And

Lego build competition - September

Thread to post entries for the September Lego competition.

Yeah, end of September seems a fair enough deadline. I'd be wary about making it a regular thing, though, I know it's not a lot of money but the cost may put people off if they're buying Lego sets they don't really want every month or other month.

Maybe just do them now and then when a really good bargain comes around, or with a set that loads of people are planning to buy/own to be as inclusive as possible. Guess it makes sense to just see how this first one goes before worrying about what comes next!

Anyway, as basic rules, you must obtain set 31023 (£9.97 at Asda), and make whatever you want using only the parts from that set. You can use as many or as few parts as you like, but your entry has to be a model that someone who only owns that single set would be able to build. Enter as many things as you like! Then we'll all choose our favourite model and the one with the most votes will be made into an official Lego set*

If you don't want to buy the set but happen to have some Lego around, this is the part list from 31023, so you can maybe cobble something together.

8I46vMS.jpg

I think that's all we need as rules go! If you want to go wild and make something with this set using all kinds of extra parts just for fun, feel free, just mention it so we know not to include it in the voting!

(*it will not be made into an official Lego set)

• Upvote 5

Cheers. It would have been nice to get all the joints moving but I just couldn't find a way to do it. I tried all sorts! It took me long enough playing with the angles to get it to just stand firmly. Interested to see yours (I'll show you mine....etc.).

:D He is the chosen one after all!

I have one of those canopy bits off the actual one I could have dug out of the box for a comparison. I wish I'd thought of that before dismantling that one. Bu, Oh well.

The current set is pretty nice and quite cheap (i paid about £15 for it )

prod_product_main_retina_1224x688_75038.

I may as well sling the super-deformed space laser scorpion death truck (with trailer) in here as well. Wifey returns tomorrow so I might not get anything else built, although I fully inted to try a couple more yet! So yeah, super-deformed space laser scorpion death truck, robotic arm for picking up chunks of dead enemies and putting them in the trailer. Lights all around for safety, of course. Fully licensed for the road, too.

post-10858-0-53943100-1441728184_thumb.j

post-10858-0-66194500-1441728191_thumb.j

post-10858-0-74732200-1441728198_thumb.j

• Upvote 8

Picking up £20 worth of Lego for £10 was enough incentive for me to give this a go. I'm usually an Emmet with Lego and only build sets following the instructions, so this is my first real attempt at a MOC.

I really enjoyed the challenge of trying to make the most of the limited parts selection and I've become quite attached to this little guy in the time I've spent putting him together.

muffit1.jpg

Why can't I quote showing your pic too?

Didn't get a minifigure in my set

Sorry, that's a figure I was using to make sure the sizes were correct. Should have taken it out before taking the photos.

Right, I told you I'd end up building a dinosaur. Pretty pleased with it, considering it only took 30 mins and my 3 year old was constantly trying to add stuff to it and asking when it was finished.

Unfortunately it's top heavy so it won't stand up on its own 😒

c1f6850fb69b2ddf7d3dbdd8d17aa8ba.jpg96e399b332d8de211bd7ceda6895ab90.jpg

d2f22859a248ef1441748e302b205200.jpg

• Upvote 5

Wow, there's some awesome builds in here, absolutely love the level of engineering that's gone into the dinosaur and the gorilla (?)!!

Ive been trying to work on a Thrust-esque jet car. I really liked how the helicopters jet things were built and used a modification of those as my starting point, there's still alot of work to go into it though

So here's my first contribution to the thread, I have at least one other idea that I want to attempt. Not hugely happy with the quality of this build, had to make a couple of compromises that meant it was far longer than I wanted it to be purely to prevent the chassis from collapsing on itself and to make sure it wasn't sat completely flush with the ground. The engine pods are also a bit fragile.

Also, ignore my ridiculously old TV and battered TV unit...

7yeIppO.jpg

3lQZgN3.jpg

I used the little spanner things as steering yolks

5EEANRp.jpg

• Upvote 6

Ok, I've built a base and borrowed a pole and two end bits from another set just to show it off properly.

The engines and attack wings move up and down and the radar on the underside rotates.

I'm pretty impressed with myself that i can still build these things without plans. it brings back happy memories of weekends buried in a box of lego making space stations and and monsters.

21376538859_be80169ca9_b.jpg

Final phase. I shall stop tinkering now. by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

21572201201_980cf37c66_b.jpg

21563429625_5fac25602b_b.jpg

21375320890_0b3a687df9_b.jpg

Final phase. I shall stop tinkering now.

by julian bowdidge, on Flickr

21375525238_9eac9617ae_b.jpg

21572156781_52d059c740_b.jpg

• Upvote 9