rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

haven't seen any today but there were loads around yesterday (I've got 203 candy and only walked it for 9km). Maybe weather related.

who out of the new mons are actually useful for the fighting?

All the new raids except for Swablu (may aswell evolve a good one given the cost) and the new Legendary are pointless.. Who the fuck wants another Piloswine?

Piloswine is good for Rayquaza raiding and evolves into (apparently) the best Ice pokemon in any generation in Gen 4.

I think, for all the games obvious faults, the choice of raid pokemon makes sense. Various Ice types for the current Dragon/Flying legendary, and Swablu and Wailmer for the massive candy costs. Sure there's still the problem that really people only ever concentrate on the current legendary. But still, you can kind of see what they're aiming for.

The problem with raids (IMO) is the 3-4*.

1-2* are easily soloable, but 3-4- (mostly, not all the 3s) need a few of you.

But it's hard to organise a team to meet when people are normally focusing on the 5*

3 hours ago, Hexx said:

The problem with raids (IMO) is the 3-4*.

1-2* are easily soloable, but 3-4- (mostly, not all the 3s) need a few of you.

But it's hard to organise a team to meet when people are normally focusing on the 5*

All of the current 3s are really easy. Even the 4s at the moment can be done with 2 or 3 (aggron). I think the choice of raid bosses is spot on myself, for the reasons John0 makes above.

Finally caught a Loltoad worthy of being evolved. hurrah!

Still need  'amazing' Ralts, Baltoy, Shroomish & Carvanha from the last lot. Loads of candy for all of them but no good mons.

2 hours ago, Naieve said:

Finally caught a Loltoad worthy of being evolved. hurrah!

Still need  'amazing' Ralts, Baltoy, Shroomish & Carvanha from the last lot. Loads of candy for all of them but no good mons.

My general rule is that i wont evolve a 'premier' pokemon until i have enough candy to evolve 2 of them. In the case of ralts, i made it to 250 candy and decided to evolve my level 33 9 attack iv one. I also usually go for the one that will have the highest attack stat when evolved, regardless of IVs. Calcyiv has got a great feature for this. The reason for this is that i wont spend stardust on 99% of pokemon so i go for the one that wil have the highest attack.

Exceptions include pokemon that i already have loads of and those that evolve in later generations and thoae that i will spend dust on.

31 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Did I miss a 'mon that was only available through a gen 4 raid that's finished now? :S

Nope, you're still good (though this is Gen 3 by the way :)). Absol and Mawile can still be found in raids, and everything else can be got in the wild (legendaries excepted).

Though this is the last day of Kyogre, I believe, if that's what you meant.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, superstarbeejay said:

My general rule is that i wont evolve a 'premier' pokemon until i have enough candy to evolve 2 of them. In the case of ralts, i made it to 250 candy and decided to evolve my level 33 9 attack iv one. I also usually go for the one that will have the highest attack stat when evolved, regardless of IVs. Calcyiv has got a great feature for this. The reason for this is that i wont spend stardust on 99% of pokemon so i go for the one that wil have the highest attack.

Exceptions include pokemon that i already have loads of and those that evolve in later generations and thoae that i will spend dust on.

Yeah I do this too, ever since Gen 1 where I ended up with a bunch of Level 20 high IV pokemon that I couldn't afford to use stardust on and were useless for raids or attacking or anything, other than being trophies. If I think a species is worthy of stardust I'll go with IV, but for everything else I'll just take the highest CP. Worrying about having 100%s of everything seems way to stressful.

Just now, John0 said:

Nope, you're still good (though this is Gen 3 by the way :)). Absol and Mawile can still be found in raids, and everything else can be got in the wild (legendaries excepted).

Though this is the last day of Kyogre, I believe, if that's what you meant.

Crap, yeah, I had 4 from the raid level in my head, and typed it twice. 

It was Absol I was thinking about, not sure why I thought it was finished.  Thanks :)

I managed to get 2 Kyogre (I have at least 4 of the other legendary 'mons) I'd like some more, but local raid group have mostly moved on.  Might try to make the effort for another tonight.

I haven't got Kyogre on my 2nd account, but, having now played it up to level 31, I'm not sure I can be bothered continuing with 2 accounts.  My main reasoning was to get through the stale portion when it was just legendary bird raid after bird raid with nothing else new.  It was nice to start again with Gen 2 available at the time and see that old silhouette appear.  It also helped me to do some of the level 2 / 3 raids on my own, or with my wife, when no one else was interested.  

Of course, I have shiny new gen 3 silhouettes on my main account now, so it's redundant and feels like a chore.

IV wise, I haven't even gone to the level of looking at the attack stat, I just look for decent IV (80+) and go with it, unless it's a Pokemon which is useful in raids / gyms / takes 400 where I take more care.  My best (and equal second best) Tyranitar for example, is 89% IV.  I have a dozen of them, 11 from raids, 1 evolved.  I figured that after catching 11 at raids, if the best I have is 89%, then so be it!

So in addition to Legendaries, they are now restricting other Pokémon to raids only, that’s bullshit. 

Just now, ph0rce said:

So in addition to Legendaries, they are now restricting other Pokémon to raids only, that’s bullshit. 

It is yeah, kinda. Especially the level 4 Absol which you can't solo. You have to be super lucky to find people to do Absol raids with you, even in the big discord/whatsapp groups in the cities. But I expect they'll make them available via another means eventually. As much as Niantic love money grabbing schemes, they do tend to give most pokemon a period of popular spawns or hatches eventually.

Our community loves Absol raids due to the shiny. Still don't get many done simply because travelling to do that seems a little extreme (for them, not me).

In a medium sized town (Woking) the vast majority of things are driven to so it can be hard to get people to head all the way across town for it sometimes.

But I'm extremely lucky to have a very active community. 200 people in a WhatsApp group gets stuff done. Prob at least 5-10 legendaries done per weekend day and maybe 3-5 on a weekday. Even managed a triple legendary set one day after work last week!

Screenshot_2018-02-14-07-54-33-491_com.n

Screenshot_2018-02-14-07-54-53-985_com.n

Screenshot_2018-02-14-07-46-13-759_com.n

Screenshot_2018-02-14-08-09-46-586_com.n

Raided/hatched the above in the last 7 days!  Then I participate in a random Mawile Raid outside work this morning and it's a shiny! 

Screenshot_2018-02-14-07-53-48-964_com.n

The Poke-gods are being very kind to me recently!

12 hours ago, Naieve said:

Bumfish everywhere

Up until today, I never had one.  I'd seen 2, both ran.  On my 30 minute commute - half driving with auto catch Gotcha, half walking, I have 15 - and not a Chansey to be seen :(

(there is 3x stardust for Chansey too in case someone missed that)

9 minutes ago, Freeman said:

Up until today, I never had one.  I'd seen 2, both ran.  On my 30 minute commute - half driving with auto catch Gotcha, half walking, I have 15 - and not a Chansey to be seen :(

(there is 3x stardust for Chansey too in case someone missed that)

Yeah, where the fuck are all the Chanseys? This happened last Valentines too!  Why promise me Chanseys and give me one that looks and sounds like a sex toy?

• Upvote 1

I've never seen a wild Chansey, not once

That windchime pokemon is ridiculous. One of that new weather specific mon with the different body types looks like a teru teru bozo which is pretty fun.

There was (according to Facebook group and Pokehuntr) a Chansy near Cheltenham/Gloucester last night

Off in the middle of a field, in rain/sleet at 11pm :lol:

• Upvote 1

On 14/02/2018 at 11:50, Naieve said:

I've never seen a wild Chansey, not once

That windchime pokemon is ridiculous. One of that new weather specific mon with the different body types looks like a teru teru bozo which is pretty fun.

At the very start of last years VD event - as in 8pm on the dot - I saw the shadow of a Chansey at a Pokestop half a mile away, so assumed this meant they’d be everywhere and didn’t bother going after it. Of course, I’ve never seen a hint of another!

Over 300 bumfish clicked. No shiny. I did find a shiny Magicarp whilst searching last night. Never been so angry at a shiny (I've already had 4 magikarp and 2 Garys)

I realise the above makes me sound like a spoilt brat. But i couldn't stop laughing at it last night around midnight when it happen. Non stop luvdisc searching and one random magiakrp

Decent day for Pokemon go. Got my first Absol from a raid. Then caught my first Rayquaza from another raid - third Rayquaza raid I've done and managed to catch the stupid big plastic snake this time, first ball nonetheless. Only 87% but just glad to have it. 

Also hatched a 95% Lotad and am over a quarter of the way to getting enough Swablu candy to evolve one - once I've got one worth evolving. 

8 hours ago, Naieve said:

I'm at 327 candy and still don't have a good one *panic*

Have you been doing Swablu raids? I've not done any but was assuming/hoping it'd be easy to get a good one that way. That not the case then?