rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

What would the alternative be?

That it restarted the sub (like ProtonMail), or couldn't be applied until the current one is nearly up (like NowTV).

46 minutes ago, sir stiff_one said:

So two things that make zero sense ok.

This is Nintendo, so I'm surprised it does stack, actually.

I'm interested to know what sort of clusterfuck it would be if you decided to apply a family online account over a single user one.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Nope, unfortunately not:

"If you pre-order Super Mario Maker 2 Limited Edition via Nintendo eShop, you’ll receive a My Nintendo Store code on your digital receipt that you can redeem in the My Nintendo Store for the Nintendo Switch stylus."

100% missed that, thanks for pointing it out!

11 hours ago, mdn2 said:

:omg:

Great news! But man do I hope there's an option to switch to Japanese voices on the first one. Some of the English voices are nails-down-a-blackboard awful. The main character's little sister being particularly egregious.

It's possible they could have re-done them? Being a remaster and all. The feature list suggests it's the old audio though.

GRANDIA HD Collection, GRANDIA HD Remaster (PC), and GRANDIA II HD Remaster (PC) will feature a variety of new and improved features such as:

GRANDIA features-

- Enhanced details to UI, sprites, and texture art

- Original cinematic videos receiving visual enhancements

- Widescreen support and customizable resolutions (only for PC)

- Steam cards and Achievements (only for PC)

- Audio: Japanese and English

- Language Support: Original English and Japanese plus French and German translation

- Gamepad and keyboard support with remappable controls (only for PC)

GRANDIAII features-

- Enhanced details to UI, sprites, and texture art

- Original cinematic videos receiving visual enhancements

- Widescreen support and customizable resolutions (only for PC)

- Audio: Japanese and English

- Language Support: Original English and Japanese plus New French and German translation

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, mdn2 said:

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Spoiler

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'd be hard pushed to think of a game that would be worse in handheld mode without an absolutely massive UI overhaul for the inventory. 

I agree with this wholeheartedly- the UI for inventory was bad enough on the PS4. Even with the larger text patch.

As I going to need the online subscription to play Mario Maker 2 levels? Or just for online play? 

I might not bother with this if it’s got the extra cost of the online device stacked on it.

16 hours ago, deKay said:

Three new games on the NES Online service thing next week - Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Volleyball and City Connection.

Are they already scraping the barrel this much? If only they had hundreds more games they could easily release.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, deKay said:

I'm interested to know what sort of clusterfuck it would be if you decided to apply a family online account over a single user one.

Me too actually. Turns out there is no way to combine times across the two subscription types. You have to 'open a help ticket'

image.png.66782109eae2b9798ab0498a6c1c96d8.png

57 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I'd be hard pushed to think of a game that would be worse in handheld mode without an absolutely massive UI overhaul for the inventory. 

Imagine the inventory screen :o

4 hours ago, sir stiff_one said:

Me too actually. Turns out there is no way to combine times across the two subscription types. You have to 'open a help ticket'

Makes me wonder if this clunky process is why the Prime deal only covers individual subscriptions.

On 05/06/2019 at 12:33, Darhkwing said:

I ordered a 10 pack of these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-PRO-STYLUS-WITH-BALL-POINT-PEN-TIP-FOR-IPHONE-IPAD-TABLET-23/282209408542?epid=1587764931&hash=item41b4fdd61e:g:3MoAAOSwJ6Vb6BB4

They have a much smaller nub which i think would be better for making levels with.

If you prefer ones more like the one that comes with Mario Maker 2 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5x-Universal-Capacitive-Stylus-Touchscreen-Pen-for-ALL-Mobile-Phones-Tablet/143141259806?hash=item2153e24a1e:g:CdUAAOSw3eRcc8Mn

In either case, they are cheap enough to buy them as spares.

I got my stylus today. Just wanted to point out they have a ballpoint at one end and nub at the other , not quite what I was expecting. 

So yeah unless you want that then go for the second option with nub only.

On 06/06/2019 at 09:40, sir stiff_one said:

image.png.66782109eae2b9798ab0498a6c1c96d8.png

I never even saw that when I had to upgrade. I just lost the 9 months I had left on my solo :(

• Empathy 1

I've started to get the old left joycon stick issues. Up and down are unresponsive, but left and right are fine. Is this the one that can be fixed with a blast of compressed air?

7 hours ago, dug said:

I've started to get the old left joycon stick issues. Up and down are unresponsive, but left and right are fine. Is this the one that can be fixed with a blast of compressed air?

I had the left stick issues, it was drifting and not centring when tested in controller calibration. I saw a post on reddit about using electrical contact cleaner on the stick and it’s completely fixed my issue! 

I got the WD-40 branded stuff(not regular WD-40!) from Wickes. 

https://nintygamer.com/switch-controller-drift-fix/

https://reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/b5z81z/how_to_fix_controller_drift_on_the_switch_joycons/

I only did this last week and it’s been fine since. There’s a chance it’ll need doing again, but I’ve enough contact cleaner to probably last a life time as I only gave it a small blast. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I had the left stick issues, it was drifting and not centring when tested in controller calibration. I saw a post on reddit about using electrical contact cleaner on the stick and it’s completely fixed my issue! 

I got the WD-40 branded stuff(not regular WD-40!) from Wickes. 

https://nintygamer.com/switch-controller-drift-fix/

https://reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/b5z81z/how_to_fix_controller_drift_on_the_switch_joycons/

I only did this last week and it’s been fine since. There’s a chance it’ll need doing again, but I’ve enough contact cleaner to probably last a life time as I only gave it a small blast. 

Ideal, I'll give that a try, thanks.

I realise I'm probably the only person on here interested in this but I don't care, I'm posting it anyway.

Probably my favourite Disgaea after the first one. Now all I need is 2, 3 and D2 released on the Switch and I'll be happy. 

Edit:

d4c_nsw_le.jpg

• Upvote 3