rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

46 minutes ago, scottcr said:

That 2D retro collection of games has just made Mario and Sonic rocket up my WANT list.  Unfortunately, I've got a pretty big WANT list and no enough money to service it.

Tell me about it, I haven't even got Mario Maker 2 yet, it's a bumper year for Switch.

My Switch's right joycon doesn't seem to be working. There's no lights going on when I try to sync it, so I presume it is out of charge. But when I put the Switch on to charge (either via the dock or directly plugging in cable into the Switch, it charges the left joycon and the Switch, but nothing seem to happen with the right joycon at all.

Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Tell me about it, I haven't even got Mario Maker 2 yet, it's a bumper year for Switch.

Switch has no games, right guys?

A1CA71AE-D439-4990-9354-D4EB4009C597.gif

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

It's the Switch one?

I haven't played any since 8 on the PS2 but I know there was a new DQ on PS4 in the last year or two. Is this the same game or something else in the series.

New sale on too. Some highlights:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Lumo

Yoku's Island Express

Resident Evil 4

The Swindle

Wonder Boy in Monster Land

Yooka-Laylee

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lorfarius said:

I haven't played any since 8 on the PS2 but I know there was a new DQ on PS4 in the last year or two. Is this the same game or something else in the series.

It's a hybrid of the 3DS version of XI and the PS4 version of XI.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ZOK said:

If you fall in love with it, you’ll probably not have played as the hacker to start with as it’s the ‘weakest’ choice. But when you do, it becomes a whole other game, from run and gun to considered stop/start stealth. Enjoy!

This is ridiculously fun. So much I don't understand though. How do I spend credits? Do enhancements get reset every level? Any random tips?

1 hour ago, Lorfarius said:

It's the same game as the PS4 version with added features such as being able to play through the entire game in old school 16 bit style 2D mode, a fully orchestral soundtrack, and some other bits and bobs. The demo is literally the first 10 hours of the game or thereabouts, and you can continue from your demo save come the full release. You can essentially start playing the full game now for free.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, deKay said:

New sale on too. Some highlights:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Lumo

Yoku's Island Express

Resident Evil 4

The Swindle

Wonder Boy in Monster Land

Yooka-Laylee

Prices? Been interested in Bloodstained and Wonder Boy for a while, but "too many games" syndrome. Might nab to play later if they're discounted enough.

REally want Bloodstained but been waiting for the physical release to drop in price. Makes more sense for me to get it for the X but whenever i turn that thing on i lose interest. Regardless of the game. 

At least with the switch version i can play it for a couple hours a day on my commute.

2 hours ago, NickC said:

This is ridiculously fun. So much I don't understand though. How do I spend credits? Do enhancements get reset every level? Any random tips?

It’s been a while, but from memory your credits allow you to buy additional starting buffs, and will also appear as new level. choices, something like that. I seem to remember there was some mechanic restricting the purchases but I ended up buying them all - one of my most played Switch games.

It’s in that roguelike style...I last played it before BOTW so as you can imagine it was a long time back.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

It’s been a while, but from memory your credits allow you to buy additional starting buffs, and will also appear as new level. choices, something like that. I seem to remember there was some mechanic restricting the purchases but I ended up buying them all - one of my most played Switch games.

It’s in that roguelike style...I last played it before BOTW so as you can imagine it was a long time back.

Weirdly, I started with the Hacker and find it hard to leave him!

So, if you start in the 'hub' where you can buy perks, these are the ones that stay with you forever, right?  Who was yourt favourite character to use? I unlocked Gorilla and it's very different to my weedy (but skilled in other areas) Dade Murphy.  

11 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

Weirdly, I started with the Hacker and find it hard to leave him!

So, if you start in the 'hub' where you can buy perks, these are the ones that stay with you forever, right?  Who was yourt favourite character to use? I unlocked Gorilla and it's very different to my weedy (but skilled in other areas) Dade Murphy.  

I think I got them mixed up - now I’m thinking about it I think I was the Hacker for most of my games!

I think the one I switched to at the end that really switched the game up was the Assassin - is that the one who has a detonating crossbow and is invisible in shadow (or when still)? 

On 20/08/2019 at 15:44, Mitchell said:

Hori's new Switch Pad Pro is out at the end of next month, Amazon have them to pre-order for £45...last I heard, they weren't being released in the West, so this is good news. it looks great.  

Cheap option if you are sick of stick drift and play a lot of handheld!  No wireless, no HD rumble, IR of NFC.  Just pads.

61AXbLylGWL._AC_.thumb.jpg.1f15eedb1db25a588f8475e86d9cd64d.jpg

As hideous as it is, if the buttons don't  click I'm getting one.

On 21/08/2019 at 18:30, Gloomy Andy said:

Sky Force - shmup with levelling up

On 21/08/2019 at 21:07, Beezer said:

+1 for Skyforce. Fits the bill perfectly.

I bought the Reloaded version last night.

IT'S PERFECT!

Instead of having an early night, I played until the early hours, so in a cruel twist of irony it's probably going to increase my stress levels as I'm going to be less productive at work today. Still, what a fun few hours I had. The core gameplay is SO satisfying and gives me the same pleasure I remember having with shmups when I was a kid. Clearing levels isn't too hard at all so there's a sense of progression, but there's plenty of challenge in getting all the medals, and I noticed there's a hard mode for each level too. It looks and sounds great, and I can generally tell  what's going on on-screen. I unlocked level 4, but did a bit of grinding on earlier levels to power-up. That might get tedious later on, but for now it's still very enjoyable. The ship is a little twitchy to control (compared with Ikaruga, which was lovely to move around), but I'm getting used to it and perhaps other ships get unlocked later with different handling.

So thanks for the recommendation! With the gold points I had it was under £8, so a real bargain. It should keep me going for a while, and then I'll move on to some of the other suggestions.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

Summer Odyssey!

Or... Super Mario Sunshine.... Jeez anyone remember the watermelon festival?! :D 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Mario Sunshite.

Enjoyed it myself...sure not the strongest game in the Mario series but fun to play and loved the bright vibrant visuals and the water jetpack mechanic - cheered me up doing the cold winter months when it was originally released in the UK....

• Upvote 8

I absolutely loved SMS.  The void levels were amazing and it was such a colourful happy game - the water at the time looked properly wet and inviting.  I for one would welcome an HD remake of that

AND ALL OTHER GAMECUBE GAMES INCLUDING ETERNAL DARKNES FUCKSAKEKASKE ASKMGEIGJEOIJQERIBMDFVQEOJQERGJQE FTHAGN

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, scottcr said:

I absolutely loved SMS.  The void levels were amazing and it was such a colourful happy game - the water at the time looked properly wet and inviting.  I for one would welcome an HD remake of that

100% would be quite nice to play this on the Switch again in HD.... it's been a long time since I completed this... (thinking back 2002!!! :o)