rllmuk
rgraves

Pokemon Go

11 hours ago, hebejebe said:

Have they stopped giving revives out at Pokestops? I haven’t got one in weeks.

I was going to ask the same thing, only about potions!

yeah I can see one potion from a stop this morning but no revives. Do gyms give them?

In other news the latest update fixes auto-catch for Gotcha but has introduced an annoying bug where it takes you back up to the very top whenever you delete mons or if you select and then unselect one. it's a PITA.

11 hours ago, Naieve said:

more 'mons added and some new gyms (possible stolen from dekay) round my way. hurrah

all my gyms came back after my ban.

Christmas shopping today took a lot longer than usual due to stopping to catch Pokemon every couple of minutes. Was mad. Sadly no one was around for the Groudon raid I found :(

I think Feebas is the only one at the moment. Seems a bit weird to walk a fish but I guess it's already weird to cram animals into balls and make them fight each other for sport.

dasdsadas.thumb.jpg.c7e0500ec028902d100b592500a15bf2.jpg

Still having crap luck at Groudon raids. Beat 5 and only caught 1, and it's only 'Strong'

• Upvote 1

No more Pokemon Go for me. Oh well.

https://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/iphone5discontinuedsupport

Pokémon GO to discontinue support on Apple devices that are not capable of upgrading to iOS 11

Trainers,

In an upcoming update to Pokémon GO, we will end support for Apple devices not capable of upgrading to iOS 11, such as iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c models. This change is a result of improvements to Pokémon GO that push the application beyond the capabilities of the operating systems on such devices. This change will take effect on 02/28/2018. After that date, Trainers using affected devices may no longer be able to access their Pokémon GO accounts from that device, or use their PokéCoins or other items in their Bags. They will need to switch to a supported device to continue playing Pokémon GO. You can see the full list of impacted devices and learn more by visiting our Help Center.

—The Pokémon GO team

They've probably got some stats somewhere that shows there's only a tiny minority of people still on iOS 11 incapable devices, or have found there's a way of using an iOS 10 device to subvert the system or something, but it's still shit.

Some of us can't upgrade to a new phone or OS.

Luckily, I've never paid anything for the game. I'd be pretty fucked off if I had, and would be aiming for a refund.

There's a legal case in France at the moment looking at forced obsolescence which might have an impact here.

I've not done any iOS development, but presumably it's to stop the need for them to simultaneously maintain 3 versions of the game - iOS 11+, iOS  11- and Android.

The new features in 11 are probably cool, I never even bothered to try them.  Android doesn't support them either.

I stopped playing PoGo last year when I came down with flu over Christmas and couldn't get out of the house.  Lost my daily streaks for the first time, and after the new year, when I started work again, actually felt better not feeling the need to change my routines and go out of my way to play it.  I guess it was more of a burden than I thought.

With that said, my walk into work feels dull again, so I loaded it up this morning, though I tried playing more with the go plus than on the phone, checking the phone only at the 2 bits where more 'mon spawn.  I wonder if there is a balance to be found in there somewhere.  I think someone mentioned the gotcha is working again, so maybe I need to get it connected to my iPhone again to ensure my bag has balls in it, then just play when I'm out and about rather than specifically going out to play..

Or just stop completely.  Seems such a waste after all the time that went in and enjoyment I got in the earlier days..

• Upvote 1

The streaks thing does kind of both make and break it. Before they were a thing I’d only fire it up a couple of times a week at most, when I was naturally near a Pokestop. Now I got out of my way to maintain the streak (nearest Pokestop to home is a 20 minute round trip) but on the rare day I do miss one I relish the “freedom” for a few days before starting up again!

It does seem counterproductive to not support an OS that only got replaced in the last few months.

Especially with a game that's going to appeal to the kind of people who often have hand me down phones.