Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Anyway, I see Owlboy is in the sale. I seem to remember it getting good reviews from websites but then people saying it was a bit shallow. Anyone care to comment? Did Edge like it?

Edge gave it a 7. I gave it an Edge 6 ;)

It’s beautiful and a labour of love but it’s a bit repetitive and I personally found it a bit muddled. That said it gets lots of great reviews and I should get back to it but it’s sitting at the bottom of a big pile of games right now that I just don’t have enough time for.

41 minutes ago, g wings said:

Edge gave it a 7. I gave it an Edge 6 ;)

It’s beautiful and a labour of love but it’s a bit repetitive and I personally found it a bit muddled. That said it gets lots of great reviews and I should get back to it but it’s sitting at the bottom of a big pile of games right now that I just don’t have enough time for.

Like @g wings said, it's wonderful-looking and I was really excited to play it but, in the end I thought it was a bit boring. :(

Thanks @g wings and @ilpostino for your opinions, although I have just disregarded them entirely and bought the game anyway! I couldn't resist the pixel art and music, and I had some credit left over so it only cost me three quid in the end. If it turns out to be crap then I'll come back here and eat humble pie ;)

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Thanks @g wings and @ilpostino for your opinions, although I have just disregarded them entirely and bought the game anyway! I couldn't resist the pixel art and music, and I had some credit left over so it only cost me three quid in the end. If it turns out to be crap then I'll come back here and eat humble pie ;)

Let me know how you go. Like I said I want to love it and need to give it another go. One day!...

2 hours ago, deKay said:

Broforce is coming to the Switch!

OK so it has been around for ages and the framerate is a shonky mess even on the PS4 but it's a good game!

I had to stop playing it because of all the bugs. Did they ever fix the bug where you couldn't shoot at the beginning of the level? So many deaths because of it.

13 minutes ago, SMD said:

I had to stop playing it because of all the bugs. Did they ever fix the bug where you couldn't shoot at the beginning of the level? So many deaths because of it.

Not while I played it. Or the one that lets you kill Satan but then nothing happened. Or the one that lets you inside the giant alien snake boss.

16 hours ago, deKay said:

Broforce is coming to the Switch!

OK so it has been around for ages and the framerate is a shonky mess even on the PS4 but it's a good game!

Broforce is fantastic and I never see it talked about. It arrived on PS+ ages ago and we still play it regularly.

4 hours ago, bradigor said:

If Taito are doing collections... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE... Puzzle Bobble Collection...(with bonus Puzznic ;) )

Had the surprise of my life first time I played Puzznic on MAME. :wacko: I certainly didn't remember that part of it on the Amiga... Rather soured my happy memories of the conversions, TBH.

Finally got a Switch. Picked up:

- Battle Chasers: Nightwar

- Hollow Knight

- Streetfighter 30th Anniversary

- Garou: Maro of the Wolves.

Next up:  

- Zelda: BOTW

- Mario Kart 8

It’s a neat wee system and I’ve not even plugged it into the TV yet.

Right i'm going down South for my holiday next week stuck in a caravan for the family as I'm skint :( Any suggestions on cheaper games to buy on the eshop to take with?

I have the following so far -

Minecraft

Zelda

Oceanhorn

Battlechasers Nightwar

Golf story

Stardew valley

Octopath traveller has been ordered but won't get here in time :( We go Saturday

I'm seeing if I can get Ys through my boomerang rentals but if it don't turn up on time I could do with one or 2 additional games to keep me entertained when no one wants to go out (which is inevitable)

Just now, Luseth said:

Right i'm going down South for my holiday next week stuck in a caravan for the family as I'm skint :( Any suggestions on cheaper games to buy on the eshop to take with?

I'm seeing if I can get Ys through my boomerang rentals but if it don't turn up on time I could do with one or 2 additional games to keep me entertained when no one wants to go out (which is inevitable)

Don't Die Mr Robot

What's good for single player for the plane and a week of potentially rubbish wi-fi? I've already done Odyssey, and probably shouldn't get Zelda because I've done almost all of it on Wii U. I don't really like (J)?RPGs otherwise I suspect it would be easy.

To answer both @Luseth and @Mr Cochese:

West of Loathing

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

Fairune Collection

FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS

Rogue Aces

Slime-san

Thimbleweed Park

Axiom Verge

Golf Story

Vostok Inc

Blaster Master Zero

Mighty Gunvolt Burst

Stardew Valley

Picross S

SteamWorld Dig 2

Sonic Mania

18 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

What's good for single player for the plane and a week of potentially rubbish wi-fi? I've already done Odyssey, and probably shouldn't get Zelda because I've done almost all of it on Wii U. I don't really like (J)?RPGs otherwise I suspect it would be easy.

Mario + Rabbids - it's awesome.

1 minute ago, Luseth said:

Cheers all for the suggestions, will have a nose through when I get home tonight and see if any have demos and take a look at the dreaded youtube site :)

Vostok Inc has a demo but frankly, if you're going to download that you may as download the game because once you start playing you'll have to anyway.