Pokemon Sun & Moon & Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/09/2017 at 12:20, ryodi said:

I restarted Pokemon Sun 5 times for no reason

• Empathy 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally completed my living Alola Dex which is 403 Pokemon in the Ultra games.  Looking at my Daily Records it taken me 91 hours in Ultra Moon, 34 hours in Sun and 31 hours in Moon to do it and using the GTS for a few of the Pokemon that either require to complete the game again like the exclusive UB or catching them in game is just a pain like Dratini. The Ultra versions are definitely the best made Pokemon games so far, everything loads quickly and there's plenty of Pokemon to catch. It also looks great with only occasional slowdown during 2x2 battles, I went back to X/Y briefly and its amazing how grainy those games look in comparison. it's just a shame the islands themselves don't change like the worlds do in other sequel / third games in generations so despite some story changes it does feel very samey and more like a finished version of the previous game than something new.

If you're looking for a first Pokemon game I'd definitely recommend the Alola games even when the Switch games come out because there is a lot to them and the first Pokemon games on new platforms are generally thin on content.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, shirubagan said:

I picked up Ultra Sun in anticipation of Sword & Shield and it's a bit good isn't it? I don't know why I picked Rowlett over Litten though. Rookie. Can I find Litten anywhere later in the game?

I haven't played Ultra Sun (only Sun) but I'd be amazed if not.

Is the online trading thing still active? If so you can get one from there.

• 1 month later...

What is definitely the last US/UM Mystery Gift is happening now for Shiny Lunala and Solgaleo which look terrible.

It has already started in Europe but no one knows what is going on in regards to distribution in the UK so I just bought two codes for £2 each off eBay, the EU codes work fine on the UK version of the games.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:52, ryodi said:

It has already started in Europe but no one knows what is going on in regards to distribution in the UK so I just bought two codes for £2 each off eBay, the EU codes work fine on the UK version of the games.

Typical UK physical distribution. I hope they don't do any for Sword and Shield.

I can't even find codes to buy on eBay?

I bought two from this seller

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Code-Pokemon-Solgaleo-Lunala-Ultra-Soleil-et-Lune-Sun-Moon-DLC-Shiny/163887317193?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

You get a photo of the receipt with the code on sent to you eBay inbox relatively quickly and both codes worked perfectly for me. I assume with the number of GAME stores rapidly decreasing and Smyths not really that widespread it's difficult to choose which one to use for the widest reach. But it's still better than the US where due to Gamestop employees selling the leaflets with the codes on them you now have to use an app inside the store to get the code instead.

• Upvote 2
On 12/10/2019 at 10:52, ryodi said:

What is definitely the last US/UM Mystery Gift is happening now for Shiny Lunala and Solgaleo which look terrible.

It has already started in Europe but no one knows what is going on in regards to distribution in the UK.

Serebii.net is reporting today that the distribution in the UK is in the form of codes from GAME. It will run from the 21st October (next Monday) to November 15th.

18 hours ago, ryodi said:
The £4 they cost me on eBay isn’t much more than it costs for parking to go to my nearest Game since my local one closed down.

I mean I've paid the £4 and it just saves me going into GAME period.

• 7 months later...

My cousin’s young son just sent me a WhatsApp out of the blue asking how to wipe his massive save on Ultra Sun because he wants to restart. I’ve not played a Pokemon game since Sapphire on the GBA :unsure:

He’s heard there’s a way to get all of the starters by saying “I can’t decide” 5 times at the start, which eventually means you get the lot :rolleyes: That’s some playground bullshit, right? I’ve said to him it wouldn’t be me wiping my entire save for something that’s probably a myth. It is a load of shite, yeah? Just wanna say to him that a bunch of elite Pokemon trainers from the Legendary land of Rllmuk have provided me with the absolute truth on this one.

It IS playground crap. You're only getting the standard 1 starter, and will need to trade for the others. I think they might be gettable with the island scan thing, too, but that code is basically another truck Mew.

• Upvote 1