HDD Free Space - 45GB
GPU - NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1080 8GB
DirectX - 11
Internet Connection - 512Kbps or faster

Post Release Impressions Start Here

Videos

• Upvote 6

Great news,

Such a fun game. Despite the smart pistols..

smart pistols are useless, takes forever to get a lock. good news, ace game.

• Downvote 3

smart pistols are useless, takes forever to get a lock. good news, ace game.

It doesn't take long enough to lock.

In open areas, just waving the mouse around randomly until a pilot is located will then lock said pilot before he can reach cover.

• Upvote 1

It doesn't take long enough to lock.

In open areas, just waving the mouse around randomly until a pilot is located will then lock said pilot before he can reach cover.

this isnt true at all man, their range is weak and it takes about 3 seconds for the 3x xhairs to line up and lock for a pilot. theyre only useful for farming grunts.

I think it's down to which platform you're playing. Smartpistols are a extremely frustrating on PC because the controls make it far easier to jump around like a loon.

Becoming a successful smart pistol pilot is pretty tricky. When I switched my kills went up a bit but my deaths went up even more. You have to get pretty close and the sound is such a giveaway.

Anyway. This is great news. Not sure if I'll be able to adapt to PS4 controller (I have TF1 on XB1) but I guess I'll have to as that's where most of the players I know will be.

Titanfall was the Best game of 2014 by a very long shot.

• Upvote 2

They better not dick around with the balance it's damn near as perfect as it is.

My only concern with this is along these lines. They caught lightning in a bottle with TF and it's not uncommon that as sequels come into effect everything is diluted and overplayed. Hopefully not here as the post launch support for TF1 has seen constant improvement through evolving some gameplay elements which is a good sign.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hope TF2 is a massive success for them. They've done a fantastic job supporting and developing on a fantastic game with the original.

You fire it up and it's just fast paced rewarding fun.

• Upvote 2

Titanfall if anything now feels that it was ahead of its time, it looks and plays stunningly still, far better than COD AW, if only it had been multi plat and there had a bigger user base at the start.

I cannot wait to play this on PS4, with a DS4. Day one.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Loving this news. Not exactly a surprise, but still very much welcomed.

The first game was my favourite of last year by some distance, and I'm intrigued to see what they add. Think I might have to play some tonight in celebration!

I can see this being shown at this years E3, with an announcement for release in 2016. For EA it's Hardline then Star Wars Battlefront this year, then Battlefield 5 and Titanfall 2 for next year I'm guessing.

Soon all of their multiplayers titles will converge into one entity and then you'll be taking down Titans from your X-Wings while tanks take care of a zombie horde and pilots jump from car to car shooting plants in the face with their smart pistols.

DLC: new FIFA roster.

Jets fly overhead and smartbomb Ronaldo

I wonder if they'll say anything about the cloud/server stuff that Titanfall uses. I assume there'll be much wringing of hands if it's not going to hosted on Azure again - jutifiably some might say, Titanfall's online experience is excellent.

You do all realise it's most likely years away yet ? Like 2017 or beyond.

I haven't played the first anywhere near enough yet. Boner sesh incoming. Sun/Mon night maybe ?

sun night might be good, yeah.

What I'd like is a multiplayer game which incorporates physics in terms of weather effects. For example have it start snowing at the start of the match and by the end Titans and pilots alike will be kicking up snow and it'll be like a feckin' ninja film son!

• Upvote 1

I'm really hoping they've moved away from the source engine and this one is made entirely from the ground up.

It's not really Source any more though. They completely overhauled it. Regardless, it looks and runs great! Why should they move away from that architecture?

Eh, I'm not sure I'd agree that it looks great. I finally got round to playing it on PC this week and I definitely think it looks a bit dated now. Very much last gen even compared to something like Advanced Warfare (which I played on the PS4). The character animation and models for the "campaign" are laughably bad. In terms of it running great, didn't it have some FPS issues in certain areas even on the Xbox One? I definitely heard that they had a few performance patches. I also heard it's a lot better now but it all looks to me like the game could have done with a bit more polish.

I also hope they get rid of the smart pistol. I haven't played enough to know if it's actually a legit weapon choice but it's still infuriating to die to someone using an auto aim gun. Could they have killed me quicker with a different weapon? Maybe, but at least that would require a bit more effort.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4