Nintendo Switch

I was gonna pop in to make a joke about what ancient game everyone was excited about getting re-released on Switch and, well, I couldn’t have timed it better. £49.99?

Never change Switch thread. Stick drift in 3, 2, 1...

23 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I was gonna pop in to make a joke about what ancient game everyone was excited about getting re-released on Switch and, well, I couldn’t have timed it better. £49.99?

Never change Switch thread. Stick drift in 3, 2, 1...

Cool, what's the joke?

My Switch (a launch edition) is having a nightmare.  The charger no longer works, I have two pairs of Joy-Cons all with drift and the cartridge slot has stopped recognising certain games (they work in my Switch Lite).

Looks like I'm going to have to ship the entire lot back to Nintendo this week.  Boooo.

I didn't get much further past the second reactor on the PS4 Midgar game and that cost me more than all other combinations of these games combined.

Maybe i'm born with it, maybe it's 2020.

I bought the Ghostbusters game on Switch sale a week ago and haven't looked at it.

I just wanted to be the prick who wanders into a thread to 'stir it up a bit' for once. Never really done that before. It was mildly thrilling I suppose but I don't really see the appeal.

#socialexperiment etc.

I still think there are too many old games being sold for way too much though. There's just no reason for me to care or post about it really.

1 minute ago, Mallet said:

Is there a ‘best’ memory card for the Switch? Going to need to buy one soon.

No because whichever you buy will quickly be too small.

Any of the main brands should be fine, e.g. https://www.mymemory.co.uk/sandisk-128gb-ultra-micro-sd-card-sdxc-uhs-i-a1-100mb-s.html or https://www.mymemory.co.uk/samsung-512gb-evo-plus-micro-sd-card-sdxc-uhs-i-u3-adapter-100mb-s-16768.html. There's not much benefit in paying for the super-fast ones that cost more as the Switch can't make use of them. Just make sure it's at least UHS-I.

Looking at getting a Switch for my son (6) for Christmas. What accessories would I need with it?

Something to stop it getting banged up - is there any case/skin that will protect against bumps/drops that doesn't affect taking the joycons on/off etc?

Memory card - assuming I can leave this a while? Would be mainly buying physical games.

Joycons / controllers - would want an extra controller or two of some description. Joycons are pretty expensive, are these recommended for a lot of games? If not, are there any recommended wireless controllers?

Anything else? Cheers!

42 minutes ago, Kzo said:

Looking at getting a Switch for my son (6) for Christmas. What accessories would I need with it?

Something to stop it getting banged up - is there any case/skin that will protect against bumps/drops that doesn't affect taking the joycons on/off etc?

Memory card - assuming I can leave this a while? Would be mainly buying physical games.

Joycons / controllers - would want an extra controller or two of some description. Joycons are pretty expensive, are these recommended for a lot of games? If not, are there any recommended wireless controllers?

Anything else? Cheers!

Others can recommend a case better than I. I just have a little carry case mine goes in, but it wouldn't protect the console when it's in use.

With regards memory card and controllers, I'd just leave them for now until you need them. A lot of games will allow two players with just one set of joy-cons. Each player can take a joy-con, turn it on it's side, and have a tiny little controller of their own. And the system has 32GB built-in storage, which will rapidly soon enough (even if you are mostly buying physical games), but will keep you going for a little while at least without needing to buy a memory card.

You can often get decent deals on SD cards nowadays anyhow.

Has anyone got one of the Hori split pro controllers you can use like joycons? They look way more comfortable for handheld mode and are £15 cheaper than normal joycons. Is there a downside other than not being able to fit it in the case with them on?

6 minutes ago, Broker said:

Has anyone got one of the Hori split pro controllers you can use like joycons? They look way more comfortable for handheld mode and are £15 cheaper than normal joycons. Is there a downside other than not being able to fit it in the case with them on?

No rumble, can't use them detached. 

Aside from that, better in every way. Comfort, grip, buttons, sticks. I will sell my Joycons when I can be arsed because I'll never need them again.