SMD

Final Fantasy XII remake/remaster/rerelease/re-record not fade away?

According to Twitter according to GAF:

TsXnO5E.png

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1088670

I'm all in for this if true, FFXII was the game that broke my original PS2 so I didn't get far and I enjoyed it a lot more than FF13. PS4 and Vita, please.

Eurogamer Article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-03-looks-like-final-fantasy-12-hd-remaster-is-real

Final Fantasy 12 looks set for the high definition remaster treatment.

Arnie Roth, the conductor for a Final Fantasy Distant Worlds concert held in Pittsburgh, mentioned the word "remake" at the event (check out the slip in the video, below). We suspect Square Enix isn't giving Final Fantasy 12 the full-on remake treatment it's giving to Final Fantasy 7, rather a HD Remaster lick of paint, as it did with Final Fantasy 10 and Final Fantasy 10-2.That's according to conductor Arnie Roth, who breathed word of a Final Fantasy 12 "remake" at an event in the US held over the weekend. Whoops!

Rob Fahey reviewed Final Fantasy 12 for Eurogamer all those years ago, awarding it a 10.

"It's not hard to see us looking back in five years time and seeing FFXII as a pivotal, changing moment in how RPGs are designed; a game which drew on the experience of Final Fantasy's branches into tactical strategy and massively multiplayer, as well as on the more mature storytelling of other mediums, and folded it back into the number series, to wonderful result," he wrote.

"Fans will, of course, debate the merits of Final Fantasy XII for a long time - but our own experience with this game fully justifies giving it the highest accolade we can award."

UPDATE: The composer who let slip Square Enix is working on a Final Fantasy 12 "remake" has issued a statement saying the term was used "in error".

Over the weekend Arnie Roth set tongues wagging when he said the words "Final Fantasy 12" and "remake" with the same breath during the Distant Worlds: Final Fantasy concert. We took that to mean Square Enix is making a HD Remaster, as it has done with Final Fantasy 10 / 10-2 - not a full-blown remake.

Here's the statement, just published to the Distant Worlds Facebook page:

• Dear friends,
  • In response to comments posted by fans, I want to rectify a statement made from the stage Saturday night at our Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy concert in Pittsburgh.
  • Following conversations with composer Hitoshi Sakimoto regarding new concert arrangements of music from Final Fantasy 12, regrettably, the term "remake" was used in error during one of the announcements that took place from the stage during the concert.
  • We sincerely regret any confusion this has caused.
  • Arnie Roth
  • Producer and Music Director
  • Distant Worlds: music from Final Fantasy

Of course, Roth's statement fails to pour cold water on the suggestion Square Enix is making a HD Remaster of Final Fantasy 12. We'll have to wait and see!

• Upvote 4

I failed to understand FFXII. Bought it full price, and gave it away after a handful of hours. The fighting confused me loads. Looking forward to a remake/remaster.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fran-tastic! There is such a mystique around this for me. The trailers and reviews got me super excited for it, then I got to play my flat mates copy for an achingly short time before we parted ways. I was totally into it and would love a chance to play it through properly!

• Upvote 1

I hope there is still enough life left in the Vita when this comes out that release it on there as well. They might look better on the PS2/PS4 but I've found the X/X-2 HD versions much better to play on the portable system.

• Upvote 1

A few months ago I started replaying the English International edition, emulated on PC. I'd just be happy with an upscaled, proper release of that, thanks.

Finally! Probably the last big game of the PS2 era that I've been waiting on. (OK, Timesplitters too, but that's more likely to get a sequel one day than an actual remake).

If they give it the same treatment as they did X/X-2 - no significant changes, general tidy-up, preferably a Vita version - I'll be delighted.

My favourite in the series. Hope the remaster is on PS4/Vita.

I wish the main series had followed the template in this. XIV has alot of XII in it but XV doesn't seem to be doing the same thing judging from the demo.

I was all set to start a run on an emulator, but a proper remaster would be superb. I never finished it at the time, mainly because it looked awful on the HDTV I had.

Easily my favourite PS2 game, if not one of my favourite games ever. As has been said, don't touch the gameplay and systems, they were pretty much spot on. PS4 definitely please.

I failed to understand FFXII. Bought it full price, and gave it away after a handful of hours. The fighting confused me loads. Looking forward to a remake/remaster.

I was the same, played a few hours and didn't really get it so shelved it. Then I went back to it and left the story alone for a while and spent some time hunting and exploring and pretty soon the combat had clicked and I fucking adore this game now.

• Upvote 1

This is great news! Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to this a lot more than FFXV?

Not at all, absolutely love so much about XII.

Hope they do tweak the combat in some way but doubt thats a realistic possibility...

Yep, I hated it.

The battles were terrible, I totally loved the story, characters and art direction of it though, I just couldn't get on with the stupid play mechanics, also paid full price and still have it to this day though, just gutted it was such a departure from FF X in it's battle style.

And yes, I know I am in the minority of not liking the game, but I just prefered it the way it was before.....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1