Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I always baulk at pad prices but the Pro Controller is the only one out of that, the Xbox One and Dual shock 4 I haven't had to replace in the life of the go sole so far.

Yeah same for me, plus the thing is nuclear powered or something, can’t remember when I last gave it a charge, which is a nice change from my Dual Shock which seemingly needs a charge every day or two. 

3 hours ago, Hoodedclaw said:

i paid £16 for one of these in a lighting deal - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08725YC6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If yea on a budget they are well made and it works 

I paid slightly more for this one 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089FHT28B/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

and I love it. Seems to do everything a switch pad needs to do, and holds its charge for hours. I bought it for the kids but I use it pretty much all the time. I even managed to complete Hollow Knight with it!

I was not paid any money for this public service announcement.

I thought that presentation landed really well, like what I thought the last Direct Mini would be like. Monster Hunter will be huge, no doubt why there are two coming out next year. 

Not for everyone but I’m excited about Fitness Boxing 2, the first still gets regular use from me and this looks like there’s loads more moves and content. Seriously if fitness is your aim get this, it’s brilliant. 

Hades and Ori coming out today is awesome, I’d like both of those.

All in all there’s a lot out and a lot to look forward to on Switch - Nintendo have really stepped it up a gear in the last few weeks.

But, where is Doom Eternal?

17 minutes ago, Stanley said:

All in all there’s a lot out and a lot to look forward to on Switch - Nintendo have really stepped it up a gear in the last few weeks.

It’s also just nice to finally, finally, see a line-up of third party titles that are made from the ground up for Switch. Took a while but 2021 is shaping up to be the year of third parties on Switch.

Anyone done a joycon stick replacement?

I've got terrible drift in three of my four controllers, and I've tried using contact cleaner to fix them to no avail. I've read a couple of guides, have the necesssary tools, and I feel comfortable doing the replacements myself, but I'm not sure where to pick up the replacement sticks from. iFixit don't have have any in stock. There are loads of cheap sticks on ebay and amazon, but I'm not sure if all sticks are created equally. It's a fiddly enough job that I wouldn't want to do it only to find out I'd stuck a duff stick in there. Any recommendations?

20 minutes ago, revlob said:

I've got terrible drift in three of my four controllers, and I've tried using contact cleaner to fix them to no avail. I've read a couple of guides, have the necesssary tools, and I feel comfortable doing the replacements myself, but I'm not sure where to pick up the replacement sticks from. iFixit don't have have any in stock. There are loads of cheap sticks on ebay and amazon, but I'm not sure if all sticks are created equally. It's a fiddly enough job that I wouldn't want to do it only to find out I'd stuck a duff stick in there. Any recommendations?

It's reasonably easy job with one exception, the ribbon cables. They are a pain in the arse and break very easily. As for the sticks themselves I'm not sure but they are probably pretty generic.

1 hour ago, revlob said:

I replaced the shells on mu joycons and it wasn't too bad but as pulsemyne says the ribbons are the painful bits, particular for the should buttons.

I'd recommend picking up some fine tweezers to help. Something like:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/OriGlam-Precision-Anti-Static-Non-Magnetic-Electronics/dp/B07YFYZP75/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2V2ET38S6X2DG&dchild=1&keywords=tweezers+electronics&qid=1600635482&sprefix=tweezers+el%2Caps%2C147&sr=8-3

12 hours ago, revlob said:

You'll be fine with anything along these lines..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254385848031

The ribbons are annoying to deal with but just take it slow and you should be fine. The main problem I had was actually unscrewing the joycon. The screws have a very small plastic coating on so you have to be sure the screwdriver is locked into place and not stripping that off. I made that mistake and ended up having to drill a screw out. Joycon still works though! (Only my backup set so it's only used for rare instances of multiplayer)

I found a deal on a pro controller, kinda...

eBay emailed me a £5 code as I’d been spending so much time looking at pro pads, I was gonna order one with it... but then very sent me a £20 off £50 code so ordered one straight away!

*free to start!

Once again they can’t win, they do a free game with micro transactions, people complain. So the next one they do for budget price - should be free/too expensive! 

Anyway, how many releases is that Nintendo have shadow dropped in the last couple of months? 

7 hours ago, Bojangle said:

*free to start!

Once again they can’t win, they do a free game with micro transactions, people complain. So the next one they do for budget price - should be free/too expensive! 

Anyway, how many releases is that Nintendo have shadow dropped in the last couple of months? 

It was free to play not just free to start. I never paid a penny.