joffocakes

Street Fighter V Arcade Edition - Sagat arrived in latest patch.

14 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Spoiler tags please gents. It’s tradition. 

There’s no spoilers. It’s all predictions so far. 

Finals:

Is Bipson as safe as he looks during blockstun? I haven't played it for two years, but that matchup seemed like a lottery of hard reads. Blockstun for days, interspersed with yes/no button choices. Some of their preemptive AAs were visibly skilful, but that's done nothing to tempt me back.

Yeah, I found it kinda boring. I don't like either character much, though, and I'm more interested in the characters on screen than the players controlling them.

19 minutes ago, Escaped said:

Finals:

Hide contents

Is Bipson as safe as he looks during blockstun? I haven't played it for two years, but that matchup seemed like a lottery of hard reads. Blockstun for days, interspersed with yes/no button choices. Some of their preemptive AAs were visibly skilful, but that's done nothing to tempt me back.

Bison has a lot of plus frame moves so it’s dangerous to press a button. This allows him to be a bit cheeky and do things which have gaps and get away with it. Problem X also uses EX scissors (which is also plus) to re-close the gap and continue the pressure. This costs meter to do though.

Has Tokido given an honest interview lately?

Bipson's blockstun seemed to negate his excellent footsies, because Prob afforded him so little time to solidify his range before he was forced to commit heavily to avoid more blocking. Button-happy fire with fire looked to be Akuma's best bet, which has never been Tokido's strength.

Problem's space-control to avoid those neutral pokes with ol' Concrete Boots was top-drawer, but at the same time I sensed he might've eaten a few more raggo flipgrabs and the like if Tokido had just thought ‘fuck it’.

Eurogamer have a revealing headline again, luckily I went straight to youtube this morning to watch top 8, although the stream missed off the first match.

Wow, really popped off my sofa for Problem X there.

I've had my hoped up for Sagat and he looks good from the trailer! Loving the costume and actual tiger too. I stupidly spunked most of my fight money on stages last year so I'll either have to grind about 30k from somewhere or just suck it up and give Capcom the money.

Aargh!

Spoiler

Absolutely delighted with the grand finals matchup in terms of characters and players. Was dreading an Abigail onslaught but Bison is so much more fun.

Plus I had a fiver on Problem X to win so I made myself £125. Woo!

Caba was far more solid player than I anticipated. Fujimura was a strange disappointment. Fuudo was amazing but I hate Mika.

Tokido is still my favourite player, though. What a good man. 

Tekken 7 Top 8, particularly the opening match, is well worth watching too.

Looking good gameplay-wise but something about his animation doesn't look quite right, which has been my initial reaction to a few of the season 3 characters. Just me?

44 minutes ago, JLM said:

I love him. Absolutely love him. Those gigantic v trigger 1 fireballs are delightful. 

He's pretty fun, from a quick run through his trials. Gonna take him into ranked tomorrow and see how he feels. He looks like a lanky Bloodborne character.

Strong forward and backward walk animations too, which is important to me. Plus Dan features in his ending.

Less keen on Sagat because I miss his old SFIV standing light kick and the distance he'd gain after landing a throw or EX Tiger shot. Both VTriggers seem fun though.

It's weird to see Sagat's demonstrations explicitly suggest kara-cancelling into Tiger Uppercut from his f+mk. The timing feels generous all the same.

• Upvote 1