purely for the look of it. As you build each satchel your base satchel gets the bonus, so which one you choose doesn't matter. Again, not very clear R*!

the Iguanas can be found...

Spoiler

On the island opposite base camp in chapter 3

Cougars are...

Spoiler

in the north West of the main map

Panthers I believe are...

Spoiler

in the west past Blackwater

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Danster said:

It's purely for the look of it. As you build each satchel your base satchel gets the bonus, so which one you choose doesn't matter. Again, not very clear R*!

the Iguanas can be found...

Reveal hidden contents

Cougars are...

Reveal hidden contents

Panthers I believe are...

Reveal hidden contents

Awesome, thanks for the locations! I'll be spending the next few days hunting. Good to know you still get the bonuses & it's all cosmetics.

Yeah it's the same with Trinkets and Talismans and hardened or crafted equipment. Not sure about saddles though, think they have their own stats rather than cumulative. 

Has anyone tried to get down into the parts of the map from the previous game before you're supposed to? I've had a few goes, but it seems like teleporting sheriffs appear all around and gun me down before I have chance to get too far. Is it possible to get through it?

10 minutes ago, JPL said:

Has anyone tried to get down into the parts of the map from the previous game before you're supposed to? I've had a few goes, but it seems like teleporting sheriffs appear all around and gun me down before I have chance to get too far. Is it possible to get through it?

no Not until the game allows you later on - think of it as there version of gta’s the bridges are not open 

12 minutes ago, JPL said:

2 hours ago, gossi the dog said:

I think I have found the reason why i am missing a story mission. In fact it seems there are 2 I haven't done, so I am not sure why the app is listing 14 for completion when 15 are available. Spoiler just has the mission names I have missed in Chapter 4, so are presumably optional.

Spoiler

Brothers and Sisters, One and All and High and Low Finance

12 minutes ago, JPL said:

Yep, I either become the worlds most wanted man or I drown trying to cross a river.

Question about the boat

Spoiler

I bought the camp boat back in chapter 3 but didn’t bother going anywhere in it, I’m now on chapter 6 and fancy trying to find this pirate island, where do I find the camp boat now?