rllmuk
Droo

Strange retro topics #1: Mid 1990's pirated PC Games CDs.

On 26/09/2016 at 19:37, Droo said:

I have pretty much all the ISO's now.

IF anyone has space somewhere, I'll upload them.

I know it's been a few years, but maybe you still have the archives. I'd love to get a copy of these. Feel free to PM me.

Sorry for bumping this old thread, the memories are old, like me. lol.
Did any of you guys get handed just the floppy with just the notel list, like Riley posted? I remember the list getting passed around like the informus Cookbook.
Also, did any of the other CD collections have copy protection like Blobby started adding later on? (ironic since it was a pirate disc).

I know this is an old thread, but I am in the process of uploading all my Blobby ISO's to archive.org

I have personally cracked the protection on each one I am uploading, so all work just fine in DOSBOX ECE.

I do have some missing though so if anybody has copies of missing ones could they upload a dump somewhere such as archive, mega etc. Don't worry about them running currently due to copy protection - I will fix/patch it out and re-release working versions free for all in my collection on archive.org.

- Pascal of Irate

• Upvote 1

I've uploaded a number of Blobby's now to archive.org, all with protections removed. 

I'm still after filling in many of the gaps, and other CD's of this era (Voodoo, Playdoh, Tango, Ghost, etc.)

Hoping to create a nice public collection on archive.org.

Anybody who has ISO's of CD's from this era please reply here.

• Upvote 1

Alcohol 120, pretty sure I still have that installed on my machine at home it's just become less and less relevant over the years. Didn't have a PC until early 2000's so missed most of these pirate CD's first time round but did hear about it from mates who had PC's of their own.

I don't have any but huge thanks for archiving what you have.  Like magazine cover CDs it's history we're starting to lose.  One of those aspects of gaming, like regular importing of titles  and "Screenshots from multiple formats" that's just quietly slipped away without us noticing.

Thanks to some donations .... I am currently up to 281 (and I am still uploading now)

Always on the lookout for more .... Hopefully you can find something to entertain yourself on here during these challenging lock-down times.

• Upvote 1