Xbox One backwards compatibility - It's finished. No more releases.

I think it's incredible honestly. I never got it back in the day so was very happy to see it there. It's a billion times better than NBA playgrounds. It's got that NBA Jam feel to it. It's only a fiver too. 

7 hours ago, Dudley said:

Yes, I could call up that site and navigate that list every single time I want to play a game.

Or I could just write the list and put it with the games.

Ah.

i keep my bc and non-bc games separate.

Wow, as a new Xbox One X owner I had absolutely no idea that the BC actually improves some of the titles available on the system.

This has just sold me on SSX3 and Skate 3, for example:

Two of my favourite games ever, now better than ever. :wub:

2 hours ago, Isaac said:

Wow, as a new Xbox One X owner I had absolutely no idea that the BC actually improves some of the titles available on the system.

This has just sold me on SSX3 and Skate 3, for example:

Two of my favourite games ever, now better than ever. :wub:

Skate 3's on offer at the moment too: https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/Product/Skate-3/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454108e6

Dead Space 3 is definitely worth a run-through, it hosts one of the best set-pieces of the series*, when you get to... 

jetpack around the spaceship graveyard[/spoiler]

(*ymmv on that obv!) 

It is more action thriller than survival horror though. 

(Edit: no idea what the hell's happened with this spoiler tag) 

With upscaling on the X, is it not simply returning those games to their native PC forms, before they were downgraded to recover framerates on the 360? So more the result of lifting imposed caps than magically upgrading old engines?

It's impressive either way, and shows that future-hardware unlocks are a good idea.

7 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

Last time I played a BC game on the Xbox One, the instant on feature didn't work for them. So you'd have to launch the game every time.

Turned it on today to resume playing Bad Company 2 and there it was, still loaded. Did something change?

There must have been an update. I’ve been playing Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed the past few days and noticed the above. I think it’s to do with logging into Xbox Live - Achievements earned on 360 no longer seem to sync instantaneously.

8 hours ago, Escaped said:

With upscaling on the X, is it not simply returning those games to their native PC forms, before they were downgraded to recover framerates on the 360? So more the result of lifting imposed caps than magically upgrading old engines?

It's impressive either way, and shows that future-hardware unlocks are a good idea.

No, a lot of assets were just higher quality than the 360 could do justice to at lower resolutions.

9 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

Last time I played a BC game on the Xbox One, the instant on feature didn't work for them. So you'd have to launch the game every time.

Turned it on today to resume playing Bad Company 2 and there it was, still loaded. Did something change?

I played through Saints Row 3 recently (maybe a month) and it was basically a coin toss everytime.

• 1 month later...

Microsoft have detailed their backwards compatibility plans for the Series X going forward.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/05/28/xbox-series-x-next-generation-backward-compatibility/

With all of the additional power and advancements of the Xbox Series X, the compatibility team now has a veritable playground of new capabilities to innovate and push the limits of game preservation and enhancement. The compatibility team has invented brand new techniques that enable even more titles to run at higher resolutions and image quality while still respecting the artistic intent and vision of the original creators. We are also creating whole new classes of innovations including the ability to double the frame rate of a select set of titles from 30 fps to 60 fps or 60 fps to 120 fps.

Nice to see they're still working on improving their older stuff. 

• 2 months later...

A load of delisted games seem to have been made available again. Pure, Midnight Club, Fuel and Silent Hill: Downpour are all available for sale digitally once again. There's probably more, but Driver: San Francisco isn't among them. :(

Seems like it's a mistake and the games are being pulled one by one. I managed to grab Silent Hill, Pure and Motocross Madness before they vanish into the ether. They're downloading to my console now.