rllmuk
Nespresso

Giant Bomb Fan Club

They do have some weird choices for advertising. 

Though I think I recall Jeff saying at one point that it was important to him that they avoided video game based advertising as much as they possibly could so as to avoid anything that might look shady. I keep that in mind whenever they’re telling you where to go for online prescription dick pills. 

2 hours ago, Faded said:

They do have some weird choices for advertising. 

Though I think I recall Jeff saying at one point that it was important to him that they avoided video game based advertising as much as they possibly could so as to avoid anything that might look shady. I keep that in mind whenever they’re telling you where to go for online prescription dick pills. 

I am a premium member but I always listen to the ad versions of the podcasts because I really enjoy how Vinny and Jeff try to make an ad for big dick erection guarantee sound both fun and casual, and to keep it serious at the same time :lol: True professionals!

• Upvote 3

The current episode of crime crew had me in tears of laughter. At times I couldn't see the screen for them. Man when that game goes wonky it doesn't muck around :)

• Upvote 2

There's a book called Sea of Rust in which the first truly sentient AI spends about an hour talking to humans and ruminating on humanity's position in the universe before realising that we cannot be saved, shutting down all communication and spending the next twenty years planning the hastening of our demise so that AIs can take over the Earth and eventually the rest of the cosmos.  I suspect that interview's going to go along the same lines

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, PK said:

There's a book called Sea of Rust in which the first truly sentient AI spends about an hour talking to humans and ruminating on humanity's position in the universe before realising that we cannot be saved, shutting down all communication and spending the next twenty years planning the hastening of our demise so that AIs can take over the Earth and eventually the rest of the cosmos.  I suspect that interview's going to go along the same lines

Ooo. I didn't realise that's what that book was about. *adds to reading list*

There should be an app that scans the file for Ben when it's released and if he's not on the show it sends a bottle of champagne to your house.

• Upvote 2

I thought Jeff was on fine form this week.  His love for Mario Maker 2 contrasting with his annoyance with Switch/Nintendo dumbness.

Funny start as well.

2 hours ago, ryodi said:

No Ben on this weeks Bombcast which means Jeff can talk about Mario Maker with minimal interruption.

Fanstastic news.  I will actually listen to it.

3 hours ago, dave7g said:

There should be an app that scans the file for Ben when it's released and if he's not on the show it sends a bottle of champagne to your house.

I have a browser add-on that puts a bar on youtube thumbnails showing the number of likes/dislikes. Whenever a Giant Bomb video has at least 30% dislikes I know in advance that Ben is in it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Trumpets said:

Jeff - So I've played some Mario Maker 2 and...

Ben - Mario Maker...more like....Mario....Faker! Am I right?

Jeff - Aw yeah, that guy. Anyway I've been...

Ben - Hurr hurr! We all know Luigi is the REAL Mario brother! Should have called it Luigi Maker!

Jeff - We're a long way from the Year of Luigi now. anyway...

Ben - It would have to be called Luigi Laker though. Mario Maker, Luigi Laker! I wonder which baseball team they both support? Are the Lakers baseball? Hey Jan! Jan! Do you remember the Naruto episode where they played baseball? Who was the guy pitching? With the bandanna? Oh what was his name?

Jan - err, I'm not sure who you mean. It probably doesn't matter.

Ben - I know but...oh what was his name...he was...oh what was it...Makito or something? Mokitu? Nobito? I can't remember, anyway, sorry.

Jeff - Anyway, Mario Maker...

Uncannily good. :lol:

50 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Uncannily good. :lol:

Thanks - I've listened to so much of his inane nonsense now that he lives in my head :wacko:

9 hours ago, Trumpets said:

Thanks - I've listened to so much of his inane nonsense now that he lives in my head :wacko:

I particularly liked Jeff rolling with the awful for a sentence and then trying desperately to move on. Happens every time.

1 hour ago, Eighthours said:

I particularly liked Jeff rolling with the awful for a sentence and then trying desperately to move on. Happens every time.

Yeah that was perfect. Also: calling out Jan to get involved about some anime nonsense, and Jan clearly doesn't want any of it.

The finest example for me was the start of 'Nite 1' from their E3 2019 shows.  After a slightly strange trailer for the Avengers game in Square Enix's press conference which didn't really explain what sort of game it was, Ben was tasked with going to see it, and asked to explain what it was:

I'm sure he's probably a nice guy but he's laughably bad at his job

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1