rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I've never played this but keep seeing it lauded to the high heavens. What makes it so good, beyond nostalgia?

It's Out Run but rewards you with more music at every checkpoint!

And keeps telling me to Time Warp (32X version)

8 hours ago, sonixtorm said:

Virtua Racing is on the UK store on 27th in case it hasn’t already been mentioned :omg:

Wonder Boy in Monster Land too,  if you're into rock-hard old 2D platformers. :) *Goes to shops to buy £15 eShop card ready*

On 19/06/2019 at 11:42, deKay said:

rumourklaxon.gif.69a424da970cbc12b64fc44c2f165285.gif

SnapShot_190619_114120.png.9d0062e96c259c9f05cc38ad425040b3.png

From Nintendolife:

Update: We've spoken to a HonSon representative about the product listings in question, and have been told that the company has based these products on "secret" information and that it is waiting for Nintendo to officially confirm the system before putting these items into production; HonSon will then "adjust the model to ensure it can perfectly suit the console". The representative also confirmed that, based on the information it has received, the Switch Mini is (as the name suggests) "a little smaller" than the current version.

So they guessed and made it up.

Would it work on Switch, I never played it but didn't you have to use both the Wii U's controller screen and the TV simultaneously? 

I guess it would make sense to release a mini/extra portable and cheaper version of the Switch just in time for a new Pokémon game. Cheaper and more portable fits the classic series use cases of kids and trainers on the go.

On 18/11/2017 at 23:18, Nequests said:

Bayonetta 2

Captain Toad

Tropical Freeze

Hyrule Warriors 

NSMBU + Luigi U

Pikmin 3

3D World

Mario Maker (kinda)

Xenoblade X

Tokyo Mirage Sessions

Wonderful 101

Woolly World (Crafted World doesn't count - gimme Woolly)

If we get Wonderful 101 I'll be even closer to finishing this list and never having to buy a bloody WiiU. Do iiiiiit.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, El Stevo said:

I guess it would make sense to release a mini/extra portable and cheaper version of the Switch just in time for a new Pokémon game. Cheaper and more portable fits the classic series use cases of kids and trainers on the go.

A more robust, kid friendly, cheaper portable only machine in time for Pokemon in November... Prints money etc

For those that claimed the 12 months free Nintendo Online via Twitch Prime, here's a reminder that you can claim the other 9 months now. Mine has been extended 'til September  2020. Annoyingly it seems that you have to link a credit card to it to redeem, then go to your shop settings and delete the card and auto renewal :S

• Upvote 1

Dumb question time.

I am taking the Switch away for the first time since getting it (weekend in Hull fact fans), but not sure I want to pull out the TV unit to get the power cable to the dock. Can I just use my USB-C cable from the 8bitdo and a generic USB plug to charge it? I have heard things about units being bricked in certain situations, but want to make sure this isn't one of them. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

@bradigor Yeah, any old USB-C will charge it. Bricking was because of crappy third party docks.

Thank you, saves some faffing. 

Taking the iPad to keep my daughter entertained whilst we spend two days in a rink, so have that charger thankfully. 

Exact thing I was just wondering @bradigor thanks for asking on my behalf! :D

In other news I am too afraid to use mine in public because I'm a clumsy twat but I am loving just the general portability when I get somewhere safe!

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Taking the iPad to keep my daughter entertained whilst we spend two days in a rink, so have that charger thankfully. 

I've been able to charge fine with my 12w ipad charger, but... the switch charger is quite a beefy thing.  https://gtrusted.com/review/how-much-power-the-nintendo-switch-console-draws-to-charge-using-usb-power-delivery-with-its-own-ac-adapter

8 minutes ago, scottcr said:

I've been able to charge fine with my 12w ipad charger, but... the switch charger is quite a beefy thing.  https://gtrusted.com/review/how-much-power-the-nintendo-switch-console-draws-to-charge-using-usb-power-delivery-with-its-own-ac-adapter

I advise not clicking that link as it (ironically) opens up some dodgy looking windows.

5 minutes ago, Benny said:

I advise not clicking that link as it (ironically) opens up some dodgy looking windows.

ah - didn't for me.  It did request I create an account, which I closed and ignored.

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Dumb question time.

I am taking the Switch away for the first time since getting it (weekend in Hull fact fans), but not sure I want to pull out the TV unit to get the power cable to the dock. Can I just use my USB-C cable from the 8bitdo and a generic USB plug to charge it? I have heard things about units being bricked in certain situations, but want to make sure this isn't one of them. 

You can use most standard cables to charge it - just don't try to run it in docked/tv mode with anything other than an official charger as that's where the issues come up.

2 hours ago, shirubagan said:

@bradigor Yeah, any old USB-C will charge it. Bricking was because of crappy third party docks.

No - it's not the docks, it's the power being drawn and used. Use an official power supply and there are no problems.

Is it not safe to charge it using a Pro Controller USB-C cable and, say, a USB plug on a train or a Motorola fast charging plug for example?

5 minutes ago, Benny said:

Is it not safe to charge it using a Pro Controller USB-C cable and, say, a USB plug on a train or a Motorola fast charging plug for example?

I did this with chargers and battery packs while away with no issues.

Are you sure @rgraves? A quick search says it’s just the docks that were bricking Switches, especially the Nyko ones after the V5.0.0 firmware update. I’ve not had an issue with any combination USB-C cable, power brick, iPhone, iPad or Mac charger.