deKay

Nintendo Switch

So I woke up this morning, was all happy as I had ordered the Wii U version of Zelda "That'll do me rightly, pah who needs a Switch!" but after randomly checking my local Argos and noticing everything I would get was in stock I fuckin crumbled and spent over £400 in an instant on the new machine, pro controller, Zelda and a microsd card. :lol:

Anyway so far the machine itself is really lovely, I'm very impressed with it.  The Pro controller itself is pretty fucking awesome too, really impressed by the ergonomics of it and it feels much better than the Wii U Pro controller.  Zelda controls great with it.  I've not had much time with Zelda yet (family obligations) but liking what I'm seeing so far, really can't wait to dig in more.

I have noticed one thing though, has anyone had any trouble downloading the Snipperclippers demo ?  It starts downloading and then a bit of the way in it starts flashing on the home screen with an x in the download bar.  When I then click on it it says problems accessing the microsd card.  I tried testing the microsd card with taking pictures during zelda and it had no problems with/managing the screenshots that but I know there's a big difference between that and downloading a load of data.  That's literally all I've tried so far though, I haven't bought any digital games yet.  Really hope my microsd card isn't fucked. 

The more I think about Double Dash (or any other GC game) the more I'm bummed out by the fact that it's not on the eShop. Fast RMX looks great of course but I wouldn't mind something a little more casual for when you're running a bloody fever. 

My ludicrous Friend Code is: 8458-3010-6817.

I'm sure it will be useless until Mario Kart arrives.

I've played four matches of Bomberman R online now and the input lag has been very noticeable in every round. The AI is an hilarious shambles too; I watched four of them overlap each other and make the exact same simultaneous decisions for about 30 seconds. Wild. Also the AI never shuts up. It sounds like your wee cousin hammering the taunts in Mario Golf.

• Upvote 1

Just now, polygon_monkey said:

Does any one have the official Nintendo case (this one: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6739557) and is it any good? Thinking I might pick that up as now I have it in the flesh there is no way I'm just chucking it in a bag.

It's great. Double-zipped so easy to slide in and out, or charge while it's still in the case. The screen protector is good too, you don't even notice it's on.

2 minutes ago, Paulando said:

It's great. Double-zipped so easy to slide in and out, or charge while it's still in the case. The screen protector is good too, you don't even notice it's on.

Is it quite a soft case? Or a bit more sturdy to offer good protection? 

Just now, MidWalian said:

Is it quite a soft case? Or a bit more sturdy to offer good protection? 

A bit of both. It's soft, but rigid enough to offer some decent protection.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, the_debaser said:

By the way, get the pro controller if you can afford it. Best controller I have ever used, by some margin. 

That's big talk. 

I'm funny about controllers. What's so nice about it? Is it similar to the Bone's?

Just now, Paulando said:

A bit of both. It's soft, but rigid enough to offer some decent protection.

Giggity. 

• Upvote 1

So finally managed to recover my Nintendo id after forgetting my creds. So help show my switch some love and add me as a friend.

SW-1689-9665-8866

12 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

My ludicrous Friend Code is: 8458-3010-6817.

I'm sure it will be useless until Mario Kart arrives.

I've played four matches of Bomberman R online now and the input lag has been very noticeable in every round. The AI is an hilarious shambles too; I watched four of them overlap each other and make the exact same simultaneous decisions for about 30 seconds. Wild. Also the AI never shuts up. It sounds like your wee cousin hammering the taunts in Mario Golf.

Ive been out most of the day so pardon me, but skimming threads finds a lot of people saying the wifi reception is poor, hope they're false reports.

15 minutes ago, mr_woo said:

So I woke up this morning, was all happy as I had ordered the Wii U version of Zelda "That'll do me rightly, pah who needs a Switch!" but after randomly checking my local Argos and noticing everything I would get was in stock I fuckin crumbled and spent over £400 in an instant on the new machine, pro controller, Zelda and a microsd card. :lol:

Just checked and my local (5 minute drive) argos has fucking everything in stock, console, pro pad, zelda, case.

ARGH.

5 minutes ago, gingerling said:

No mate reports are true. I've got a Vita on full bars with the Switch on 1!

Ah fuck, that's really annoying, can you toggle 5ghz?

So far I'm really enjoying the switch.

Left joycon problem I had earlier is mostly ok now, as long as it has line of sight with the console:

Nintendo has now acknowledged the problem, and suggests you keep the switch away from aquariums and other things:

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-advises-switch-owners-with-joy-con-connectivit-1792952354

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22513/p/897

2 minutes ago, gingerling said:

Actually I've not tried 2.4ghz I will give it a go 

Let us know if you don't mind mate, my purchase is somewhat influenced by this.

8 minutes ago, Napole0n said:

Bit early days to judge if it's 'the best evar', but it's definitely a very good controller. Everything feels just right and it's very comfortable.

All quite genre-dependent too. It looks like they have FPS/Western tastes in mind with the Pro - and I haven't seen any mention of FPS games on the switch, although I haven't had a good look into that. 

It does look like the type of controller I like though. 

3 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

Nintendo has now acknowledged the problem, and suggests you keep the switch away from aquariums and other things:

Simpsons_07_17_P2.jpg?resize=600:*

• Upvote 8

Mine shows 3 bars when very close to the router.   But it still works on the other side of the house as normal so I suspect it's just the algorithm for deciding the number of bars rather than the signal itself.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MidWalian said:

So far I'm really enjoying the switch.

Left joycon problem I had earlier is mostly ok now, as long as it has line of sight with the console:

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-advises-switch-owners-with-joy-con-connectivit-1792952354

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22513/p/897

It's a games console; to sit next to all the other games consoles, wires, speakers, television and all - even so I have it out in the open and the left isn't perfect 2 metres away.

Don't give us advice Nintendo.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Shook said:

All quite genre-dependent too. It looks like they have FPS/Western tastes in mind with the Pro - and I haven't seen any mention of FPS games on the switch, although I haven't had a good look into that. 

It does look like the type of controller I like though. 

The Pro is a nice controller indeed but at £65 it's missing analogue triggers which might mean having to buy yet another controller down the line for certain games.