rllmuk
Gotters

Clash Royale

I see that we are currently 50/50. I'm not playing anymore I have just been donating cards until I'm all out so feel free to kick me out if you need to make space. Until then I'll just keep donating until I've none left.

Haven't played this in months and randomly picked it up again. Was previously stuck in Pekkas Playhouse, somehow I've won the last 10 or so games in a row and am now in the Builders Workshop. Has the player base shifted over time so that the later levels are now 'easier'?

• Upvote 1

Woo gratz! I got my first one of those just a couple of weeks ago. It was basically mostly Tornados for Epics and no Legendaries. Good luck with yours!

Nice find, he can be a right little bastard if used correctly.

I'm having fun with the Clone spell + Skele Bomber, get him close enough and you can get a tower down to 500 hp in one go.

• Upvote 1

I feel a bit of an idiot. Normally I dismiss these fee-to-pay mobile games but damn this is addictive. Yes it's got timers and it's really obvious when you come up against someone who has pumped loads of time/money into it, but it's still strangely addictive. It's definitely one of those games you want to creep off to the loo at work to play. 

I'm on a real horrible run at the moment and am struggling to find a deck I'm happy with. Currently stuck in Arena 6 and facing either swarmers or wizard+witch and giant/prince. It makes a lot of matches a case of just pure countering each other and then, usually because of the prince, I lose by a crown. Very frustrating.

6 hours ago, Gabe said:

I'm on a real horrible run at the moment and am struggling to find a deck I'm happy with. Currently stuck in Arena 6 and facing either swarmers or wizard+witch and giant/prince. It makes a lot of matches a case of just pure countering each other and then, usually because of the prince, I lose by a crown. Very frustrating.

I copied most of Poet's deck and I ended up as a mean, lean, Tower smashing machine.

Sadly still don't have a miner to actually do the deck it's ultimate justice. 

I'm stuck in a bit of a rut now with the game, owing to really not being able to compete at 4k+ with anything other than my main deck. Understandable given everything in my main deck is at least a level higher than anything else.

To alleviate this, I think I'm going to purposefully drop back to about 3k at every reset, which will allow me both to easily collect a load of chests for the clan, and use a bunch of different decks that would actually be somewhat competitive. It'll also give me time to get back over 4k for the (tiny number of) legend trophies I'll get at each reset if I care. They'll apparently do something one day.

I'm also now just 9 clone cards, a lumberjack and an electro wizard away from a complete tournament deck, which is nice.

It's got a lot of different approaches, which is why I like it so much.

Attacks will often be Miner & Minion Horde or Miner and maybe a combination of Pekka, Goblins and Fire Spirits. Sometimes without goblins, sometimes just goblins, sometimes just fire spirits. Otherwise, leading with Pekka most of the time. Pekka and Minion Horde can be devastating pretty quick, especially with one tower down and attacking from two or even three angles if the Miner gets involved. Sometimes I unleash the hell that is goblins alone if I've seen what they have and have a feeling they're elixir short. I also try to use fireball and zap aggressively if possible, so attacking buildings or troops as they are over their tower. Really, it all depends on what I come up against. And cannon is almost exclusively used in the middle, but also sometimes placed to take out a crossbow, mortar or princess across the river.

• Upvote 2

I was wondering how long it would take someone to copy the formula, I'll expect a few more in 2017.

Move out to a new thread?

most of these IOS games never seem to merit a thread, I'm surprised that Clash took off like it did here, we're 10 months in now and still going strong.

may be worth one when it launches, can't see a lot of pre release chatter on a phone game (other than Mario, which managed hundreds of posts)

not surprised people copying the formula either, apparently Clash Royal is expected to hit $1b in revenue for a game with a full time team of 15 people !