deKay

Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, bm said:

I'm buying this for the reasons above. I've *never* finished any of them and was always impressed at the progress the Bigger Boys made (Boscombe Pier was where ours was). 

That was the very arcade where I first saw Dragons lair in the wild. You could hear it above all other games in there. 

If this isn't stupid money I'll be getting it again. 

At least even the Switch should handle image quality better than the original arcade (although those cabs were pretty loud, as I recall; edit: what cassidy said).

Some of those old 8-bit ports ... of a laserdisc-based game; why bother?

Oh, wait, I know...marketing!

On 29/06/2018 at 11:59, rgraves said:

I note that 'Masters of Anima' is on sale in the eShop this week at around £11. Did anyone take a punt on it and care to give impressions? It's giving me a faint pikmin vibe, so I'm very tempted....

This is currently 50% off - so £7:99 - in the eShop. Low enough for me to have finally taken a punt - reviews seem to suggest it's decent enough.

I'll report back once I've had chance to actually play it. #publicserviceannouncement

Where’s the fucking January Direct? Been Googling all week and the only places talking about it maybe happening are a bunch of right-wing UK tabloids who are blatantly talking shite <_< 

• Empathy 1

On 09/01/2019 at 11:29, probotector said:

Those yoshi and baddies look amazing though.

we need full sized plushies not amiibo

Japan Only bundle -

yoshi.900x.jpg
Only £163 from Amazon Japan. :p

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

The traditional standard January Direct that we usually always get.

Ok, now go get deKaying the above!

(first Direct was 2011)

Jan 2012: No direct

Jan 2013: 2, one about Pokemon X/Y, one about the Wii U

Jan 2014: South Korea only, basically repeat of the one a few months earlier in other regions

Jan 2015: 3DS/Wii U Direct

Jan 2016: No Direct

Jan 2017: 2 Directs - Switch announcement and Fire Emblem (FE one not shown in Europe)

Jan 2018: Only a Mini Direct - just 5 minutes.

So you're right - "usually always".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Empathy 2

2 hours ago, deKay said:

(first Direct was 2011)

Jan 2014: South Korea only, basically repeat of the one a few months earlier in other regions

Jan 2017: 2 Directs - Switch announcement and Fire Emblem (FE one not shown in Europe)

I knew I could count on you, ya mad wee cunt :hat:

• Upvote 7

Planning on taking my switch on a long haul flight next month, pretty sure when I took it last time the AC adapter didn't charge my console.

Are the battery packs out there any good or has anyone got any advice how I can keep playing? :)

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

Planning on taking my switch on a long haul flight next month, pretty sure when I took it last time the AC adapter didn't charge my console.

Are the battery packs out there any good or has anyone got any advice how I can keep playing? :)

I have this one and have road tested it on more than one Trans Atlantic  flight

Works a treat

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1

• Upvote 1

Whilst I'm here too, I've seen the flip grip - is that an import from the states product? 

And also the joy cons with a proper d pad? thinking for NSMB

2 hours ago, deKay said:

(first Direct was 2011)

I actually read the words this time. Fucking right, even with that info. “Usually always”. Ya fuckin wank.

• Upvote 5

I have the Anker PowerCore II 10000 and couldn't live without it on my travels. Its only 10000mAh so is airline approved, and okay to pack in your carry-on luggage.

I would advise buying direct from Anker (or their official ebay) because you get a 12 month guarantee, and a replacement if there's any sort of fault. Unfortunately for me I found out about this after having owned an original PowerCore for 11 months, which then suddenly stopped taking a charge. :facepalm:

No big deal cause its only £30, but this time I went direct, just for peace of mind.  ;)

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

I've got the 28,000 version of the above and endorse this post.

Think the maximum now permitted on aircraft is 27k. Depends if the airport security pick up on it I suppose. 

12 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

I have this one and have road tested it on more than one Trans Atlantic  flight

Works a treat

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&amp;psc=1

Just a friendly heads up that whilst the Anker ones are spot on, for some reason they (well at least my 10000 one) don't / won't charge the Pro Controller. Not too much of a problem if you know about it as if charged before you go away it lasts for about a zillion hours but I found it a bit odd as did Anker when I called their customer support. I've also got a 10K Aukey one and that does charge it.

• Upvote 1

I got my flip grip today and what a great little thing it is, so simple and yet perfect! Now then, I bought it because I liked the idea but have no real idea what to play - I’ve downloaded the pinball fx3 and seems fun but what games should I go for? I’ve never really played shooters so any recommendations for one to start with!?

Next question, if you subscribe to Nintendo online do you get access to all the previous games or just from when you sub onwards?

On 11/01/2019 at 14:49, cassidy said:

That was the very arcade where I first saw Dragons lair in the wild. You could hear it above all other games in there. 

If this isn't stupid money I'll be getting it again. 

£17.99.

My recollection of the few quid I was robbed of by Dragon's Lair as a kid is that it had approximately zero enjoyable gameplay. Why pay 18 quid for that? You may as well watch it on Youtube:

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, Benji said:

I just landed from a long flight. The USB socket managed to charge my switch without problems using my phone cable. It was pretty slow but I played some less power hungry games like hollow knight for a total of about 4 hours and managed to end the flight with 85% charge left. 

4 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

I got my flip grip today and what a great little thing it is, so simple and yet perfect! Now then, I bought it because I liked the idea but have no real idea what to play - I’ve downloaded the pinball fx3 and seems fun but what games should I go for? I’ve never really played shooters so any recommendations for one to start with!?

Next question, if you subscribe to Nintendo online do you get access to all the previous games or just from when you sub onwards?

Danmaku Unlimited is a really good vertical scroller and is fairly new player friendly. 

• Upvote 3