deKay

Nintendo Switch

36 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Coming to Switch later as well. :omg:

Had my eye on this for some time, wonder how long after May 29th Switch will get it? 

It's ok but the rubberband AI is infuriating once you get past easy difficulty and the track design is a bit flat. Not a patch on its inspiration but it's not terrible.

Not really, no. It feels like a mobile game in terms of controls and mechanics, pretty simplistic. It doesn't have the inertia or flow or weight of Wipeout, simple as that. It does feel fast and looks pretty good but it's not fun.

There are also a load of balance issues and rubber banding and stuff and mad difficulty spikes. Not worth it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

Switch XL then?

I don't get it, if you're going to go to all that trouble why not just plug it into a small telly 2ft away from you? It's hardly still portable if you have to rest it on your lap to play it anyway. 

Its a no from me.  

Good thing with that setup is you can use it for any console (even using the joycons) so a portable PS4pro, Xbox One X etc. Seems entirely pointless for Switch though.

7 hours ago, VN1X said:

Coming to Switch later as well. :omg:

What a strange trailer. "Here's what you do in the game. Now we're going to build up tension that the game'll change into doing... oh, still the same thing we described initially."

Looks fun though! Should be great for handheld sessions. :)

1 hour ago, Colonel Panic said:

Anyone using a Melopow Switch to HDMI adapter since the latest bout of Switch firmware updates?

I read online that some 3rd party docks are damaging Switches now!!

Ive not dared to plug mine in again yet...

I'm just waiting for somebody else to confirm it still works - I believe (seem to remember reading) most of the problems are actually caused by the power input rather than the dock - and I'm using an additional official charger with my M002....so should be OK.

But I'm going to let somebody else be the canary in the cage.

Now that't out (and Mike will get £10 of my money because I didn't get a free code ;) ) can he hurry up with DDMR on Switch. Tell him @Flub tell him NOW!

5 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Now that't out (and Mike will get £10 of my money because I didn't get a free code ;) ) can he hurry up with DDMR on Switch. Tell him @Flub tell him NOW!

I know the release date but I'm not allowed to say until it's 100% in stone. You shouldn't be waiting long though. As far as I'm aware it's done and has passed cert with Nintendo

Just now, Flub said:

I know the release date but I'm not allowed to say until it's 100% in stone. You shouldn't be waiting long though. As far as I'm aware it's done and has passed cert with Nintendo

That makes me

DDMR.png.d4a569ef36e74a3f439d23abf08fcf3e.png

11 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Just set this up and it works perfectly. Thanks very much. My wife walked in on me playing prostrate Skyrim. I asked, boldly, "Are you impressed?" She said she felt sad. 

I also have one and can lie in bed playing outlast 2, 2 joycons in either hand by my sides, shitting myself.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rgraves said:

I'm just waiting for somebody else to confirm it still works - I believe (seem to remember reading) most of the problems are actually caused by the power input rather than the dock - and I'm using an additional official charger with my M002....so should be OK.

But I'm going to let somebody else be the canary in the cage.

Mine’s an M001 and I’m the same, I use an official AC adapter but way too chicken to try it out. 

Will update at some point!

• Empathy 1

On 10/04/2018 at 22:45, xtremeboat said:

I bought this for an iPad Mini and it works great with the Switch. Playing Rocket League horizontally is life changing

This changes everything. While playing undocked I've been resting the Switch on a shoe box. 

Now I can clamp it to a shoe box!

Cheers for the recommendation. 

• Upvote 1