Mr Do 71

Aphex Twin

I like it! Not all Aphex stuff really clicks with me but there's some good variety and a few nice sounding grooves in there, and of course there's lots of offbeat beats and bleepy wobbly awesomeness throughout the album (syro u473t8... is hella funky :D ), although it rarely goes full mental. Admittedly one or two tracks didn't really seem like they were going anywhere and some bits felt a bit too random, but I expect I'll like them more after a few listens.

My physical copy arrived today - that long list on the cover folds out about five times for a CD :lol: Also the "case" is about half an inch bigger than most so it really sticks out on the shelf. :P

The fact that he's a Truther depresses me. :(

Same here. It fits his contrary personality I guess and he doesn't actually say how he thinks 911 is a conspiracy (it'd be interesting to know if he did say and this wasn't included in the interview) but it's up there wi Morrissey's proclamations on race relations as far as informed views are concerned really.

New EP coming this month.

Aphex Twin - Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

https://bleep.com/release/56481-aphex-twin-computer-controlled-acoustic-instruments-pt2-ep

Although reported as having 13 tracks, only 4 will have anything of any substance to them...

1. 1 diskhat ALL prepared1mixed 13 5:22
  2. 2 snar2 0:20
  3. 3 diskhat1 2:26
  4. 4 piano un1 arpej 0:50
  5. 5 DISKPREPT4 1:53
  6. 6 hat 2b 2012b 1:25
  7. 7 disk aud1_12 0:09
  8. 8 0035 1-Audio 0:27
  9. 9 disk prep calrec2 barn dance [slo] 4:22
  10. 10 DISKPREPT1 3:30
  11. 11 diskhat2 0:38
  12. 12 piano un10 it happened 1:48
  13. 13 hat5c 0001 rec-4 4:46

Although reported as having 13 tracks, only 4 will have anything of any substance to them...

Probably, although he didn't need time on the drukqs tracks to create something of substance, Kesson Daslef is only 1:18..Bbydhyonchord only needs a few seconds to make you an addict and then only lasts 2:21. Avril 14th at 1:55. Hy a Scullyas Lyf a Dhagrow in 2:09 is one of his best tracks I think. Petiatil Cx Htdui at 2:05. QKThr at 1:27. Btoum-Roumada at 1:56.

At least 8 tracks. I don't expect these to be timeless and well crafted though in the same way, i expect them to be skittish and aimless, I want to be wrong.