Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Gerbik

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition - on XB1/PS4 on March 28th / Switch 2018

Haven't tried it out yet, but assuming it's good this is one hell of a nice gesture by current Titan Quest ip owners Nordic Games. Out of nowhere (well, not exactly, they've been patching the original games and running beta versions for months on Steam now) they've now released Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on Steam!

That's right, one of the best ARPG's ever made remastered for a new generation to enjoy with a total of 1261 changes. It incudes both the original Titan Quest and the must-have expansion Immortal Throne combined into one game with reworked multiplayer, stability, performance, balancing, AI, STEAMWORKS and much more.

And anyone who already owns either Titan Quest, Titan Quest Gold or (not and! Or!) Immortal Throne on Steam will get (or already own, since it's out) Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for FREE!

And for those who don't already own one of the TQ games? Well, after being ashamed of yourselves for having a bad taste games and missing out on one of the best games in its genre for so long, you can buy Titan Quest Anniversary Edition with a 75% discount for one week. That's either 5 US dollars or 5 euros - no idea how much it is in the UK, but after Brexit that probably translates to 60 quid or something? Somebody let me know and I'll edit it in. After a week, the price will go up to twenty bucks/euros.

Steam storepage here

Full changelog here

Edit: also out on GOG! GOG storepage here, same 75% discount but no free option obviously

For those unfamiliar with the game, Titan Quest comes with my highest possible recommendation (Official Gerbik Approved (tm) ). Personally, I prefer Titan Quest over the likes of Diablo and Torchlight, but it takes awhile to get going - the game really comes into its own once you hit level 8 and unlock the second skill tree for lots of possibilities, allowing you to freely customise and combine skills between two different classes in a way that not many other games in the genre allow. But it's the setting that makes Titan Quest memorable above anything else - no emo/goth/satanic or endless dark dungeons or ye olde fantasy locales or even science-fiction trappings here, instead you're travelling across ancient Greece, into ancient Egypt and even further while fighting mythological beasts along the way like Minotaurs and Medusas and whatever else is appropriate for each location. It's all wonderfully different and refreshing, and even after all this time it still plays so well (thanks in no small part to the aforementioned multiple skill trees customisations).

• Restored and improved multiplayer functionality, including new features like a built-in voice chat and NAT resolving for best multiplayer connectivity
  • Support for more resolutions, larger camera distance and scaleable UI size
  • Improved performance and general stability
  • Support for modders through new modding options and a fully integrated Steam Workshop
  • Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets
  • Countless bug fixes and other improvements, including ten years’ worth of community fixes
  • Increased challenges and rewards for larger parties and on higher difficulty levels
  • Dozens of new heroes and bosses to encounter
  • Improved enemy and pet AI
  • Quality of life features like higher stack limits, quick item pickup, a larger stash and a speed setting
  • Reduced cheating with curbed exploits, removal of test items and mod comparison in multiplayer
  • Steam Friend Invites
  • Steam Achievements
  • Steam Trading Cards

“Before someone comes around asking why we give our games out for free (or almost for free if you want), here’s a quick explanation: After our name change from “Nordic Games” to “THQ Nordic”, we wanted a running start for our new identity and had to think about how to begin the new era with the most positive connotation possible (for a publisher).”

• Upvote 6

Oh cool, can I run this standalone then? I was going to (re)start on TQ: Immortal Throne with the fan patch but deleted TQ to release some space and the fucking thing needed both installed. So I played something else in a huff.

7 minutes ago, stefcha said:

Oh cool, can I run this standalone then? I was going to (re)start on TQ: Immortal Throne with the fan patch but deleted TQ to release some space and the fucking thing needed both installed. So I played something else in a huff.

Yeah this version has everything included :)

Looking forward to putting this on again - it's been ages!

Not only that, you can now actually skip the intro even when you start it up for the first time and it will also detect your existing saves and characters from the old games if you have any :)

That's awesome, really nice of them to do that :)  I'm afraid Diablo 3 has spoiled me though, I have no doubt Titan Quest and games like Path Of Exile are deeper from a systems point of view but none of them are as satisfying for me in comparison to Diablo 3's gameplay.  I tried Titan Quest again a short while ago before this came out and ended up deleting it, it just doesn't have that satisfying crunch for me personally.  It probably helps that whilst I love action rpgs I'm not a deep player/min maxer so that kinda thing has never bothered me.

1 hour ago, JPR said:

Titan Quest + Immortal Throne coming to PS4/Xbox March 20th and Switch when it's done, price is £26.99. Can't see any mention of the latest expansion.

whaaaaaa :blink::o

That is the most unexpected news ever! Anyway, definitely bought! I always prefer controller to m+kb, hope they manage to implement it well.

Just found my old TQ saves on DropBox - I never fully completed it but got a long way through.  Tempted to restart though as I've forgotten most of the story.

Same here, I've been meaning to start again from scratch for aaaages. After years of not playing it I got as far as sorting it the community patch based on various posts on here to give it another go then heard about the Anniversary Edition so stopped before starting. Installed the new one... and I've yet to start it again. I'll start it and finish it one day, mark my words!