rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

53 minutes ago, Pixelbark said:

Thia is one long lunch.

Sorry, had a load of work!

Just tried it. It works as well as you’d expect. Depending on what earphones you’re using, volume is controlled both on system and on the earphones. I thought it was pretty quiet to begin with and then used the volume up on the earphones themselves (B&O E8’s). I imagine this may vary depending on what you’re using.

I’m using a pair I haven’t synced to my phone yet, I guess if you’re using a pair synced to your phone you’d have to turn Bluetooth off briefly to link them to your Genki.

Pull the Genki out and then put it back in and it resyncs pretty quick, too.

You can pair two sets of earphones (haven’t tested this yet).

Haven’t tested the microphone (it comes with a tiny mic you plug into the audio jack to pick up your voice for supported games with IN GAME voice chat like Fortnite.)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

@Strafe The USB stick looks so sad :( 

It should be. One of the plastic clips holding it in place snapped pretty easy, as did one of the clips for the stand (the long thing on the left). That’s really my only complaint.

Very late to the party, but I bought myself a switch for Christmas. Currently playing through Mario Odyssey and regretting being due in work tomorrow. Am torn between reading/watching everything there is about the console, and keeping my blinkers on and enjoying the suprises :D

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, velma said:

Very late to the party, but I bought myself a switch for Christmas. Currently playing through Mario Odyssey and regretting being due in work tomorrow. Am torn between reading/watching everything there is about the console, and keeping my blinkers on and enjoying the suprises :D

Zelda.

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Zelda.

I might have bought myself that too :D Going to try and play one game at a time.... I've not played Zelda since link to the past on the SNES!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, velma said:

I might have bought myself that too :D Going to try and play one game at a time.... I've not played Zelda since link to the past on the SNES!

I wish I could play it for the first time ever again, Oddesey then Zelda is just an incredible line up and my fave two games ever made :wub:

• Upvote 1

:wub: I looked at the bundles available, they were shit (all good ones sold out, Id decided to buy one two days before Christmas) and then decided F it, no value in buying cheaper games I don't want and I found myself in Argos with a switch, + mario + Zelda + controller. 

It was not sensible but I'm very happy! 

• Upvote 9

I had some vouchers for game today as a birthday present so I thought "Fuck it I'll spend them on eshop cards" So off I toddle to game and walk into a very busy store. As quite surprising as that was the biggest surprise was seeing quite a few people, kids mainly, buying the Gamecube smash controllers. Never thought I'd see Gamecube controllers selling so well!

So with my vouchers, I got Civ 6, Celeste, Grim fandango. Not a bad line up of fun to come!

Apologies if this has already been asked numerous times.

We are now a two Switch household and wondering if I can link accounts.

I've setup my daughter's with her own account but could I still create a new user on her Switch, link it to my own account and let her access my download content without screwing up my own switch account? (And still let her access anything in her own)

It doesn't seem very well explained online and I'm scared of buggering things up.

Yes. It’s not particularly well explained but works fine. On her switch create her user and link it with the same user details she has currently on your Switch.

on your Switch, select her profile in the eshop, and deregister it as the primary console for her account. 

On her swtich, add a new user with your details. She’ll be able to play your games on her console provided she does it as ‘you’.

Only caveat is that to play a game as you on her switch she needs to be connected to the internet.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Can you use GameCube controllers to play any game on the switch if you get that adaptor I've heard so much about?

I think they’ll work but you won’t have a L1 button or L3 or R3. The triggers will also have to be depressed fully (I think).

If you don’t mind not having Rumble, the Power A wireless Gamecube pad solves all of that.

7 hours ago, scottcr said:

Yes. It’s not particularly well explained but works fine. On her switch create her user and link it with the same user details she has currently on your Switch.

on your Switch, select her profile in the eshop, and deregister it as the primary console for her account. 

On her swtich, add a new user with your details. She’ll be able to play your games on her console provided she does it as ‘you’.

Only caveat is that to play a game as you on her switch she needs to be connected to the internet.

That's worked a treat.. cheers

• Upvote 1

On 27/12/2018 at 19:51, Strafe said:

Sorry, had a load of work!

Just tried it. It works as well as you’d expect. Depending on what earphones you’re using, volume is controlled both on system and on the earphones. I thought it was pretty quiet to begin with and then used the volume up on the earphones themselves (B&O E8’s). I imagine this may vary depending on what you’re using.

I’m using a pair I haven’t synced to my phone yet, I guess if you’re using a pair synced to your phone you’d have to turn Bluetooth off briefly to link them to your Genki.

Pull the Genki out and then put it back in and it resyncs pretty quick, too.

You can pair two sets of earphones (haven’t tested this yet).

Haven’t tested the microphone (it comes with a tiny mic you plug into the audio jack to pick up your voice for supported games with IN GAME voice chat like Fortnite.)

Interested to hear more impressions on this the more you use it. How much did it cost you in the end, if you don't mind my asking? Did you have to pay import charges?

Works great. Couldn’t get the microphone to work with Fortnite but that may be settings. Can’t remember how much (went with the package that had a stand and dock adaptor and custom colours) but no customs charges.

• Upvote 1

They are great aren't they. Although, it may have been shortsighted to not have analogue triggers on the switch. It has not been a problem for me but any future racing games may suffer.  I suppose you could use the right thumb stock add accelerate/break. 

9 hours ago, Foxworth said:

Just bought a pro controller. How have I managed so long without it? So comfortable. The joycons are fine but this really is another level.

Yeah I'm always amazed when I hear people saying that the Joy-Cons are fine / the pro controller is unnecessary.

Don't get me wrong I'm sure that they personally do find that to be the case but for me (and I've got average sized hands that work just fine) the Pro Controller is waaaaaay better. 

• Upvote 2