rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Well for me slay the Spire has made a 3.5 hr flight just disappear. Into the breach too. 

For some reason I keep saying those but they are games where an hour just flies by. 

• Upvote 4

Decided I couldn't afford £60+ for a Pro Controller, so picked up one of these:

Third Part Switch Pro Controller

Y'know what? It is pretty decent, no NFC, but other than that it feels as good as a Pro Controller. Everything seemingly works fine and the Switch even sees it as the Splatoon version too. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bradigor said:

It does have motion controls yes. 

Missed that, then - that's the main problems with the 'pro'-type controllers they sell in game; the Splatoon one is almost useless for playing Splatoon as a result...

2 minutes ago, smac said:

Missed that, then - that's the main problems with the 'pro'-type controllers they sell in game; the Splatoon one is almost useless for playing Splatoon as a result...

The ones in game are actual third party controllers, these are dodgy Chinese knockoff pro controllers. So that's the difference I think. 

After a little more time with it a few things of note. 

1. Slightly lighter than a Pro Controller (used my neighbours to test) but only slightly

2. Rumble isn't HD, but it is there, just not as effective. 

But happy with the trade off for saving £50

16 hours ago, bradigor said:

Decided I couldn't afford £60+ for a Pro Controller, so picked up one of these:

Third Part Switch Pro Controller

Y'know what? It is pretty decent, no NFC, but other than that it feels as good as a Pro Controller. Everything seemingly works fine and the Switch even sees it as the Splatoon version too. 

15 hours ago, DC Lemon said:

What about the d pad? Have they made that authentically crap?

I’d like to know this also. Seems like a nice cheap option to have a spare. How long did it take to arrive? 

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I’d like to know this also. Seems like a nice cheap option to have a spare. How long did it take to arrive? 

Seems fine, slightly more raised than the official maybe. Took just over two weeks. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's finicky from mobile. They embed fine from web.

I've noticed this - I think the problem is the mobile.twitter.com part of the URL. If you change the "mobile" to "www" it should work fine, even when posting from your phone.

• Upvote 1

On 11/06/2019 at 15:32, Dan said:

I had the left stick issues, it was drifting and not centring when tested in controller calibration. I saw a post on reddit about using electrical contact cleaner on the stick and it’s completely fixed my issue! 

I got the WD-40 branded stuff(not regular WD-40!) from Wickes. 

https://nintygamer.com/switch-controller-drift-fix/

https://reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/b5z81z/how_to_fix_controller_drift_on_the_switch_joycons/

I only did this last week and it’s been fine since. There’s a chance it’ll need doing again, but I’ve enough contact cleaner to probably last a life time as I only gave it a small blast. 

I've finally got round to trying this and it worked a treat. Thanks! :)

• Upvote 1

Has anyone tried the Switch version of Graveyard Keeper? I’m after a game of this kind as I’ve rinsed Stardew and Portia. I guess my question is if it’s a good port and if there are bugs in this version? The PC version was bug ridden on release but I think that version is fine now.

Intersting things to note about the above. Firstly there is the big reduction in Bezel size, a pretty obvious one to save some space on. Secondly the home and capture buttons are much closer to the other buttons and the bottom showing just how the control has changed in size.

Should be quite a bit smaller in the end.

Also there are two circles cut out at the top which doesn't match a Switch's controls, and the big picture doesn't match the little picture because it's probably utter bollocks.