rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Steven

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

It just struck me, Luke most likely died a virgin. The real tragedy of not throwing away the Jedi teachings earlier. No wonder Yoda's Ghost was pissing himself laughing.

• Upvote 5

On 19/12/2017 at 20:07, Naieve said:

hmm

Also where were the knights of ren? I was looking forward to seeing them in a flashback strutting around Luke's training temple up to no good like the Tunnel Snakes from fallout 3 with Snoke as the evil PE teacher or something since he's already got a tracksuit.

I'd never heard of the knights of ren until this thread. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Hierophant said:

Fairly sure they’re mentioned in the first 10mins if TFA. They’re briefly seen in Rey’s vision when she touches the lightsaber for the 1st time. 

But yes; hardly prominent overall. I expect J.J. will put them front and centre in Episode 9.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:
  Hide contents

It just struck me, Luke most likely died a virgin. The real tragedy of not throwing away the Jedi teachings earlier. No wonder Yoda's Ghost was pissing himself laughing.

Spoiler

He definitely had something going on with Koo Stark (Camie) at Tosche Station. There's no way Uncle Owen's moisture farm went through so many power convertors really.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, ahsoka said:

Reveal hidden contents

He definitely had something going on with Koo Stark (Camie) at Tosche Station. There's no way Uncle Owen's moisture farm went through so many power convertors really.

Nah, you just know he was sat outside uncomfortably working on the landspeeder desperately trying to shut out the noise of Biggs giving moustache rides emanating from Tosche Station.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ale Crow said:
  Hide contents

Yoda was just jazzed to be chatting to Luke I think. Sensing Luke was getting all in touch with the force again or knew some big exciting shit was coming, maybe. Whatever, didn't really bother me.

The more I think about the film the less annoyed I am about the shit stuff.

The good stuff is really good. Mark Hammill really nailed it I think. That milk face!

Yeah, the wink to camera and the knowing ‘this is where blue milk comes from you dicks’ is a classic.

• Upvote 3

They missed a trick by not powdering up Luke's face and splashing on some lipstick though...

And then going to some planet where there's lots of caverns, so Luke could just talk about bats all the time.

4th, 5th and 6th wall all thoroughly broken then.

1 hour ago, The Hierophant said:

yeah, either snoke or gingernazi mentions them in the last movie when they are giving Kylo guff about being a bit shit.

presumably they are the guys who kylo didn't kill at Luke's school so are all a bit force'y also, unlike the red guys who were just space-securityguards

• Upvote 2

There's a thing in this film that really reminded me of something from season 4 of the TV series Legend of Korra.

Spoiler tagged for both The Last Jedi and Legend of Korra (just in case anyone happens to be in the middle of watching that series at the moment):

Spoiler

After two years of fan speculation about whether Rey's parentage involved known characters, it's finally revealed to be as much of a non-issue as the grand mystery of who Lin Beifong's father was:

2 hours ago, hebejebe said:

I was unsure after watching it for the first time. Took the kids to see it on Monday and now I love it, I think it’s brilliant.

I've just seen it again, and it seems really good this time. The first viewing was a massive disappointment because it failed to deliver on pretty much everything TFA had primed me to expect, but now I know it all plays out totally differently I appreciate it all far more.

Regarding Snoke:

Spoiler

Since TFA I was hoping it would turn out Snoke was actually Jar Jar Binks, bit miffed that didn't happen. <_<

Maybe he was working for Darth Jar Jar... 

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

Unless Snoke's body was also a force projection from elsewhere. 

You'd think the various force sensitive people in the galaxy would have felt Snoke's passing given that he was the most powerful being in the known universe.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

There are rumours that TLJ will be the first 4k UHD Star Wars movie. I'll be all over that, because this film will look sublime in HDR.

8DCC2134-E3DD-483E-9E43-7BE1C3D49829.thumb.jpeg.3b35eac024728fa684b7e632d315156a.jpeg

https://m.zavvi.com/blu-ray/star-wars-the-last-jedi-4k-ultra-hd-includes-2d-blu-ray-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/11642794.html?_ga=2.196264876.1663058901.1513767520-323630069.1462319392

:)

48 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

The way the penultimate scene ends, you can see it was made to go straight to the credits. But the final scene was tacked on. It's easily the worst part of the entire movie. It's woefully misjudged. And I still don't want to believe the it was Rian's decision to include it. It really smacks of Disney meddling. If it actually was Rian, then I'll go into his new trilogy with expectations kept well in check. 

wtf

anyway, now that Smokes is gone the finally boss should be Benicio Del Toro and the military industrial complex

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

The way the penultimate scene ends, you can see it was made to go straight to the credits. But the final scene was tacked on. It's easily the worst part of the entire movie. It's woefully misjudged. And I still don't want to believe the it was Rian's decision to include it. It really smacks of Disney meddling. If it actually was Rian, then I'll go into his new trilogy with expectations kept well in check. 

Having seen the film once, remind me what the penultimate scene is and how it ends.

I see your point but I'd argue that Johnson ended the film exactly the way he wanted. Canto Bight and all of it's thematic underpinnings are clearly important for him - as is setting up the end of the Star Wars story being solely about the Skywalkers.

I really don't get the hate for the last scene; it's a little heavy handed sure but it's only following on from the two most important reveals of the last act:

Spoiler

that you don't need to be The Chosen One or directly related to Anakin Skyalker to be a Force User and that the future of the Rebellion and the future hope of the Galaxy lies in the hands of people like that boy, not our old heroes. 

I'll eat my hat if Johnson later admits Disney forced it on him. And it's a big hat.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Captain LeChuck said:

I can't disagree more strongly. The final shot is superb and feels so very deliberate. It underpins the whole rebellion theme of the film and ends it on a fantastic note. 

• Upvote 7