rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Grabbing SF on price drop - the only thing that matters in 1 vs 1 vs mode, old graphics.

Special stage where never in SSF2T ive been told and not in this one - not that I would know as ill be playing it VS :D

just need KoF 96 and Samurai Showdown (one) and ill be happy!

10 minutes ago, shynra said:

just need KoF 96 and Samurai Showdown (one) and ill be happy!

You don't prefer SamSho2?

I only need Fatal Fury Special and SamSho2 and I'm fixed, now.

52 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I figure if I want to play something that uses the sticks and shoulder buttons I already have about three other options. I think I'll regret not having a SNES-shaped pad more.

I am 100% with you until I think about using the pad for Mario Kart etc, having the analogue sticks and 2 shoulder buttons would make it a great pad to take with you instead of pro pad!

Can the pads maintain connections with various devices or do you have to keep syncing them if you move from say a switch to mobile to tablet etc?

3 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I am 100% with you until I think about using the pad for Mario Kart etc, having the analogue sticks and 2 shoulder buttons would make it a great pad to take with you instead of pro pad!

D-Pad all the way for me ^_^ That's how I played it on the Wii U:

IMG_2709.thumb.JPG.0af2158770050739a6ea224d491dcf50.JPG

• Upvote 5

Thats not a bad point, I guess I meant for other games - while I really like the Joy Con on their own they do need the straps on IMO to be comfortable and I dont like the dog pad much.

As if I need more pads for the Switch, let alone the Nintendo basket of controller doom!!

The 8-bit-do pads have a mode select when you turn them on with the start button. 

Start only - Android mode

Start + X - Windows x-input

Start + A - Mac

Start + Y - Switch

The SNES pad without analogs is pure class, I've had it for six months and use it all the time. Feels like the real thing. The Switch firmware has just elevated it further for me.  And, they even do a SNES Bluetooth adaptor for using it with your old console. Most compatible pad I've ever owned!

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, easternheath said:

The 8-bit-do pads have a mode select when you turn them on with the start button. 

Start only - Android mode

Start + X - Windows x-input

Start + A - Mac

Start + Y - Switch

The SNES pad without analogs is pure class, I've had it for six months and use it all the time. Feels like the real thing. The Switch firmware has just elevated it further for me.  And, they even do a SNES Bluetooth adaptor for using it with your old console. Most compatible pad I've ever owned!

That's incredible. I'm glad it feels like a real one, the D-Pad and buttons on my classic controller are wonderful. Shame there's no MFI iOS support!

1 minute ago, Paulando said:

That's incredible. I'm glad it feels like a real one, the D-Pad and buttons on my classic controller are wonderful. Shame there's no MFI iOS support!

It works with iOS. MFI is just for lightning connectors - generic bluetooth controllers work fine. It also works with the Wii, Wii U and Retron 5.

3 minutes ago, Paulando said:

The previous firmware had an iCade mode which presumably worked with iOS, but they removed it to make room for the Switch firmware. It's still available as a legacy download if you want to try it though. 

OLDBANNER_416Switch-770x250-71aba4bc4f5d

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/launch-your-game-on-the-nintendo-switch-with-unreal-engine-4-16

Epic Games has teamed up with Nintendo to release the full Unreal Engine 4 source code for Nintendo Switch to approved developers for free! After launching experimental support for Nintendo Switch development in February’s Unreal Engine 4.15 release, Epic is proud to announce fully-featured native support for the popular platform in Unreal Engine 4.16.

New Nintendo Switch UE4 Development Board

A new Nintendo Switch discussion board, mentioned above, is now available for approved developers in the UE4 Forums. Please keep Nintendo Switch development-based discussions within this private section of the forums. Feel free to report any technical issues you may encounter here in order to benefit from community-based support.

I'd love to be able to read that board....

• Upvote 3

I didn't realise SF2 was a full price release. Next they'll be remastering Megaman Soccer and charge us £40 for it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

I hear the Pickford bros are porting Plok with a nostalgic RRP of £54.99...

Fuck Plok. I want Naked War.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, GMass said:

Any word on the virtual console?

NINTENDO

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, GMass said:

Everything will be explained at E3. Please understand.

• Upvote 1

I keep on thinking it'll be part of the paid online service where you'll get a library of games to play with, then I remember what they mentioned when they announced the amazing benefits you'll get with their paid online offering i.e. One game per month. 

I don't think VC is coming. 

6 hours ago, rgraves said:

Fuck Plok. I want Naked War.

Did that ever come out on iOS? I read it was coming but can only see Magnetic Billiards on the App Store.

14 hours ago, GMass said:

Three words: BUY IT AGAIN

• Upvote 4

Seems like the public push is now fully on from Nintendo - they have Unreal where they want it, and now:

Let's hope this is the beginning of the end of all those folks who say they are trying to get content on the platform, but can't get access...

• Upvote 1

And for Samsung TV owners who are having problems with the Switch HDMI hand-shake thing:

"Samsung has been following the comments on our Community Thread and we will be issuing a Firmware update early this summer that will address this behavior and provide the level of convenience that was intended."

• Upvote 1

Nintendo are doing everything right so far. 

Hopefully this means they will announce the Virtual Console along with some old GameCube favourites. They are sitting on a goldmine. Give me portable F-Zero, Sunshine and Eternal Darkness plz. 

Or...

They will can it entirely. Thus restoring the balance. Because, Nintendo. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TheArtistGlyph said:

I LOVE my Switch!!! Been playing Mario Kart 8, and my next game will likely be Arms. Who else here is getting that? 

Excellent! ...and yes! I shall be getting Arms next month and I'd say a lot of people on here will be too! :D

56 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Oh, and Oceanhorn is close....

Whats this? Some kind of Zelda-like?