rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mentazm

Darkest Dungeon

I seem to have picked up a bug with how stun works on my switch save file. Instead of making the enemies (or my party) miss a turn it just gives the usual visual effect but the stunned character or monster just carries on as normal. Needless to say it's making an already tough game very much tougher so might result in me having to start a new save file :(

If you are struggling for money then the Antiquarian or whatever he’s called is your best bet. Look for a medium/long low level mission without a boss, get a new Antiquarian in, three level 1-2s with him and just concentrate on loot. Bin him off after the run. You can clear 20K profit for a single run that way if you are lucky.

Why does the antiquarian help?  Does that class give you more slots for loot or just up your chances of finding it?  I don't think I've ever used one!

Antiquarian increase stack size for loot.  For instance, a stack of gold will top out at 1750, but with an Antiquarian in your party it increases to 2500.  I think it also allows specific curios to drop which are other items that sell for gold, that won't appear without an antiquarian.

• Upvote 1

It does, make sure the Antiquarian loots all curios. Drops a special item that sells for 500 gold, and a rated version you get 1200 odd for.

• Upvote 1

Started a fresh run on this and am loving it. Got all the DLC , but honestly the Courtyard just pissed me off, I burned a couple of groups on it discarded them and havent been back yet.

Admittedly I lost interest last time when I reached the actual Darkest Dungeons, but I am revelling in building up my heros at the moment. 

Lost all my money at one point but have made it back and my main squad is just hitting level 5 and have two low level groups on the go.

It's got me hooked again... where it hurts.

Bought this tonight for the Switch, having never got around to playing it before.

It's brilliant. Absolutely fantastic. Easily the best game of the type ever made.

Its utter genius is badly marred, however, by the single worst control scheme I've ever encountered in any game. EVER.

Seems like Red Hook decided they had to use every single button on the device, whether it made sense to or not. It's not too bad on the actual expeditions (though definitely not good), but in the Hamlet I just can't get the controls to click. I've been playing all night and I still can't get used to them. The studio clearly doesn't have a UX or UI designer.

Yeah I'm properly hooked on the PS4 version at the moment, I just love the synergy between the different heros, and when you hit on a great combo team for a dungeon type it feels so good. The game always keeps you on it's toes with it's enemy composition, and unexpected events and I really like that on harder difficulties in the dungeons, new enemy types start popping up.

It's a great game, I've had many hours out of it. No idea how much it is now but for the £6 I paid for it, it's been quite the bargain.