Yeah, I'm not doing Clan Wars at the moment as I've a lot on in RL and my connection absolute dogsh*t (giffgaff) so just hopping on to do an occasional crown chest at the moment rather than the inevitable connection lost clan war loss.
I try to never ask for cards without donating first as I feel a bit of a hanger on at the moment and dont want to take the piss.
No intentions of stopping playing though.

• 1 month later...

What do people think of the new update? Not sure I like the new "battle pass" style idea for the tournaments - you get your free tier rewards, or can pay extra for the premium tier of rewards. Seems like a bit of a grab to drain everyone's gems. Unless you are a whizz at tournaments you will get basically slightly more than what 500 gems worth would buy you of coins anyway, so it seems to be just a way of forcing your hand to get rid of any you have hoarded. I suspect they are moving to embrace microtransactions more (you can buy single emotes with gems now) and want to clear you out of them so you start to buy them with real money.

I do like the leaderboards with your clan mates on though.

I'm fine with them constantly building out the core game and giving people multiple ways to play or generate rewards - if you think how the game started way back when it was 1v1 and that was it. Now you can play 1v1, 2v2, clan wars all of which generate rewards and are free, and there is a fairly regular stream of challenges with a free entry.

The move towards cosmetics that are charged for is a direct response to the accusations of the game being solely pay to win, they're putting more gold and cards into the FTP economy than ever before and charging for some bolt ons, seems a fair approach to me.

I think their pricing is always a bit OTT, but suspect they know their audience and know a large chunk won't buy an emote if its 250 gems or 50 gems, so are charging the whales who will pay.

1 minute ago, Gotters said:

I'm fine with them constantly building out the core game and giving people multiple ways to play or generate rewards - if you think how the game started way back when it was 1v1 and that was it. Now you can play 1v1, 2v2, clan wars all of which generate rewards and are free, and there is a fairly regular stream of challenges with a free entry.

The move towards cosmetics that are charged for is a direct response to the accusations of the game being solely pay to win, they're putting more gold and cards into the FTP economy than ever before and charging for some bolt ons, seems a fair approach to me.

A fair perspective, and a less cynical one than mine ;-) Can't deny the value I have gotten out of this game over the years and the fact it is still engaging me after all that time is incredible.

1 minute ago, Gotters said:

I think their pricing is always a bit OTT, but suspect they know their audience and know a large chunk won't buy an emote if its 250 gems or 50 gems, so are charging the whales who will pay.

Ain't that the truth - I did a double take at that £99.99 pack they had on the shop recently!

I made a rough spreadsheet for token trades and as some people’s rllmuk names are different to in-game names, I’m not sure who to send the link to. Don’t want to just post it publicly as it can be edited by anyone.

So anyone who wants the link, message me on here!

11 hours ago, MrHendo said:

I made a rough spreadsheet for token trades and as some people’s rllmuk names are different to in-game names, I’m not sure who to send the link to. Don’t want to just post it publicly as it can be edited by anyone.

So anyone who wants the link, message me on here!

Oh would love to see that

• 2 months later...

I haven’t paid any proper attention to it, but I’m pretty sure I can make a hefty amount of cash every month from all the duplicates I get in chests. And along with all the war bonuses and stuff. I might make a note of my cash on the 1st of March and see how it’s changed by the 1st of April.

I’m relatively frugal with what I upgrade, so the cash just sits there and cards I can max out but don’t want to continue to earn me money.

• 1 month later...

I think I need some new decks. I’m sitting at Level 12 which a bit of a grind and recent card balances have made me less effective. Looking for some new decks but not copying whatever is fashionable in the meta.

Maxed cards: Balloon, Hog rider, 3 musketeers, bats, zap, goblin gang

L12: Wizard, rage, hat dragon, zappies, musketeer, ice wizard, archers, clone, executioner, minion, barbarians, skelly army

L11: miner, sparky, guards, tornado, poison, witch, giant skelly, x-bow, lightning, PEKKA, heal, mega minion, dart goblin, fireball, mini PEKKA, bomb tower, valkyrie, flying machine, ice spirit, fire spirit, arrows, bomber, battle ram, inferno tower, giant, pump, minion horde, elite barbs, royal giant

everything else under L11, most cards have upgrades available.

Big new quarterly update out today with one very notable feature that may be of interest to lapsed players.

1v1 ladder is now far less stressful as they've put in place a floor, meaning you can't drop back out of arena once you've got into it - you may go on a losing run but your trophies stop dropping at a certain point (like 4k fro legendary arena) - this was to unblock the 4k log jam and make 1v1 a bit more fun and less stressful.

Spots available in the clan if people want to come back and rejoin.

Also rewards to collect on the trophy road...if you have played ever you will have rewards to collect. Here’s what I’ve been rewarded and I’m up to about the 3000 trophy level (another 1.2k to go):

CURRENCY

Gold x 31916

Gems x 100

CARDS    

Archers x 2

Arrows x 318

Baby Dragon x 24

Balloon x 8

Barbarians x 135

Barbarian Hut x 10

Bats x 79

Battle Ram x 8

Bomber x 175

Bomb Tower x 10

Bowler x 1 

Cannon x 4

Cannon Cart x 2

Clone x 1

Dark Prince x 2

Dart Goblin x 58

UNLOCK Earthquake x 19

Electro Dragon x 2

Elite Barbarians x 54

Elixir Collector x 27

Executioner x 2

Fireball x 3

Fire Spirits x 1

Flying Machine x 29

Freeze x 4

Furnace x 2

Giant Snowball x 122

Giant skeleton x 1

Goblins x 16

Goblin Gang x 50

Goblin Giant x 2

Goblin Hut x 31

Golem x 1

LEGENDARY Graveyard x 2 <<<<

Hog Rider x 11

Hunter x 13

Inferno Tower x 50

Knight x 9

Lightning x 2

Mega Minion x 10

Mini P.E.K.K.A x 54

Minions x 20

Mirror x 1

Mortar x 2

LEGENDARY P.E.K.K.A x 1

LEGENDARY Princess x 1

Rascals x 56

Royal Hogs x 1

Royal Giant x 50

Royal Recruits x 7

Skeletons x 16

Skeleton Army x 5

Skeleton Barrel x 53

Tesla x 63

Tornado x 1

Three Musketeers x 10

Valkyrie x 14

Wizard x 10

Zap x 52

Zappies x 10

X-bow x 1

EMOTES

Barbarian hands in the air

Royal ghost clapping

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I might, I had another couple of goes a week or so back and really enjoyed it. Need a look at my deck, though

Clan is rllmuk and set to invite only - just let us know your in game name here and apply to join back in, we'll accept in game.

Yeah, there is a ton of free gold, gems and cards too for everybody after todays update.

Ok, I think the April update is going to pull me back in. Anybody know how to recover my old account? The 'connect to Facebook' tells me another account is linked and I don't know if I will lose everything by continuing. Do I need to contact supercell?

10 minutes ago, Gabe said:

Ok, I think the April update is going to pull me back in. Anybody know how to recover my old account? The 'connect to Facebook' tells me another account is linked and I don't know if I will lose everything by continuing. Do I need to contact supercell?

I'd be on safe side and check with them, want to make sure you restore the most up to date version of your account - we did have a clan clear out too but its now open for new members above 3600 trophies - if you can't get back in just post in here.

April update really good - the new game modes are good additions (i.e. not touchdown) and the ladder floor is great as removes some, but not all, of the lose streak stress.

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

I stopped at 3000 trophies I believe, but will I be allowed back in? Also, in the interim, could Thunderpants be invited? If I get my old account back you can kick that one.

does it let you request to join in game ?

if not just PM me your email address and think I can send an invite in game.

Looks like a few of us are hitting new personal bests since they improved ladder progression.

88C1B2DE-32B2-4AC4-83BF-21BCAF889860.thumb.jpeg.89d83f7b4e80a3f6450be05353ffa629.jpeg

Each sharp drop on that graph is the reset from a new season starting. Been a real struggle the last few seasons - as you can see, this one just goes straight up!

Yeah, I'm probably only playing about half as much as I was and have already increased my pb this season.  The change is definitely leading to higher trophy counts.

Is that graph from stats royale?  I've not used that for months so its not showing one for me.

They had to space things out though as had far too much bunching around the 4k mark and people like me had given up 1v1 totally until the latest release.

Once people get used to their PB levels in the new system it'll be fine - I really like what they've done in that big update.

For those of us still obsessed with this game the first few pages of this thread are a really good read of days gone by.

7 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Is that graph from stats royale?  I've not used that for months so its not showing one for me.

Yeah I mostly use it to see what chests are on the way, though.

And @Gotters - those heady days when we had to have 2 full up clans! 

Does anybody know how to recover my old account back from the days it was only linked via Facebook? I can't really find any definitive information about it and the support function doesn't seem to be much use. When I reinstalled it linked to google play and even if I bypass this, choosing to link to Facebook doesn't help. Unfortunately I have no idea what my old player tag was so I suspect it is doomed - which is a damn shame, I'm sure I had over 1000 gems and a fair wedge of gold on that account :(