Oh Danny Boy

What is spinning on your turntable?

On 04/06/2018 at 20:41, deerokus said:

40p in a charity shop. Really shite album, but Clint Eastwood singing is pretty fun. 

IMG_20180604_203819~2-02.jpeg

My dad's record collection was 50% Western soundtracks and 50% war themes, though generally courtesy of Geoff Love rather then the original artists. He had a copy of the Paint Your Wagon soundtrack by the Mike Sammes Singers, and one day after I got the old record player in my room, I played Wandrin' Star so many times in a row that he came and took it away from me. And you've also got They Call the Wind Maria, before you even start on the Eastwood tracks. So in conclusion, your analysis is faulty and 40p is the bargain of the century.

However, the best thing to come out of all this, possibly tied with the Simpsons version, can be found here:

• Upvote 1

I just made the mistake of looking at Juno.co.uk for a single 12" I wanted to buy.

There's a sale on - £60 quid later I've got a few (8 titles, 9 discs if you count one as a double album) 12" singles and albums on the way

• Empathy 1

8 hours ago, Camel said:

Only one of those is a jazz album :)

Yeah, I forgot to cut the others!

How to kill your own gag stone dead. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Actually, .I just saw what you posted earlier ... all set!

I've wanted this record for years, 20 odd years in fact. Finally picked it up at a reasonable price from a Japanese seller last month:

SJQTUyR.jpg

• Upvote 1

Boring anecdote: I once sold a Bochum Welt 10" to Richard D. James which he'd put out himself on Rephlex ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rsdio said:

Boring anecdote: I once sold a Bochum Welt 10" to Richard D. James which he'd put out himself on Rephlex ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really wish RDJ would repress a lot of the rephlex stuff, such a great label

• Upvote 1

Uriah Heep, Demons and Wizards which I bought in a charity shop purely for the fantastic gatefold art - the record itself looked really fucked, as if someone had taken a sander to it. Turns out to play very well though, and it's a brilliant album. Right at that inflection point where prog became heavy metal. Really cool.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes you just got to play the best.

I don't suppose anyone knows where to get an original 1200/1210 lid for a decent price? I bought one of those decksavers but it has a depressed section in the middle meaning my tonearm hits it as it gets closer to the middle and starts pressing on the record, meaning I can't play records with it on!

hGkJx7E.jpg

• Upvote 1