The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

revlob

Someone should change the thread title to say "v1.3.0" which is the current version that came with DLC Pack 1.

Also, I've dumped my game and have been using this emulator called CEMU to play it (only works if you own the Wii U version of the game, not Switch).  The framerate is kinda "meh" though.. but it's certainly playable, and even more beautiful to boot.

My monitor is 1080p so I set it to render in 1440p and downscale to 1080p.  And added this thing called a "graphics pack" that alters the colors and contrast a bit, so they don't look all grayish.

Here's a couple of screenshots:

CEMU_07.01.2017_-_14.39.09.09.png

CEMU_06.30.2017_-_16.10.16.07.png

Master Mode is hard. At least, it is when you first come out of the Shrine of Resurrection and the first enemy you meet takes 1 heart per attack and burns through your entire weapon stock. I hope it remains this challenging.

Haven't got to the Trial of the Sword yet (because I can't draw it yet) & it's my understanding that the more Health/Stamina Upgrades & Empty Inventory slots you can start it with the better, so I think I'll give it a shot once I max out the Stamina Wheel & have filled out the top row of hearts (15).

In the meantime, I quite enjoyed the little Treasure hunt that's added for the new Armor pieces.  Just little hints that point you in the right direction, but the rest is up to you.  I must say though, even though the Korok mask is very handy & I've already found 2 that I'm kicking myself for not seeing the Hints to their presence before (Kakariko, Arrows, enough said) the actual hiding place of the mask seems like a bit of a cheat.  Was it always possible to go off the path like that?

2 hours ago, Jarik said:

Haven't got to the Trial of the Sword yet (because I can't draw it yet) & it's my understanding that the more Health/Stamina Upgrades & Empty Inventory slots you can start it with the better, so I think I'll give it a shot once I max out the Stamina Wheel & have filled out the top row of hearts (15).

In the meantime, I quite enjoyed the little Treasure hunt that's added for the new Armor pieces.  Just little hints that point you in the right direction, but the rest is up to you.  I must say though, even though the Korok mask is very handy & I've already found 2 that I'm kicking myself for not seeing the Hints to their presence before (Kakariko, Arrows, enough said) the actual hiding place of the mask seems like a bit of a cheat.  Was it always possible to go off the path like that?

Can you give me a subtle hint on the location of the Korok mask?

I've wandered around the entrance area to the Lost Woods looking for a chest in a tree, but every time I go too far out of bounds it annoyingly warps me back to the start. Am I in the right area, or have I misunderstood the clues?

13 minutes ago, JPL said:

Hide contents

I've wandered around the entrance area to the Lost Woods looking for a chest in a tree, but every time I go too far out of bounds it annoyingly warps me back to the start. Am I in the right area, or have I misunderstood the clues?

From the entrance follow the flames until you reach two together, light the wooden torch, and follow the embers. You don't have to go far from there ;)

10 minutes ago, JPL said:

Reveal hidden contents

You're in the right area.  You have to go off of the invisible path at the right point in order to get the mask, & afaik there is no indication in the game where that point is.

At the point with the 2 torches & the torch you're supposed to pick up, head directly left until you almost leave the area, & the chest is in the mouth of a tree just before you do.

The quest hint says that there's a method for finding it, but I can't see what method is.  Did I miss it?

1 minute ago, Mr Do 71 said:

From the entrance follow the flames until you reach two together, light the wooden torch, and follow the embers. You don't have to go far from there ;)

I'm pretty sure that that method doesn't actually pass by the chest, or at least it didn't the first time I tried it. You have to go off the path a little to get to it.

5 minutes ago, Jarik said:

You're in the right area.  You have to go off of the invisible path at the right point in order to get the mask, & afaik there is no indication in the game where that point is.

Reveal hidden contents

At the point with the 2 torches & the torch you're supposed to pick up, head directly left until you almost leave the area, & the chest is in the mouth of a tree just before you do.

The quest hint says that there's a method for finding it, but I can't see what method is.  Did I miss it?

Yeah, I thought I was in the right area, and I think the method for finding it is...

using magnesis, so it glows up and makes it easier to spot.

I'm sure I've been all over that area and found nothing though. I'll have another look.

5 minutes ago, JPL said:

Yeah, I thought I was in the right area, and I think the method for finding it is...

Reveal hidden contents

using magnesis, so it glows up and makes it easier to spot.

I'm sure I've been all over that area and found nothing though. I'll have another look.

I thought that too, but it turns out that the tree is

Facing to the side, so the chest is blocked from view until you're right next to it.

Can someone goto Hateno Tower please, and glide down just to the left of Firly Plateau. There is a break in the road where there is a cave, with three apple trees on top. My Korok mask tells me there is a Korok seed there, but for the life of me, I can't see where.

I hope it isn't a bug. Cheers.

2 minutes ago, DC07 said:

I wouldn't expect it anytime soon if ever.

It's almost worth the cost on its own, though. I can't believe how much I left undiscovered. This entire area for one! I'd 'finished' the game having never been to Lurelin Village.

DDvRUHJUwAIa_jf.jpg

They put so much heart into this area.

DDvRjNsUMAAVXLP.jpg

I'm buying the game this week and would rather not see it until I've done plenty of aimless exploring first, so your answer pleases me :)

22 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Can someone goto Hateno Tower please, and glide down just to the left of Firly Plateau. There is a break in the road where there is a cave, with three apple trees on top. My Korok mask tells me there is a Korok seed there, but for the life of me, I can't see where.

You need to make it do that each tree has the same number of apples on it.

Don't talk to me about Korok seeds...bloody things.

I found a ledge half way up a cliff face overlooking the waters around Hyrule Castle with a load of boulders lying around, Hmm I thought, make a stone circle? spent ages arranging a perfectly formed circle waiting for the damn thing to pop out, nothing happens, neaten the boulders up because maybe the circle isn't round enough to trigger the seed?

I was at it for about 15 minutes,

Then I spot..

Spoiler

Directly beneath the ledge in the water, must be 150ft down, there is a small stone circle, turns out all those movable rocks were to be used throwing them off the ledge in the hope of a bullseye, landing one in the centre, upon which out pops the Kurok Seed!

..Nintendo, swine's :D

Korok seeds are one of my favourite things about the game. Once you realise how to find them and what the clues to look for are, you can just wander about aimlessly and find at least several, even 80+ hours into the adventure. I probably even missed loads and loads along the way too. 

Deluxe Edition of the guide arrived an hour ago (on a Sunday, I know!) and man, it's so big you can't really read it comfortably sitting on a couch. Needs to be a desk read.

So very epic, though. Happy :)

Going to find the Koroks with the guide. I'll give Nintendo the DLC money if the actual content come Winter is worth it.

9 minutes ago, Delargey said:

Any clues for finding the memory in the forrest?  It's the last one I need.

Adrian Edmondson and Rik Mayall starred in a comedy, maybe the place you want to find is near to the answer to my clue. :P

3 hours ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Three apple trees you say?... wink wink nudge nudge