rllmuk
tobert

Overwatch - Overwatch 2 announced, adds PvE mode

On 31/01/2020 at 08:09, DC Lemon said:

Everybody gangsta until they take Reinhardt, Sigma, Orisa and Bastion out of the hero pool at the same time.

I like the sound fo this. Forcing everyone to flex. Or, more to the point, taking away Widow is going to make some maps actually fun on the higherskill matches.

Some of the infamous toxic behaviour seems to have leaked onto Switch games now.

Competitive, Temple of Anubis, Some French lad, backed up by his friends, bellowing down the mic that I needed to swap from Ashe. Firstly - not that it mattered a huge amount - he didn’t even say who he thought I should swap to but more importantly he wanted to play as Ashe himself, despite being locked into Support Class for the game.

It was with a mild amount of conflicted delight that I watched him and the 3 guys he was partied up with who had positioned themselves on the ledge bit defending the choke point at the first control area totally miss the entire enemy team simply head left down the little tunnel and flank them into dust. Especially when that bit turned up in play of the game. We lost 4/3. I was on fire twice and picked up gold medal for damage done.

As the results came in he still levied blame on me for not letting him play as Ashe. Less bothered about picking up a mic now.

Yes, him being French didn’t matter but I don’t have any other descriptions of him.

8 hours ago, Mikes said:

I like the sound fo this. Forcing everyone to flex. Or, more to the point, taking away Widow is going to make some maps actually fun on the higherskill matches.

I’m not too bothered about the hero ban thing but I’ll generally respect high skill Widowmakers and their less common relatives, high skilled Hanzo’s. Chiefly because I am neither of those.

Hero pool sounds good to me, I still pop in for the odd game of Overwatch.

I have been catching up on some of the new Overwatch League games. I don't like the new Homestand format as much as a viewer, but they do cut out a lot of the crap and get right into the action. However the games I've seen have been very entertaining. The new meta and 2,2,2 is so fun compared to last season. There are Mcrees popping off, Reinhardt is back, there's some Widowmaker, Ana and even some dive heroes like genji and trader back in the mix. I recommend checking out the NYXL and San Fransico Shock games on YouTube, the new home for Overwatch League. The games actually exciting to watch for the most part, something which had been sorely lacking at times in last season's GOATs Meta. There is still some Orisa, Mei and Reaper but fortunately a lot of other stuff is being played too. Once hero pool comes to OWL it will be even better I think.

12 hours ago, Strafe said:

I’m not too bothered about the hero ban thing but I’ll generally respect high skill Widowmakers and their less common relatives, high skilled Hanzo’s. Chiefly because I am neither of those.

Any high-skill DPS is a paint to deal with, but a Widow in the right hands can shut down entire portions of the map.

I have total respect for the skill those players have, but I really don't want o have a game basically go to "GG" when it's made clear there are insta-death zones.

Just had a game of competitive, capture point on temple of Anubis.

The first two rounds ended up in 2-2 tie.

The third round, we attacked, we got both capture points. The fourth round they only got one before the time ran out but the match still ended in a draw. What sort of conditions would cause this?

I haven’t bothered watching OWL until now but I’ll carry on watching after witnessing this.

• Upvote 1

Watched this earlier in the day and I'd if you have time then the whole match is worth a watch, it's a roller coaster ride.

• Upvote 1

The final Figma (announced so far) in the Overwatch series arrived today. Hopefully they’ll announce some more but even then there’s usually a 12 month lead time from announcement to release.

Anyway...You know what time it is.

E42970CD-956A-4BDC-8F7A-E55A6DE5E7F9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Does competitive mode take into account previous ranking when qualifying?

For context, I won 3 out of 5 games in DPS and went into platinum (Which I played last season heavily) and won 5 games in a row on Support (which I hardly touched last season) and only got Gold.

Sorry for the low quality footage - that’s switch+twitter for you - but just achieved temporary nirvana with Moira and my first announcer verified sextuple kill.

• Upvote 2

Just under 30 minutes till we queue for 20 minutes and still don’t get to play Echo

Managed to get a game with Echo. She’s pretty cool, her focus beam is especially fun/nasty depending on what end of it you’re on. 

Cool that they’ve brought back competitive open queue as an option. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of switching from Mercy to Widowmaker.

There is a reasonable degree of terror when you get stuck with Echo’s sticky bombs and the pre-detonation sound ramps up.

9 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

Cool that they’ve brought back competitive open queue as an option. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of switching from Mercy to Widowmaker.

Just used that mode to get a competitive game with Echo. The first 2/3rds of the first match were a disaster. Then, she clicked and I cleaned up. Very much a ranged hero, similar to Ashe (who I main) in many ways.

Competitive is a mess on PS4. Why’s Echo made available during a season?

It’s causing issues everywhere. People trying to learn a new hero whilst at platinum. Good news though, there’s one on each team so it balances out.

Echo is a beast in the right hands. I don’t think I have said hands.

Most don’t think that way. I’m reporting any Echo that’s poor for gameplay sabotage.

This entire season has been hot garbage. As per usual I end up in high Gold low Plat after Support placement matches and this season was not different, but I booked a holiday to Silver, actually spent a coupe of days in low Silver. Like, nothing clicked. I don't know is it's because of the new hero, Covid-19 or just me not being in the right state of mind but ooff... hot garbage.

It's you.

Edit: Oh and OW is awful now. Devs don't have a fucking clue what they're doing, hero bans are a joke, and DPS queues are so long it's pointless.

I've tried enjoying Tank and Support, but the game just isn't the same anymore. It's mutated into something that feels a world away from those joyous months of 2016 when everything was unbalanced as fuck and there weren't shields cluttering the screen.

And I thought I was miserable and grumpy.

I think the game’s decent but it could do with some pepper in its arse. It’s all so dull right now.

It's completely stagnant. I used to be so excited for where the game was heading, but outside of some shitty season special games, there's been no new game modes in standard OW for four years. Hero bans mean the popular characters are smashed out of the rotation every other week, and it basically renders new characters non-existent for a long time.

In a world with no sport it’s still fun to watch.

I joined for the tokens and stayed for the drama.