RubberJohnny

Prey (2017) - Update and Mooncrash DLC available now!

Looks like a complete reboot of the bounty hunter one, which was already basically a reboot of the series. Horror themed modern remastering of System Shock type thing? Looks interesting.

• Upvote 2

The CGI trailer looks fine but didn't really show anything.

Bur there's something that really bugs me about them shoving a pre-existing title onto what is clearly an entirely new game.

It looks more like actual Prey 1 than old Prey 2. Which is kind of disappointing as I liked the setting and premise of the old trailer... but it could still be interesting.

On 13/06/2016 at 10:41 AM, Retroid said:

Looks nowhere near as cool as the Bounty Hunter one, why was that even cancelled? And if they got the funding why did they make this?

Because Bethesda/Zenimax wanted to buy out the company making it by starving them of cash, they refused their bully boy tactics and so got shunted off the game.

• Upvote 1

On 13-6-2016 at 0:05 PM, SeanR said:

had a good ending too...

Oh man, 2006-me loved that credits song. :D

I was at E3 when Human Head showed their vertical slice. It looked good, but I have more faith in Arkane to be honest. 

Chris Avellone is a writer on this by the way.

For better or worse I wouldn't have minded a nod to the original? There seems to be nothing connecting the two, regardless of it being a reboot. 

4 hours ago, VN1X said:

For better or worse I wouldn't have minded a nod to the original? There seems to be nothing connecting the two, regardless of it being a reboot. 

Having only played the demo of the original and not really liking all that much about it, I sorta prefer that they seem to have stepped away from what went before. Then again, its hard to really tell from that trailer and we could end up seeing more than a few nods in the finished game. I am pleased to hear that its gonna be a Metroidvania though. 

8 hours ago, Sie said:

Having only played the demo of the original and not really liking all that much about it, I sorta prefer that they seem to have stepped away from what went before. Then again, its hard to really tell from that trailer and we could end up seeing more than a few nods in the finished game. I am pleased to hear that its gonna be a Metroidvania though. 

Where did you hear it's going to be a metroidvania? Just curious - it would be great, but the video doesn't really say and I haven't seen in mentioned in any of the previews I've read so far.

Damn I've seen and heard stuff about the game before but never this in-depth. Watching all of that gameplay footage, which still looks great to this day I might add, sure does show how much of a shame it is we never got to play it ourselves. Looks like Human Head were really on to something with their game. :(