Goose

The Brothers Grimsby - Sacha Baron Cohen - Mark Strong

This is making quite the comeback isn't it? as a huge fan of SBC I ignored Dictator and this due to some level of snobbery ("He's sold out and making normal films!') but this film is actually really entertaining and full of great gags. Heard a few people praise it recently, think because it appeared on netflix UK recently. Tempted to go and watch Dictator but it sounds like it's nowhere near as good according to the post above. 

The only negative thing I think are the cheap fat shaming jokes (especially towards women) in this. 

• Empathy 1

Funny as fuck, this.  There's some right sour-faced cunts reviewing it on Rotten Tomatoes, that's for sure.  It's far funnier than 90% of the usual American shite that passes as comedy these days.

I thoroughly enjoyed this all the way through, but 

Spoiler

I properly fell apart when he got the gun near the end. Might be the hardest I've laughed at anything in years.

It's very lowbrow, but there's not really anything wrong with that, and it does it very well.

13 minutes ago, monkeydog said:

I grew up in Grimsby. It's awful.  Will I be satisfied with how it's portrayed in the film?

Well,

A number of residents of Grimsby were upset with Baron Cohen for negative stereotypes portraying their town as a rubbish-strewn, violent ghetto in which drunks urinate from windows and mothers hand children cans of beer in the street.

And it seems Grimsby bits were actually filmed in Tilbury.

The wife and I watched this last night and found it pretty good. Almost every joke made us laugh. My favourite joke was the post credits shooting one.

That elephant scene though, fucking hell!