JohnC

Top Gun: Maverick

I don’t think they funded it, but there was a lot of cooperation and influence. As is normal for these movies with real military, the studio did have to pay substantial costs per hour for planes flying outside of normal operations. 

Looking at wiki, they paid up to $7,800 per hour to shoot a plane flying just for the movie. And $25,000 to steer the aircraft carrier a certain direction in relation to the sun for 5 minutes. 

Call me an optimist but I’m looking forward to hearing progress on this.

The big question though is, can the soundtrack be even a tenth as awesome as the original?

• Upvote 4

This guy is a fucking machine, does he ever stop working.

Does the CoS need his money that badly.

He needs to make enough money to get to the very top of Scientology and access the final truth about Thetans, Xenu and all that. Though most of us probably realise it without paying anything.

• Upvote 5

If someone had told me in 1985, we would be getting “Top Gun 2” and “Boba Fett the movie” - I would have thought it was an amazing idea.

The problem is I would have been ten. And ten year olds are full of shit ideas.

• Upvote 5

I'm really looking forward to this. 

5 hours ago, gizmo1990 said:

The big question though is, can the soundtrack be even a tenth as awesome as the original?

Even if it's only 1% as good, it'll still be the best soundtrack this century. :)

• Upvote 1

I can't believe they'd let him do this in a jet, but if anyone can, I guess Tom can. Damn impressive tho. He must own his own insurance company!

• Upvote 1

Really looking forward to hearing an outline of the story for this. I hope it’s not some bs about Cruise mentoring younger pilots and we have to sit through a couple of hours of people I’m not interested in. I want to see Tom Cruise looking super cool, baking hot temperatures and even hotter jet fighters. That’s it, I don’t give a shit about a younger generation. Hopefully it’s called Maverick for a reason.

• Upvote 2

I haven't seen Top Gun in many, many years (I'm thinking early 90s) but thinking about that intro still gives me goosebumps!

I miss Tony Scott :( 

• Upvote 5

Kelly McGillis quit acting and opened a restaurant in the Florida keys. I had key lime pie there. It wasn't very nice. 

DANGER ZONE

Also, Kelly McGillis... time has not been kind. :(

kelly-mcgillis-bio.jpg

Well, that's not true. She's a pretty standard looking sixty year old woman, I'd say, but compare her to how Tom Cruise looks now, which is essentially the same as he always has, and I'm not sure we can claim Scientology is all nonsense! That or millions of dollars and good plastic surgery. 

• Upvote 2

On 31/05/2018 at 17:55, gizmo1990 said:

I can't believe they'd let him do this in a jet, but if anyone can, I guess Tom can. Damn impressive tho. He must own his own insurance company!

In a way its sad that they have to release videos like this because otherwise everyone will just think...'the green screen & CGI with him in the helicopter, looked so real'

• Upvote 2

On 08/06/2018 at 08:31, womblingfree said:

31DACCBC-0535-4132-9627-1ACDDA22082E.jpeg

But this is a normal, average look for a 50 something man. Tom Cruise is the freaky looking 50 something.

• Upvote 2

I had to look that up, procedure due to throat cancer, apparently. Be interesting to see what role they can devise for him.

On 30/06/2015 at 09:33, super_quincy said:

No Tony Scott....... No F-14 tomcats ...... The original was a product of its time. This will be a waste of time

Upon seeing the teaser  image on twitter last week.... I must admit to being a little excited...

Goose's son will be in it, also named Goose. There's a shortlist for who plays him, Nicholas Hoult, Glen Powell and Miles Teller competing for the part.