Jump to content

The Sega Dreamcast appreciation thread


Recommended Posts

A friend of mine is writing a book, on Year 2 of the DC. It has a kickstarter. I‘m late with advertising it here, but it only just occurred to me! Some might be interested, no problem if not, obviously!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wev said:

Is there a way to use Dreamcast DLC on ReDream? I'm thinking of stuff like the extra tracks for Samba

I would imagine it’s a save file unlock. See if you can grab the right save and import it into the virtual vmu*
 

* no idea how to do this sorry. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

I would imagine it’s a save file unlock. See if you can grab the right save and import it into the virtual vmu*
 

* no idea how to do this sorry. 

I've found a website with them on, it's the latter part I've no idea on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Parappa said:

According to Eurogamer the DC Mini is possibly on the way! 

 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-10-08-sega-teases-dreamcast-mini


what if it was a “SEGA mini”, with highlights of everything?

 

emulated mechanical games

SG1000

mkIII/master system 

megadrive/cd/32x

saturn

dreamcast 

system 16/32

model 1/2/3

STV

NAOMI

CHOHIRO?

LINDBURG

the other one!

 

?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SeanR said:


what if it was a “SEGA mini”, with highlights of everything?

 

emulated mechanical games

SG1000

mkIII/master system 

megadrive/cd/32x

saturn

dreamcast 

system 16/32

model 1/2/3

STV

NAOMI

CHOHIRO?

LINDBURG

the other one!

 

?

image.png.f7046458770cd751a3a9e496a7da387e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So there are four of these 'native' Atomiswave-to-Dreamcast conversions now:

 

Metal Slug 6

King of Fighters 11

Samurai Shodown 6

Neogeo Battle Coliseum

 

Looking forward to Dolphin Blue and Fist the North Star but also the Atomiswave games I have no prior knowledge of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, StoooTube said:

How do these Atomiswave games compare to their MVS siblings? 

 

I couldn't really say.

 

I've only had a bash on Metal Slug 6 so far and it seems to look and play considerably better than on the PS2 Metal Slug Anthology. 

 

I'm not really a huge fan of some SNK fighters from the peak of the MVS era but understand that some of these post-MVS games are great - especially outside of emulation.

 

This kinda feels like when Triforce arcade games (such as the Namco Mario Karts) were converted to run on GameCubes an Wiis. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2020 at 14:43, StoooTube said:

How do these Atomiswave games compare to their MVS siblings? 


KoF 11 is my favourite KOF game of the lot, including 12-14. It has the usual bullshit boss at the end however. Graphics wise the Atomiswave is capable of effortlessly passing the MVS. Metal Slug 6 is great, better in my opinion than the late releases on the MVS. Sam Sho 6 is stupidly expensive on the Atomiswave, I ended up with a bootleg. I’m not a huge fan of the series, and I personally still think Sam Sho 2 is the best of the bunch. Neo Geo Battle Coliseum is pretty good if you like fighters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2020 at 20:56, spanky debrest said:

 

I couldn't really say.

 

I've only had a bash on Metal Slug 6 so far and it seems to look and play considerably better than on the PS2 Metal Slug Anthology. 

 

I'm not really a huge fan of some SNK fighters from the peak of the MVS era but understand that some of these post-MVS games are great - especially outside of emulation.

 

This kinda feels like when Triforce arcade games (such as the Namco Mario Karts) were converted to run on GameCubes an Wiis. 

 

What DC do you run this on? How's it modded? Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spoonman said:

 

What DC do you run this on? How's it modded? Cheers

 

Japanese DC with a GDEMU clone as a drive replacement.

 

Using GDEMU/MODE/Solid state media delivery seems the way to go for these as the original games were cartridge-based, although I have noticed a .CDi version built for burning to and running from CD already being a thing for King of Fighters 11.

 

I tested out Samurai Shodown 6 last night and was seriously impressed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.