Resident Evil 2 Remake - no spoilers pls

10 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

I’m finding the dogs a challenge. I can’t shoot them as I don’t have enough ammunition. Trying to run past them is losing me lots of health items (like 2 full health items). Is it better to weave or just run as fast as I can and hope for the best?

I find weaving really helps, they only nosh me once on average rather than 2 or 3 times. Still a pain though, and hard to hit as you said. 

I just found out one of Leon’s alternate outfits is a Walking Dead style sherrif’s uniform. Very fucking cool. 

Making steady progress on this now, and the ammo situation has improved since I’ve given up on trying to kill every zombie/dog I meet. 

Also, at the start of the sewers.... 

Spoiler

I didn’t know you switched to controlling Ada at any point - that was a nice surprise/twist which I didn’t know was coming 

• Upvote 1

Finished Claire B tonight. The b gane is much more tense due to Mr x and extra enemies. Loved the fact I visited areas of the original ( basketball court , bus etc ) as I thought they had skipped those.

Not quite sure I'm in a massive rush to replay though. I'll give this fourth survivor ago soon. Quality game!

• Upvote 1
On 03/02/2019 at 10:52, Monkeyspill said:

I’m finding the dogs a challenge. I can’t shoot them as I don’t have enough ammunition. Trying to run past them is losing me lots of health items (like 2 full health items). Is it better to weave or just run as fast as I can and hope for the best?

In the 4th Survivor, I learned that dogs really, really hate flashbangs. They can't get up for absolutely ages.

Just completed Claire's 2nd run. Outstanding stuff.

Resi 2 was my game of the PS1 generation and this looks set to do the same for the current gen. I seriously couldn't have wished for a better remodelling of the original. 

• Upvote 3

I’m still doing Leon A, haven’t even done Claire’s story yet. Currently in the sewers. I honestly don’t remember this big sewer section from the original.

Anyhoo, it’s possibly taking me longer because I seem to be more of a scaredy cat in my advancing years. If it’s two hours before I go to bed I don’t put the game on. Played it just before bed a few days ago and ended up dreaming that my brother got killed and then came back as a zombie! :wacko:

• Upvote 1

I think I saw Tyrant in the police station for about 10 seconds of my Leon B playthrough. Apparently his appearance depends on when you pass through a certain area which was the one area I coincidentally left until the very end. Bit anti-climatic! 

They really speed up progress on the B run don't they?

I'm loving the running around figuring out stuff; what goes where and how do I get more ammo, that code, key-item or gun that's locked away??  I've realised I've missed this element of Resi a lot since they pretty much abandoned it completely after 3.

When I die before saving having done a ton of stuff, I then have to do it again, but now I can't quite remember where everything is and so get an entirely different path of gameplay.

Brilliant.

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

I'm loving the running around figuring out stuff; what goes where and how do I get more ammo, that code, key-item or gun that's locked away??  I've realised I've missed this element of Resi a lot since they pretty much abandoned it completely after 3.

Code Veronica still had this in spades. I hope that will get a remake like this at some point. Objectively it's not the best Resi but it is a game I have very fond memories of :wub:.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Monkeyboy said:

I’m still doing Leon A, haven’t even done Claire’s story yet. Currently in the sewers. I honestly don’t remember this big sewer section from the original.

The sewers were really just a brief connecting bridge in the original, not the full fat middle-section of the remake. I’d say the decision to expand it is a bit of a misstep; it’s dreary and uninteresting to explore compared to the station. 

The original game got this right, with the interlude being the guardhouse, which was  just as interesting to navigate as the mansion. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

With RE3 and CV they have greater freedom to totally re-imagine and change content, and they’ll need to. CV does not hold up well.

You're probably right, it's been a long time since I played it. I'd be fine with them changing it, the team that did the remake of 2 clearly know how to make a good RE game.

17 minutes ago, deerokus said:

A 3 remake would hopefully expand on the branching path concept. That's a good game that in retrospect suffered because it was quite obviously conceived as an expansion rather than a sequel 

Yeah I wonder if things would be different in the series if they'd just called it Nemesis and called CV Resi 3. Its much more of a sequel to Resi 2 than Nemesis.

"Stretch Armstrong",

:lol:

Bandersnatch was it?

I remember the magazines at the time went mental over it. The zombies had visible damage etc. I bought a dreamcast for it, and I enjoyed it. But it was just a bit, erm, off in places. Resi 4 seemed like the game they wanted Code V to be. At least when it came to enemies and all that. 

Resi 3 was brilliant, and I'm hoping the (kind of) lack of 

Spoiler

Open city parts,

in Resi 2 are because they will go all out in the 3 remake. 

Mr X in this, seems more like Nemesis was is 3. So, Nemesis in 3-redux will probably be brown trouser material from start to finish. Can't wait. 

• Upvote 1

Claire A hardcore done! I was quite worried that they’d fudge the balance but actually I’d say they nailed it: just enough resources to scrape by, and the ink ribbons work in just the way they always did, rather than being a token inclusion.

Imagining Leon B is already making me break out in a sweat...

• Upvote 1