rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-7 Remaster - PS4 - October

I seem to remember enjoying the first one but never playing the second. As it mentions below, this remaster includes all the DLC as well. Oddly, this is a PS4 exclusive, no Xbox One version has been announced. Some have speculated this leaves the way open for other Lego remasters - though not Lego City Undercover as this was actually a Nintendo release, not WB. I guess this fills the late year Lego gap as there has been nothing new announced since the release of The Force Awakens.

Anyway - blurb from comingsoon.net - 

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games have announced the LEGO Harry Potter Collection, which combines both LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 on one remastered disc and exclusively for the PlayStation 4. The collection will include both games and two DLC packs.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is based on the first four books and films—Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire—allowing fans to experience Harry’s first four years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in full LEGO form.

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 transports players through the final three books and final four films—Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows—to experience Harry’s last years at Hogwarts and his battle against Lord Voldemort in the ultimate fight between good and evil.

Character Pack DLC included on disc featuring 10 characters – Godric Gryffindor, Harry (Yule Ball), Helga Hufflepuff, Lockhart (Straightjacket), Luna (Lion Head), Peeves, Hermione (Pink Dress), Ron Weasley (Ghoul), Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin.

Spell Pack DLC included on disc featuring 5 spells – Cantis, Densaugeo, Ducklifors, Melofors and Tentaclifors.

The LEGO Harry Potter Collection will be released on October 18

This is one of my favourite games, but there is just so much to collect that I don't know if I could bring myself to do it all again. It wasn't a bad looking game to start with.

Forgot all about this, saw it in store today. We're debating whether to get it or not, as we never even bothered to open Lego Force Awakens, and barely dented Lego Avengers. 

Hmm. I do almost like the idea of playing an older game without all the added mechanics they seem to use these days. Given it looks like we're skipping any new Lego Dimenions, it might be worth a go. 

Picture-wise it looks incredibly sharp and yet it has frame rate issues. We've played about half of year one and in some of the wider open areas, the game starts to stutter. 

There's also an annoyance, which I suspect was in the original PS3 version, whereby you have to be pixel perfect when you drop some shapes on top of each other to unlock doors. We spent a good few minutes moving three blocks around 2 pixels to the right. There's also an issue with trying to highlight certain lamps - unless you're in the place the game wants you to be in, it won't register you're highlighting the object.

All that aside, it's not too taxing and it quite a lot of fun. Some of the more recent games we've ended up looking at walkthroughs, but this one most things are fairly obvious (save for the first troll battle).

Bit gutted this is only for PS4, anyone know why? Can't remember reading a particular reason. Played 1-4 and quite liked it but it was one of the few Lego games I never got 100% on cos some glitch made a character disappear so I couldn't buy them...at that point I was at 91% and couldn't stomach doing it all again, never been back. Think it was the same one @Unofficial Who mentioned above actually thinking about it.

Never played Years 5+ either so would have liked them all in one place! Ah well. 

Fuck this game. We were missing three characters, all in the Owlery. We got two of them but the third glitched. You're meant to hit a plant with a spell, it grows, causes a picture to sneeze = character token appears. Except there are four torches which either must not be lit before the plant has grown or the prompt to hit the plant just doesn't work. We have spent an hour in there to no avail. The character detector flashes in the corner, mocking us. It took us about 15 hours to get to this point, and much, much frustration. 

We have completed every other part - character 166 is the one we are missing, and character 167 you get upon getting all the other 166, which opens a bonus Voldemort level.

tu.jpg.cdf79f86519ced7ebacbceaac914cbc6.jpg

This is the only game I’ve ever been able to play cooperatively with my wife with her enjoying it too! That’s an achievement in itself. 

• Upvote 1