rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

8 minutes ago, Darren said:

If you buy a copy remember to be careful when you first open it. One of the spines on mine cracked and tore. You need to be a bit careful at first to wear it in, the others were fine after that.

• Upvote 1

From Nintendolife:

Psikyo Shooting Stars Alpha

STRIKERS 1945: A mysterious organization, CANY, tries to conquer the world by making use of overpowering weapons. Only Strikers can defeat them and restore peace.
STRIKERS 1945 II: The Strikers are still mobilized to repel a new threat, the FGR faction, which has huge robots!
STRIKERS 1945 III: A cloud of micro-robots aliens, the "Nanites", has infiltrated the military bases terrestrial. Strikers must use new ships and formidable weapons to repel the invader!
SOIL DIVIDE: Ifter, the Emperor of Evil, tries to metamorphose into a demon in order to conquer the world. It is up to three powerful heroes to stand against him and put an end to his vile designs.
Dragon Blaze: Four knights riding dragons are trying to defeat the King of Evil. How will this quest finish? On a triumph or a defeat?
ZERO GUNNER 2: The Zero Gunner squadron is mobilized to free the world from the grip of Igem, an evil conglomerate with a weapon of mass destruction: ONI.

Psikyo Shooting Stars Bravo

Samurai Aces Episode I: The shogun's daughter has been kidnapped by an evil sect. Six unlikely heroes have the mission to save her before she is sacrificed to resurrect a demon!
GUNBARICH: This is a spin-off of the "Gunbird" series. Gunbarich is a charming and colourful mix of brick breakers and shmup featuring Marion, the young witch, and Grutan, who handles the anchor like no other.
Samurai Aces Episode II: TENGAI: Shinrano, a militarist sect, captured the shogun's daughter in order to sacrifice her in the name of the demon they worship. Only a group of misfits is able to save them, but for that, they will have to rise to the occasion and become heroes!
Samurai Aces Episode III: SENGOKU CANNON: With this third opus, the series left for the first time arcades to venture directly on console, without forgetting the ingredients that made its legend.
GUNBIRD: What do a witch, a robot, an adventurer with a jet pack, a martial arts expert and a fighting monkey have in common? They are all looking for pieces of the magic mirror in order to fulfil their wishes!
GUNBIRD 2: Seven strange warriors have to face a challenge: recover the legendary potion from a God to fulfil their dearest wishes!

• Upvote 1

I’ve ordered one of the new Switch’s with the better battery from Scan as they the only place that has a date for them which is 23rd August, didn’t need it but the extra battery life will be useful for my honeymoon to the US in November.

2 hours ago, SF-02 said:

Can't wait to pay way over the odds for indie games free on Psplus and games with gold/Gamepass.

I can't play them on my Switch and half of them aren't on either of those two platforms anyway.

But you knew that.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

"Nintendo Switch - it's for people who like Humble Bundle games, but want to pay more, except none of it goes to charity"

Only razzing. I buy Humble Bundle games I never even bother to install, but something on the Switch gets played the shit out of. If you want it and can stomach the price hikes, it's surely one of the best way to play these indie games.

If it was all just down to price then no one would be excited about Witcher III or Dragon Quest XI either as they're now available much cheaper on other platforms. I must admit though £22.49 for Hotline Miami made me gulp, might have been more prudent to sell them individually.

Just getting round to watching the Indie World showcase.

Thoughts:

The pixel art in Eastwatch looks lovely, and it's from the same (British) developers who made Stardew Valley, which I put about 80 hours into. Roki seems interesting as well. Youropa looks pretty vertigo-inducing, although I'm not sure about the painting/graffiti gameplay. I've heard good things about Superhot, but I didn't think the trailer was especially exciting, not enough to make me rush out and buy it, anyway. Is it worth it?. Loved the artstyle and music of The Touryst, despite the silly name, but I'm not really sure what type of game it is. Earthnight looks pretty trippy, and it's refreshing to see a young black female protagonist. I'm disappointed that Hotline Miami 2 isn't been sold separately. I'm certain not going to pay £20+ for the collection. Blasphemous looks like an awesome Castlevania/Souls crossover, but the trailer @Vemsie posted was much better than the one in the showcase. And lastly, Ori and the Blind Forest is definitely a looker, and not being a Xbone owner I've yet to play it, so I'll be picking it up for sure. Hopefully the difficulty spike isn't as jarring as it's supposed to be.

I thought it was a pretty good showcase all told with some games I'm definitely interested in, Eastwatch and Blasphemous being the standouts, I think. Some of the games that were teased in one of the earlier showcases this year didn't get a mention, however, Untitled Goose Game being one, as well as Inmost, a pixel art horror game that I really liked the look of, and which is supposed to be coming out this year. Hopefully we'll get updates on those two soon.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, MDY said:

:lol:

Apparently the German translator for the Grandia HD Collection wasn't given much context when he did their version..

So during battles, when you swing and 'miss' it displays..

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.9d4fc4de1b9009b3cf2b039362f017ad.png

Guess as far as translation effort goes, that really is a 'swing and a miss'. Truly a multi-layered irony. Guess he had in mind the below, but the cack-handedness of it all makes me suspect Mr. Google was employed.

image.png.5b6395c63e71a4f1812e29ee1737b4e4.png

16 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Ori and the Blind Forest is definitely a looker, and not being a Xbone owner I've yet to play it, so I'll be picking it up for sure. Hopefully the difficulty spike isn't as jarring as it's supposed to be.

It has some precision platforming required. I wouldn't call something you have to try more than once a difficulty spike to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

It has some precision platforming required. I wouldn't call something you have to try more than once a difficulty spike to be honest.

I'd read there was a bit with loads of lava rising up, or something like that, which loads of people got stuck on.

35 minutes ago, Horribleman said:

Well it is if up until that point it's been fairly plain sailing - I think the main issue is that it's the setpieces people struggle at with nowhere else to go other than to repeat it over and over until you succeed. I struggled a bit and would defintely describe it as a difficulty spike.