The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

2 hours ago, Napole0n said:

Went for a stroll for the first time since accidentally completing it, immediately found one of the remaining 27 shrines. Might get the DLC for the hero's path now.

When you finished it, did you have all the memories? Makes a difference.

Some article said that on Trials of the Sword it saves every recharge level or something? Like the golden floor where you stock up on goodies. Mine doesn't. Got one bitted by a fucking giant goblin thing and went straight back to the start.

The Hero's path is really handy for exploration, letting me see which landmarks & paths I've explored & which I haven't, & combined with the Korok Mask, those seeds are just rolling in.

By the time i'm ready for the Trial of the Sword, I should have Max inventory slots, which should make it just a little bit easier.

DLC bought, Hero's path is amazing, but I agree with others that having to too early on would be a mistake.

I got it at 112 Shrines and have successfully made my way up to 119 (and found a bunch more Koroks) now by investigating areas I'd missed beforehand.

At 119, and having a good idea where the last Shrine might be, I decided to take on the Castle.  I'd been in before, hunting for decent weapons, but not got to Ganon, so yesterday, I sat down and loved every minute of walking though the castle, looking for hidden rooms, collecting strong weapons, and facing Ganon.  Didn't find that final shrine though so either it's not in there, or it's a quest - I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually!

Not found the Korok mask yet. That and the Trial of the Sword are next, probably intermingled with doing the side quests I haven't finished, plus obviously the new DLC quests too.

I haven't rinsed a game fully since PGR 3 on Xbox 360.  I'm not sure I'll make all the Koroks since there are so many (I'm at just under 200 now).  The amazing thing is, that it still feels fresh.  The way I look at it and play has changed so much, from the early moments of wonder, flying over the first Hinox I found, sleeping away as they do, then sneaking up on lynels and using arrows from a distance, to now just running straight at them and taking them on regardless.  it's like Link has matured with the hours I've put in.

Up front, I worried about having all of the abilities, unlike the previous Zelda games, but since you have so much time with them, you evolve with their knowledge - perhaps demonstrated best with Eventide, but apparent throughout.  Man, I love this game!

What does everyone else's path look like?

Mine pretty much covers everywhere. I'm still missing 8 shrines, but I don't really have any empty areas left to look at. I'm just going to have to wander around until the shrine detectors starts bleeping.

IMG_1074.JPG

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

Mine pretty much covers everywhere. I'm still missing 8 shrines, but I don't really have any empty areas left to look at. I'm just going to have to wander around until the shrine detectors starts bleeping.

IMG_1074.JPG

You haven't been everywhere ;)

IMG_0698.thumb.JPG.94318c5a97d47ed062b8ec0f78db3ef2.JPG

What's Nintendo's track record like regarding GOTY editions of their games, with the DLC included, a la Witcher III and Bloodborne? I've got the base game on Wii U but will likely pick up a Switch bat the start of next year and if so I'll rebuy this for it. It'd be nice to get an edition with the DLC for when I come to replay it.

My daughter discovered you can still use Hero's Path if you're in a labyrinth. Makes it easy to check where you've already been and do a systematic search.

I've had a quick go at the trials, got to level nine before falling prey to sloppiness. That one might take a while.

30 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

You'll have to wait for the Switch II with a DX edition. Shouldn't be too long. 4-5 years? Plus then actually getting one of the things what with stock shortages...

You should have it by 2025, 2027 at the latest.

:(

1 hour ago, JPL said:

IMG_1074.JPG

You'd be surprised how large some of those areas that don't have any green in them actually are.  In fact, I can see a few areas that you'll need to go into just to find the EX masks and gear.

1 minute ago, scottcr said:

You'd be surprised how large some of those areas that don't have any green in them actually are.  In fact, I can see a few areas that you'll need to go into just to find the EX masks and gear.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. Crisscrossing all the blank bits to see what I can find.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

IMG_1074.JPG

Well, there are 4 shrines on your map that I can see that you've visited, but not actually completed or are you counting those already? ;)

1 hour ago, Jarik said:

The Hero's path is really handy for exploration, letting me see which landmarks & paths I've explored & which I haven't, & combined with the Korok Mask, those seeds are just rolling in.

I was a bit worried that the Korok mask might make it too easy to find the leafy berks, but you still have to puzzle out where they're hiding and it's just an extra level of convenience.

I always hated Lizalfos*, and after dying to them in the Sword Trial, and losing 10 levels of inventory gathering, I now hate them even more.

* If two identical Lizalfos appear together, I think I'll call them Winklevoss instead.

42 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I was a bit worried that the Korok mask might make it too easy to find the leafy berks, but you still have to puzzle out where they're hiding and it's just an extra level of convenience.

Indeed.  I got a reading just outside Hateno village, but was stumped as I couldn't see anything & was wandering around trying to pinpoint the signal, until i finally remembered all the different ways that Koroks are hidden, & the 'Aha!' Moment when I finally spotted it.

46 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I always hated Lizalfos*, and after dying to them in the Sword Trial, and losing 10 levels of inventory gathering, I now hate them even more.

* If two identical Lizalfos appear together, I think I'll call them Winklevoss instead.

34 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Glad it's not just me. I hate the way they muck about with their distance from you. There was a particular one toting a lightning bow who really annoyed me in one of the EX piece areas.

FYI, Spears are the weapon you want to be using against the Lizalfos. I switch up my weapon type dependent on enemy. 

The Lizalfos dart about like mad-cunts so using the spear against them and mashing attack will stun-lock them and stop them running around. I always have a Spear on me.