kernow

Ghost?

It's all great.

He Is makes me want to sell my soul to Satan.

Mummy Dust wants makes me want to sell my soul to Satan... in a space-rock opera.

This album better make it in to Rock Band 4 :)

Yeeeessss that's it, embrace Satanism! :twisted:

They're all the rage in the Metal thread and I have a friend who owns some very nice looking limited edition vinyl from them (I don't know how that fact helps you but there you go!).

Their latest album is kind of amazing really.

The latest album is very awesome. I'm not really a metal fan so didn't listen to them for ages despite my mate's determination to make me do so - was wonderful to find that they're so much more listenable than I had expected from their gimmick.

Will be seeing them in December, should be interesting, not sure what to expect of their live show at all really!

Saw them last night in Leeds it was incredible, such effortless style. Papa had a bit of a meltdown early on which was worrying but he recovered well and killed it. Besotted with this band, just totally in love.

I'm seeing them on Monday 21st. Have listened to Ghost 150+ times in the last few days according to my Last.fm profile.

The original of If You Have Ghosts is well worth checking out - it's really pained Country psych-rock/garage song with some great, urgent vocals. I love the cover, but it's really easy to hear Grohl's influence on the cover, which kind of dilutes Ghost's style a bit. You can just as easily imagine it being a FF cover.

Yes and they will play it well. Probably my favourite song on their set. They were tremendous on Friday, I got a recording of a couple of songs including Ritual - with a tall headed cunt in front of me.

I was very impressed by how clear and crisp their sound was, the ABC has very good acoustics but a lot of heavier gigs I have been to in general are often plagued by overly-loud unclear sound with the vocals lost in the mix. Not this one.

The Papa is a really engaging frontman.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The band were great, though the crowd were utter cunts - no-one was moving, let alone engaging, I was had a go at for bumping into someone (the cunt had a Dragonforce shirt on, I was livid) and then I got repeatedly shoved, pushed and was kicked in the legs as I was trying to *leave* the mosh pit. Fuck you, London.

I was so angry I ended up power drinking and was blackout drunk around 2/3 of the way into their set.

:(

The band were great, though the crowd were utter cunts - no-one was moving, let alone engaging, I was had a go at for bumping into someone (the cunt had a Dragonforce shirt on, I was livid) and then I got repeatedly shoved, pushed and was kicked in the legs as I was trying to *leave* the mosh pit. Fuck you, London.

I was so angry I ended up power drinking and was blackout drunk around 2/3 of the way into their set.

:(

From the other perspective it is the people who try to start pits that put me off gigs. There is always that pissed guy without a top on ramming into people, spilling their drinks and then everyone starts pushing them back because they are just being annoying. When I go to gigs I want to watch the band, not my balance. I enjoyed pits when I first started going to gigs when I was about 14 but as an adult I enjoy the music more when I try to listen to it, plus Ghost aren't really a pit band.
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah they're more of a singalong band tbh. That saod as long as the pit keeps itself to itself and the venue security are doing their job properly they are welcome, have been at gigs in tiny venues with minimal stewarding where it isn't really approproate though and can be a bit distressing for some people to get caught up on the edge of. As I am small and past 30 these days I tend to find any raised areas at the back or sides so I can see properly, even though that tends to mean one ends up surrounded by the quiet motionless types, haha.

Crowd were pretty good at the Glasgow gig fwiw. But rock music in all its forms is for old fuckers over 30 these days anyway.

I wasn't expecting or trying to start a circle pit or anything but a bit of dancing or even a raised hand and a singalong wouldn't have gone amiss.

I'm thinking of going to their show at the Palladium in March so I can watch them properly, even if it is almost £40.

Edit: to clarify my above post by 'mosh pit' I meant the bit closest to the band on the floor. There was zero movement let alone a mosh.

I'm thinking of going to their show at the Palladium in March so I can watch them properly, even if it is almost £40.

I've got tickets for this, psyched to see them live after playing Meliora to death. Best band on the planet right now.

Can't remember who said it, but a member of a band suggested that the pit should be at the back of the venue, and front of stage reserved for people who want to, y'know, actually watch and listen to the band. Makes perfect sense to me.

Discovered them via the 2015 album of the year thread. Very good, like them a lot.

Discovered them via the 2015 album of the year thread. Very good, like them a lot.

• Upvote 1