rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

49 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

Finding Darius a little slow, but Darius 2 and Darius Gaiden are good fun.

I have noticed that something when it's game over, the game freezes during that blue popup. I'm guessing it's saving a replay or something? I can't read Japanese!

Yeah, I've played much less Darius than the other two. I like the triple screen effect though, that's cool.

I'm sure it's saving a replay yep, but you have to also select a slot if you want to keep it, I think. Not sure why the different icons are an option but maybe helps you differentiate and remember particular runs or something. 

6 hours ago, mwaawm said:

The twin stick mechanic makes too many bits way too fiddly compared to the mouse control on its original host platform....but I don't regret picking it up at the dirt cheap 89pence price point, held my attention far longer than all those crap apps purchased on my phone back in the day.

I’ve just completed it. Am I imagining the Monkey Island and DOTT references?

It turns into yet another game type right at the end too, and there’s another not long before that. Really bizarre.

Not an awful game, just very disjointed. Would have been disappointed if I’d paid a tenner but yeah, 89p and can’t complain really.

On 31/05/2019 at 14:10, deKay said:

We already have Assassin’s Creed Origins on the Switch via streaming so no reason The Witcher 3 couldn’t work the same way. 

Can you actually get that or was it just a tech example?

Yeah, it is. There’s Phantasy Star Online on there via streaming too, and some train game as well.

• Upvote 1

That’s exciting, I wonder if Japan’s size or infrastructure means anything or if you could just get that working anywhere.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

That’s exciting, I wonder if Japan’s size or infrastructure means anything or if you could just get that working anywhere.

Only thing stopping it working over here is the distance to the streaming servers. I got a few minutes out of PSO and the train game before the ping hit whatever threshold was set to kick me out with a "weak internet connection". EU or UK data centre and it'd work, well, as well as any other streaming service.

I'm pretty sure Assassin's Creed would have been using what we now know as Google Stadia, albeit soft-geofenced to Japan.

26 minutes ago, acidbearboy said:

Third best selling game of May, behind Minecraft and Cuphead. I bet even at 89p that’s a big profit increase. 

Yeah. It does deserve to do reasonably well but I best the price point is the only reason most bought it. Me included.

Can anyone confirm that you can use a Nintendo voucher (the buy 2 for £84 thing on eShop) on the Mario Maker 2 + Stylus bundle? Not just standalone Maker 2?

Cheers in advance.

6 minutes ago, NEG said:

Can anyone confirm that you can use a Nintendo voucher (the buy 2 for £84 thing on eShop) on the Mario Maker 2 + Stylus bundle? Not just standalone Maker 2?

Cheers in advance.

No. Just standard 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Do all Mario Maker 2 copies in the UK come with a stylus?

Ended up ordering a pack of stylus of ebay just in case. 

Which ones did you order? Might be a good idea to get one myself 

8 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Which ones did you order? Might be a good idea to get one myself 

I ordered a 10 pack of these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-PRO-STYLUS-WITH-BALL-POINT-PEN-TIP-FOR-IPHONE-IPAD-TABLET-23/282209408542?epid=1587764931&hash=item41b4fdd61e:g:3MoAAOSwJ6Vb6BB4

They have a much smaller nub which i think would be better for making levels with.

If you prefer ones more like the one that comes with Mario Maker 2 - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5x-Universal-Capacitive-Stylus-Touchscreen-Pen-for-ALL-Mobile-Phones-Tablet/143141259806?hash=item2153e24a1e:g:CdUAAOSw3eRcc8Mn

In either case, they are cheap enough to buy them as spares.

• Upvote 1

Nope, unfortunately not:

"If you pre-order Super Mario Maker 2 Limited Edition via Nintendo eShop, you’ll receive a My Nintendo Store code on your digital receipt that you can redeem in the My Nintendo Store for the Nintendo Switch stylus."

What are game collection like for sending your order out? I pre ordered back in feb (they already taken money). I recall someone saying they sometimes get the order out a day early?

6 minutes ago, deKay said:

Who writes utter shit like this:

https://fantendo.fandom.com/wiki/Rare_Replay_(Nintendo_Switch)

"Rare Replay on Nintendo Switch is an upgraded port of the Xbox One compilation game of the same name.  It features all 30 games from the previous installment with additional games including Donkey Kong Country."

Game Card 2

Nintendo 64

Blast Corps (1997)

GoldenEye 007 (1997)

Diddy Kong Racing (1997)

Banjo-Kazooie (1998)

Jet Force Gemini (1999)

Donkey Kong 64 (1999)

Perfect Dark (2000)

Banjo-Tooie (2000)

Conker's Bad Fur Day (2001)

Later games

Star Fox Adventures (2002)

Grabbed by the Ghoulies (2003)

Kameo: Elements of Power (2005)

Perfect Dark Zero (2005)

Viva Piñata (2006)

Jetpac Refuelled (2007)

Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise (2008)

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (2008)

:lol::(

Where are we with the rumors on new hardware? I'm guessing there's a special edition for Sword and Shield, and it'll be handy if it's a refreshed device. 

16 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Where are we with the rumors on new hardware?

We're still here:

rumourklaxon.gif.69a424da970cbc12b64fc44c2f165285.gif

Three new games on the NES Online service thing next week - Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Volleyball and City Connection.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, The Mighty Ash said:

Nope, unfortunately not:

"If you pre-order Super Mario Maker 2 Limited Edition via Nintendo eShop, you’ll receive a My Nintendo Store code on your digital receipt that you can redeem in the My Nintendo Store for the Nintendo Switch stylus."

Do you get anything else beyond the stylus? It's £10 dearer!

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Three new games on the NES Online service thing next week - Double Dragon II: The Revenge, Volleyball and City Connection.

I was gutted when I discovered that Car-vup on the Amiga was just a sillied-up clone of City Connection. :(