rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

I still refuse to believe that this is a thing that's actually happening. This is as good a hill to die on as any.

Hideous. I'm amazed Nintendo let Ubisoft get so close to their brand, let alone trash it like that. 

• Upvote 1

TURTLE SHELVES

SHELVES

Everyone involved in this project should be ashamed of themselves.

• Upvote 1

Anybody got any history of doing pre orders with the official Nintendo website? I've got Disgaea 5 on order and was curious whether it would arrive on release day or not. 

10 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

TURTLE SHELVES

SHELVES

Is it... is it because they're shelving the shells in favour of big sci-fi guns?

• Upvote 1

Those 8bitdo controllers look fucking amazing and I need one IMMEDIATELY. I would only use a SNES Classic Controller for Mario Kart 8 on the Wii and I was amazing with it.

I can't decide to go with a SNES30 or NES30 Pro though. They do mention that the SNES controller doesn't work with everything as it doesn't have sticks. Does anyone have one?

And how do the D-Pad and buttons compare to the official SNES pad? The GameCube Hori 'SNES' pad was well-regarded but the D-Pad was stiff as fuck and the buttons were rubbish.

Those 8bitdo controllers look fucking amazing and I need one IMMEDIATELY. I would only use a SNES Classic Controller for Mario Kart 8 on the Wii and I was amazing with it.

They do mention that the SNES controller doesn't work with everything though as it doesn't have sticks. Does anyone have one?

And how do the D-Pad and buttons compare to the official SNES pad? The GameCube Hori 'SNES' pad was well-regarded but the D-Pad was stiff as fuck and the buttons were rubbish.

44 minutes ago, Paulando said:

I can't decide to go with a SNES30 or NES30 Pro though. They do mention that the SNES controller doesn't work with everything as it doesn't have sticks. Does anyone have one?

Get an FC30 Pro.

4 hours ago, Alex W. said:

TURTLE SHELVES

SHELVES

Ashamed of themshelves, surely? ;)

• Upvote 5

I updated the firmware on my SFC30 and paired it with the Switch last night and fuck me, it's amazing! What a bonus!

Tetris, Shovel Knight and Neo Turf Masters all felt better to me with a Snes pad. Especially Tetris.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, easternheath said:

I updated the firmware on my SFC30 and paired it with the Switch last night and fuck me, it's amazing! What a bonus!

Tetris, Shovel Knight and Neo Turf Masters all felt better to me with a Snes pad. Especially Tetris.

Oooh, and they all work fine I guess?

Just now, Paulando said:

Oooh, and they all work fine I guess?

As far as the Switch is concerned, you just have a Pro controller connected.

8 minutes ago, deKay said:

As far as the Switch is concerned, you just have a Pro controller connected.

How does it compensate for the dual shoulder buttons?

Just now, g wings said:

The FC30 Pro and NES30 Pro both have dual shoulder buttons.

9 minutes ago, deKay said:

The FC30 Pro and NES30 Pro both have dual shoulder buttons.

Cool. Thanks. I assume the only difference between them is superficial...

Just looked on Amazon, do I need the wireless or bluetooth version?

1 minute ago, g wings said:

Cool. Thanks. I assume the only difference between them is superficial...

Well, the FC30 Pro is fucking awesome to look at and the NES30 Pro isn't, but yeah :)

Just now, deKay said:

Well, the FC30 Pro is fucking awesome to look at and the NES30 Pro isn't, but yeah :)

Lol. Fair call!

34 minutes ago, g wings said:

The SFC30 is just a straight SNES pad, so it's only good for single shoulder button games.

So no Zelda. But everything else I have seems great. Tetris and Shovel Knight are an absolute pleasure on it. 

Home button is mapped to down + select. 

36 minutes ago, g wings said:

Just looked on Amazon, do I need the wireless or bluetooth version?

There's only one version. They're all bluetooth.

44 minutes ago, easternheath said:

The SFC30 is just a straight SNES pad, so it's only good for single shoulder button games.

So no Zelda. But everything else I have seems great. Tetris and Shovel Knight are an absolute pleasure on it. 

Home button is mapped to down + select. 

Yeah, the lack of shoulder buttons and sticks was my only concern, but it seems this isn't an issue for any games I'd be interesting in playing with it. I already own an official Pro Controller, so don't feel like I necessarily need a NES30 Pro.

Where is the best place to buy one from? Amazon have them for £24.00, but are there any other UK suppliers?

1 hour ago, _Pow_ said:

I could go a couple of wee pads for the kids to use. We played some mario kart using single joy-cons and I didn't like them much at all.

I bought the steering wheels for the kids to use for Mario Kart and they work really well. Could also double up as a bigger frame to hold the joy cons for other games too. 

3 hours ago, Paulando said:

Yeah, the lack of shoulder buttons and sticks was my only concern, but it seems this isn't an issue for any games I'd be interesting in playing with it. I already own an official Pro Controller, so don't feel like I necessarily need a NES30 Pro.

Where is the best place to buy one from? Amazon have them for £24.00, but are there any other UK suppliers?

Seriously, just pay the £3 extra for a NES30 Pro. You'll regret not having a stick or shoulder buttons at some point.