Keyboard Koala

Final Fantasy VII Remake - RubberJohnny: "It's going to be a clusterf*** that kills the series."

logo.jpg

Teaser trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

PSX 2015 Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It is being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII.

The game will be directed by Tetsuya Nomura, with a scenario written by Kazushige Nojima, and will be a timed PS4 exclusive.

Official Japanese site:

http://ffvii-remake.square-enix.com/

Didn't Square-Enix once claim that they'd never do such a thing?

I think they did, but that doesn't really matter now.

It's going to be a clusterfuck that kills the series.

• Upvote 1

quvDG9f.jpg

Nothing more is known about it at the moment, except that it's really happening.

Didn't Square-Enix once claimed that they'd never do such a thing?

Money talks in the end!

Good news though of course. I've not played it for years so I'd certainly buy it.

quvDG9f.jpg

Nothing more is known about it at the moment, except that it's (allegedly) really happening.

Didn't Square-Enix once claimed that they'd never do such a thing?

Don't do this to me. It's bad enough with Yu being so close to E3 right now. Don't do this!

Bit more info - seems truly, really happening:

The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It is being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII.
(And no, this isn’t the Final Fantasy VII port for PlayStation 4 that was previously announced by Square.)

Release date late 2017 then.

Please stop, I can only handle so much disappointment!

(Does this mean they believe that FF14 and FF15 are better than 7? Given how they wouldn't make it until they could beat it.)

This hot scoop came from some no-name blog I'd never even heard of.

Shenmue 3, Occulus Rift exclusive, 800 hours long, comes with special forklift controller. Pass this on to all of your friends and give Rllmuk more clicks during E3.

• Upvote 3

So the Playstation conference now has The Last Guardian, Shenmue and FFVII Remastered rumoured to be making an appearance. If even one of those turn out to be true... :omg: If all of them do. Well, I don't think I could take it.

Giant Bomb have gone over how a full blown remake of FFVII wouldn't be financially viable for SE lots of times in the podcast. Let alone if they limit sales by making it tied to one platform. If this does make an appearance, which I doubt, then it would be more likely to be what RJ says as opposed to this ludicrously expensive über game people have created in their heads over the years. Happy to eat crow if I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

Sony are actually the ones behind all the PSN hacks and have been siphoning the funds to an off shore bank account to fund development of FFVII Definitive Edition.

Jack Tretton, wait he's gone isn't he, that bloke who looks like a mid-level mafioso who they use now then, will come out and show a brief clip which looks amazing and then go 'Unfortunately we had to halt development due to Pockets, hope you're proud of yourself'.

• Upvote 2

The need to get a PS4 is suddenly becoming more apparent.

*Judges thread reaction to FFVII after not reading them initially.

The need to get a PS4 can wait a bit longer

But on a serious note, it is quite interesting, however so much expectation rests on this title that I can't imagine they would do a re-make without really putting in a huge amount of thought and effort. I don't particulaly follow what SE do these days though so what do I know.

I know one thing though, I've been waiting for a re-master of XII as I still haven't played it yet despite owning it over the last few years. (bought from here actually). The X/X2 collection came out shortly after I finished with that series so I knew I'd not be getting involved with the upgrade for a good while at least anyway (if at all), and if XII is anywhere near around the corner, I'd prefer to play the update of that. The negative for me though is that I don't own a Vita or a PS4 and can't imagine it coming out on the PS3 now.

Would people really want a remake of VII?

It's one of my favourite games of all time and I'd certainly play it but I'm not sure enhanced visuals and spoken dialogue will help the game that much. It'd certainly shine an interesting light on the whole Cloud dresses up as a woman and is one of three people to nearly get sexually assaulted by a fat dude sequence.

They should remake 6 and 12 first.

Yep - I didn't give 12 enough of a chance when it came out and would to play it again but I had to dismantle my SD corner to make space for a PS4. :( Wrong decision really.