rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Do 71

Unravel

I thought that this looked very sweet. Definitely the highlight of the EA conference for me and can't wait to see more of Yarnie. :)

looks lovely but it will be 100% down to how the character feels to move around. More fantastic Limbo, less horrid LittleBigPlanet.

and if he gets knitted into an unwanted scratchy jumper at the end I'll punch someone

• Upvote 1

Felt bad for the guy who got on stage to reveal it, he had stage fright and was shaking.

He was doing the best "Richard from Silicon Valley" impression I have seen so far.

• Upvote 1

£9.60 on Canadian store plus 10% EA Access discount takes it under £8.

I can imagine it'll go in the vault pretty sharpish too.

It will end with Yarny unravelling himself completely to save a cute woodland creature and everyone will have EMOTIONS.

But then how will EA be able to make the inevitable sequel that it always does?

But then how will EA be able to make the inevitable sequel that it always does?

The woodland creature will return the loose thread to the old woman at the start and she'll knit a whole Yarny family.

Was bought before I even finished the first level - it's stunning. Up there with Ori for audio/visual. The little intro brings the feels big time. Even in the first level there are a couple of puzzles that can leave you scratching your head unless you're paying attention to what you're being taught and the environment.

Played the first level and apparently it took me 23 minutes.

It's very twee and quite dull. Hope the second level improves on the puzzles.

Don't know how this got funding out of EA.

Only a few hours in, but I'm finding it kind of infuriating.
I don't mind dying lots of times if it's done in the right way - Ori & The Blind Forrest saw me perish 900 times before completing it, and I've got nothing but happy memories of that, but Unravel has an annoying habit of repeated death scenes caused by the typical problems you get from physics platformers - that's fair enough, but the slow fade to death and slow restarts really start to grind.

I dunno. I don't want to be too harsh on it because it has lots to love, but dammit I wish it was less frustrating.

On 2/4/2016 at 3:18 PM, Mr Do 71 said:

Lovely looking game, but I've had enough of the music by level 2.

Oh yeah, this. Don't like the music at all.