rllmuk
deKay

Nintendo Switch

Here's the post (from ERA) that pricked my ears up....

US codes have to be redeemed by a US region account, but as long as the SKU of the game is the same in the different regions (most US/European are, even some are global) then they'll be counted as bought/re-downloadable for any region after you swap back to your native one.
I've moved my IE account to US region and then back again tons of times (done via Nintendo's Account management website) to buy games cheaply via the US eshop that way. Keep in mind any eShop wallet funds is either voided or prevents you from swapping regions altogether (I forget which it is these days, I always have 0.00 balance).

30 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Thanks for thinking, but I've gone 100% digital - I wanted an eShop discount like the US trumpers got :(

Speaking of which - I've read that if you region switch to say the US, buy something, then region switch back to say the UK - you can download said purchase from the EU servers again (i.e. buy from the US but end up with everything unlocked on one master UK account still)?

This has me interested......anyone know the process and possible pitfalls (I guess you need to make sure you keep a zero credit balance for example)?

Yeah I had a right pain switching back from a US account as they put 1cent on the account (I assume for that very reason).

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Yeah I had a right pain switching back from a US account as they put 1cent on the account (I assume for that very reason).

But when you did switch back, could you then download the US purchases in the the EU account....?

16 hours ago, Strafe said:

Have one of these arriving tomorrow, a Game exclusive I believe, review is pretty positive. Shame there’s no rumble.

Arrived today. Seems alright! Even has an extra unofficial L shoulder button to go with the lack of rumble.

Sticks feel stiff enough for the way I like them oo-er missus.

1 minute ago, Isaac said:

I bought Hyrule Warriors based on the recommendations in this thread. Never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, but hopefully this one is enjoyable.

It's the fucking best.

• Upvote 2

Anyone know if Tesco are still likely to have the £250 deal still available in store or will they all have gone this morning?

I tried calling but they have a recorded message saying they aren’t giving stock status for Black Friday items

4 minutes ago, cubik said:

Anyone know if Tesco are still likely to have the £250 deal still available in store or will they all have gone this morning?

I tried calling but they have a recorded message saying they aren’t giving stock status for Black Friday items

Dunno what the Tesco deal was, but you can still get a neon switch for £249.99 on Amazon right now. 

35 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Dunno what the Tesco deal was, but you can still get a neon switch for £249.99 on Amazon right now. 

I get 10% off at Tesco with a colleague clubcard, so it's the best deal around for me.

I'll pop down later or tomorrow morning to see what's available.

To answer my own question, yes, they still had them in store. Switch + Mario Kart at a bargain price now safely at home.

Now the bad news, it's not for me, it's a present

• Empathy 1

It’s been a tradition for the last 8 years, that my wife has bought me a Nintendo game for Christmas. It might not happen this year :(

These are the previous years:

Spoiler

2010 - Donkey Kong Country Returns

2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

2012 - Paper Mario: Sticker Star

2013 - The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

2014 - Captain Toad

2015 - Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros; Xenoblade Chronicles X

2016 - Paper Mario: Color Splash, Tokyo Mirage Sessions

2017 - Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I’m not a fan of Super Smash Bros, and Super Mario Bros U isn’t out until next year. What else is worth a look? Might have to plump for something a little older, or a 3DS game :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Paulando said:

It’s been a tradition for the last 8 years, that my wife has bought me a Nintendo game for Christmas. It might not happen this year :(

Hide contents

2014 - Captain Toad

I’m not a fan of Super Smash Bros, and Super Mario Bros U isn’t out until next year. What else is worth a look? Might have to plump for something a little older, or a 3DS game :wacko:

Diablo 3. Octopath. DK:TF.

9 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Diablo 3. Octopath. DK:TF.

9 minutes ago, smac said:

Judging by that lot, Zelda BotW.

Assuming you have a Switch. What else do you already have? Edit: @Paulando

Yeah, I have a Switch.

I also own all of those games, apart from Diablo 3. This is why I usually go for a game that’s released around Christmastime, otherwise I’ve usually bought it already :lol:

Diablo 3 might be worth a look, as I’ve never played any of them before. Something to get stuck into on Christmas Day is always good.

7 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Something to get stuck into on Christmas Day is always good.

You'll be stuck into it for the entirety of 2019, no doubt. Proceed with caution.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paulando said:

This is why I usually go for a game that’s released around Christmastime, otherwise I’ve usually bought it already

Ah. You got ARMS? That's usually an afterthought these days. Hyrule Warriors, or did you get it on 3DS/WiiU?

Bunch of credit on a card to buy some Indie games? Not the same as unwrapping a nice game box, mind.

How about The World Ends with You - did you get that on DS? 30 quid on physical release. Disgaea.

Ooh, Katamari Damacy is getting a release in early December...

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Osito said:

Quick question: when downloading from the eShop, can you choose whether the file downloads to the internal storage or the SD card?

No. If there is an SD card inserted, Switch will use it first.

2 hours ago, Paulando said:

Hide contents

2014 - Captain Toad

ALBW is 5 years old?! Fuck. 

Should go back and replay it. What an awesome experience. 

Anyway, go get Mario Party. Perfect for Christmas.

21 hours ago, Isaac said:

I bought Hyrule Warriors based on the recommendations in this thread. Never played a Dynasty Warriors game before, but hopefully this one is enjoyable.

Let me know within the next few days whether you enjoy it as someone who also hasn't played one of these games before.  Using my gold points I can get it for £28. So on the edge of dipping in. I know delay played it lots with his child and my son loves fighting in Zelda so...