RubberJohnny

Prey (2017) - Update and Mooncrash DLC available now!

7 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I've just started this and loving it right from the get go. I mean, really loving it - I'm completely absorbed and finding it hard to quit each time I play despite real life factors forcing me to.  Why did none of you fuckers tell me this was System Shock 3 with a different title? :quote:

It's from Arkane Studios. That's a seal of quality right there. ;)

• Upvote 2

Right that's it, talk of an SS3 comparison means I'm finally booting this up tonight (or after weekend away) as it'll be good alternative to Wildlands fun and games.

Right... 

I've hammered Alien Isolation, and it's done now. 

Time to finish this then. I'm so close to the end too. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/06/2018 at 09:48, Pob said:

Any suggestions of an X/Pro patch? Been holding off getting into this properly until its E3 showing. The DLC sounds like my kind of thing.

Just spotted this post and yeah it's now X-enhanced. Looks really sharp and detailed :wub: Was probably patched in alongside the new game + stuff and the expansion, but they could've made a bigger deal out of it. I was surprised to find it was an X-enhanced title when I started it up! Hadn't heard a single thing about it.

fan fucking tastic game too, haven't been this immersed in and gripped by a game in ages. 

Alien Isolation is one of the titles I'm planning on playing next, so I'm basically following @noob it seems :)

24 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Just spotted this post and yeah it's now X-enhanced. Looks really sharp and detailed :wub: Was probably patched in alongside the new game + stuff and the expansion, but they could've made a bigger deal out of it. I was surprised to find it was an X-enhanced title when I started it up! Hadn't heard a single thing about it.

fan fucking tastic game too, haven't been this immersed in and gripped by a game in ages. 

Alien Isolation is one of the titles I'm planning on playing next, so I'm basically following @noob it seems :)

Prepare for your pants being blown off then. 

It's immense! 

I'm preparing my pants in advance! I love the movies and especially the aesthetic of the first Alien, so it should be my kind of game. Prey first though because Prey = :wub:

Right... 

I'm back in. Found my way to the arboretum. 

Spoiler

I'm trying to find Alex's arming key. I've got into the safe already. Says something about him hiding until two people are dead?

Flummoxed... Any idea?

@noob follow the Dahl / shuttle sidequests. If you are still stuck, which I hope not!

I finished this yesterday. 55 hours on the clock because I really, really enjoyed exploring the environment and uncovering all the story bits. Fantastic game, it really clicked with me and it's easily my favourite Shock/Deus-like experience since System Shock 2. I was completely obsessed with it in the past week, one of those increasingly rare games (as I get older and more cynical/jaded) which had me constantly thinking about playing it whenever I wasn't playing it. As far as I'm concerned, Prey is by far the best thing Arkane has done so far and I'm now a fan. Loved it!

• Upvote 7

Through the Arboretum now for me and Crew Quarters next (poltergeist... eek!). It really is absolutely outstandingly good. And fully agree with you @Mr. Gerbik that it's the best thing Arkane have done. 

Arboretum is beautiful as well with the sun shifting all around it and causing shadows to move. 

And the music and sfx are just so so good and set the tone and atmosphere wonderfully. Love it.

I've not touched any of the psi mods/skills yet as don't appeal, yet. Do I need to?

• Upvote 2

Glad you're enjoying it :D

55 minutes ago, Len said:

I've not touched any of the psi mods/skills yet as don't appeal, yet. Do I need to?

Nope! Do whatever you want

• Upvote 1