rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

2 hours ago, ZOK said:

I find the Joycons much more precise for aiming etc in Zelda than the Pro controller, due to the shorter length of the sticks. And I put around 300 hours into it.

Stick length is irrelevant for precise aiming in Breath of the Wild.

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I find my shovel hands can’t hold the individual joycon comfortably. Do you use them with or without the shoulder rails on?

I got on ok with the joycon grip but the Pro controller is definitely best for me. 

Shoulder rails on, always! I have big hands too, but it’s horses for courses.

Hi, what's the best cheap (pro/real) controller for Nintendo Switch? Can I just get an 8bitdo DS4 adapter and use my DS4 properly on the Switch? Thanks.

47 minutes ago, alex3d said:

Hi, what's the best cheap (pro/real) controller for Nintendo Switch? Can I just get an 8bitdo DS4 adapter and use my DS4 properly on the Switch? Thanks.

Yes, that's the best option of you already have a PS4 controller. Does rumble and the tilt stuff too. 

• Upvote 1

Nintendolife think this is the most interesting image from the accessory manufacturer's website as they haven't seen the image before and the design of console's case is a little different than previous mockups.

switch_mini.jpg

• Upvote 1

I would have no interest in such a model. As I tend to travel a lot my Switch is almost exclusively used in handheld mode, and what that new model appears to suggest is that I wouldn't be able to detach the joy-cons and put the console on its kickstand to rest my arms. It's such a comfortable way to play and I wouldn't want to lose that functionality.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah, I mean how much smaller do people want it to be? 

I'd love a Game Boy Micro sized one.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Cheyenne said:

I would have no interest in such a model. As I tend to travel a lot my Switch is almost exclusively used in handheld mode, and what that new model appears to suggest is that I wouldn't be able to detach the joy-cons and put the console on its kickstand to rest my arms. It's such a comfortable way to play and I wouldn't want to lose that functionality.

My guess is a kickstand would stay and you'd just pair other joycons with it. The smaller size might ruin the visibility and having to carry around joycons anyway would mean any size advantage would be lost anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

My guess is a kickstand would stay and you'd just pair other joycons with it. The smaller size might ruin the visibility and having to carry around joycons anyway would mean any size advantage would be lost anyway. 

What it needs is a carry handle. Then I'd buy 10.

• Upvote 1

Looks like Nintendo will finally create a common platform for true handheld and home console devices vs. separate 3DS and Wii/Switch developments in the past. 

1 hour ago, Cheyenne said:

I don't care about size or joycon detachability. But I would like the option of buying a cheaper one for my daughter. She'd never use it in docked mode anyway.

Totally up for a handheld only model. As long as it still has the little kick-stand to do funny waggle games and local mp.

Still won't deal with the issue of physical games being too expensive. Main reason I haven't bought a switch yet.

Today out of curiosity I added 18 physical games I quite fancy to an Amazon basket, many of them a few years old.

Over £700. Fuck. Off.

21 minutes ago, BBBBBB said:

Totally up for a handheld only model. As long as it still has the little kick-stand to do funny waggle games and local mp.

Still won't deal with the issue of physical games being too expensive. Main reason I haven't bought a switch yet.

Today out of curiosity I added 18 physical games I quite fancy to an Amazon basket, many of them a few years old.

Over £700. Fuck. Off.

Why would you buy 18 games at once? Just get a couple, finish them and then trade them in, I bought Mario and Zelda on both of their release dates, have played hundreds of hours, if I were to sell them, I would lose very little, maybe 10-15£ each, that seems like a decent amount of depreciation for the amount of time I have enjoyed them for, they're no more expensive than other comparable games for competing platforms, just seems mad not to enjoy them.

• Upvote 4

Yeah, no nutter would buy more than one or two games at a time.

Just buy Zelda... it might be pricey, but its kept me entertained for 500+ hours. Not bad for a single player game.

Wont need another game for months/years.

Oh, and the fact that nintendo games keep their prices is a double edged sword. On one had its a kick in the bollock to pay 49-59 quid a game, but when it comes to trade in, its a delight.

33 minutes ago, BBBBBB said:

Over £700. Fuck. Off.

Buying lots of things at once and then finding out that it costs a lot should not be a surprise.

But Nintendo's own games hold prices as they remain as good now as they were at launch and none have been superseded by sequels.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

I bought Mario and Zelda on both of their release dates, have played hundreds of hours, if I were to sell them, I would lose very little, maybe 10-15£ each, that seems like a decent amount of depreciation for the amount of time I have enjoyed them for, they're no more expensive than other comparable games for competing platforms,

There are no comparable games on other formats though!

Which might be another reason they hold their price.

I’ve no real interest in a handheld only model but I’d love a TV only model packed with a pro controller. Make it happen Nintendo!