revlob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Hey guys, so I've been playing this for a good bit now and I'm. Not actually sure where to head, I've done the first 3 shrines bit, got to a village and met impa, gone to another village to get my slate sorted for taking pics, back to Impa, taken a pic, back to Impa...... 

Now what? I've been going round for ages climbing towers and discovering shrines but main quest wise where do people think I should head next? Will the bosses I'm searching for be too hard for me at this stage? I just need a bit of guidance of where I should be heading to continue the story. 

I know it sounds like I'm after some hand holding because that's exactly what it is :lol:

Most people do the Zora divine beast first, so maybe head there. I remember doing that with only four or five hearts so you don’t need to be that powered up to handle it. 

But really, the choice is yours and that’s what makes it so great.

• Upvote 1

In case you haven't figured it out, you can toggle the goal markers to different objectives in the menu. Stick it on the Divine Beasts one.

• Upvote 1

I've found the kit you get from the Zora one super useful for getting about in water. Helping me explore coasts and lakes etc a lot easier.

• Upvote 1

Played about 40 hours or so of this now and only done one Divine Beast (the Zora one)! I was a bit lost to start with but actually once you start exploring and talking to people there's always something else to do/see.

Spoiler

Currently trying to figure out how to get to the maze type thing by the Akkala Tech Lab

BTW, where does that leaf dude with the maracas go? He was on some hillside but then he buggered off somewhere and I don't remember where he said he was going!

4 minutes ago, Crusey said:

BTW, where does that leaf dude with the maracas go? He was on some hillside but then he buggered off somewhere and I don't remember where he said he was going!

Spoiler

Head north, to somewhere where you’d find lots of trees...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Hide contents

Head north, to somewhere where you’d find lots of trees...

Spoiler

After he buggered off from the hillside I found him at a stable. He's gone from there now and I haven't seen him in a long time, I've got 150 seeds to trade in...

There’s one bit in this that’s eluded me...

Spoiler

In the Eldin Mountains region there’s a goron in an incomplete tunnel and it seems like helping him blast it open is something you can do, but I never found a tool capable of it. Is it possible?

45 minutes ago, Popo said:

There’s one bit in this that’s eluded me...

Hide contents

In the Eldin Mountains region there’s a goron in an incomplete tunnel and it seems like helping him blast it open is something you can do, but I never found a tool capable of it. Is it possible?

;)

Think you might have to talk to someone in town, first.

Put about 40 hours into this but haven't touched it in an age, so much so that I can't remember what I've done and the thought of jumping back in is a bit daunting so I'm thinking of starting a new game.

Just a quick question - is the DLC worth it? There was an upgrade or something to the map with the DLC if I recall?

30 minutes ago, Simmy said:

Put about 40 hours into this but haven't touched it in an age, so much so that I can't remember what I've done and the thought of jumping back in is a bit daunting so I'm thinking of starting a new game.

Just a quick question - is the DLC worth it? There was an upgrade or something to the map with the DLC if I recall?

The first DLC added the Hero's Path, which showed the path around the map you've taken since you started. It's worth having that after about 200 hours play, but not if you're starting the game again. It would spoil your exploration.

The first DLC also added a useful mask for searching for Korok's. Now that is worth having.

I went for the 2nd ‘set’ of the Master Trials & was doing pretty well, but then I got to a single decayed Guardian where his positioning made it clear that you supposed to take him out with a shield parry.

I’m usually pretty good at nailing the timing, with the audio cue & all, but one slight mistiming = run over. :(

I’m pretty sure that they only up the anti from there, so... back to practice.

Took people's advice and went for the Zoras Domain one, just beat my first Lynel at the 50th time of asking, honestly when I beat him I literally cheered out loud much to the dismay of the Mrs trying to get the baby to sleep. 

After he'd beat me 30 odd times I thought to myself that I don't have the skills to be able to do it, I couldn't get the hang of backflipping out of the way of his attacks and one hit from him killed me, but I persisted and on my final attempt I didn't take any damage atall. 

Buzzing 

• Upvote 4

I’ve still not seriously gone after a Lynel. I strip down to trunks and pot lid combo to take out Guardians in suitably humiliating style, but Lynels I’m leaving well alone.

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

I thought you were forced to defeat one when approaching Calamity Ganon for the final battle? Unless that was only the route I took.

Nope. You can run away from them (as I did) for the whole game.

• Empathy 1

5 hours ago, Kirby said:

I thought you were forced to defeat one when approaching Calamity Ganon for the final battle? Unless that was only the route I took.

IIRC that battle occurs if you enter the keep in which it's situated & there is no warning that you're going to be locked into it, but you can bypass it by climbing around/over the building.

Just imagine if other games did that...

Minion 1: Where's that hero guy?  He should be here by now!

Minion 2:  Dunno.  Boss got all of us set up here to wear him down over multiple floors, & we haven't seen...

(sounds of battle suddenly start from the top floor, both minions look up)

Minion 1:  What?!

Minion 2: How?!

Minion 1: He...bypassed us?!?!

Minion 2: The nerve!

Minion 1: My union rep will hear about this!

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jarik said:

IIRC that battle occurs if you enter the keep in which it's situated & there is no warning that you're going to be locked into it, but you can bypass it by climbing around/over the building.

Doesn't that get you

some sweet loot? Like, a

really nice shield...? A unique shield, even.

That I then dropped in a Divine Beast, from where it could not be retrieved. :doh:

7 minutes ago, smac said:

Doesn't that get you

Reveal hidden contents

some sweet loot? Like, a

really nice shield...? A unique shield, even.

That I then dropped in a Divine Beast, from where it could not be retrieved. :doh:

Do you mean the 

Spoiler

Hylian Shield?

Because if so, no, you get that from the

Spoiler

Stalnox fight in the Dungeon.

If you've lost it BTW, try going to the Guy on the upper floor of the building in the fully-constructed Tarry Town.  He offers to sell you any unique equipment that has been lost, & what happened there may qualify.

Yeah, I got it later from that guy - yes, you're right about the location, it wasn't from a Lynel. Maybe I snuck past him.

In fact I ended up at the final encounter completely unexpectedly, thinking 'Is that it? I'm here already?'

With both the guy in Tarry Town & the Repairers in the villages, they won't offer to sell/recreate the unique weapons if they are still out there somewhere in the world, hence why when i put the Champion Weapons on Display in my home, i can't get duplicates.

I do wonder though...would it be possible for a weapon/shield to fall somewhere in the world where it would still be there but forever inaccessible?  Deep water perhaps, that's out of range of Magnesis?

3 hours ago, Jarik said:

If you're nimble you can actually just escape being locked in by just escaping through the windows at the top of the room. 

Birdman power helps a lot there! 

Today I checked how many hours I've put into this game I got nearly a month ago. Over 85 hours! I was expecting it to be high, like 40 hours or so, but I wasn't expecting that!

I find it funny seeing the comments about doing the divine beast at Zora's domain first as I haven't even been to Zora's domain yet. Here's a screenshot of my map, spoilered because of shrine locations.

Spoiler

IMG_20180605_100822666.thumb.jpg.db3ad3af12049639d098d16f9c44ce8d.jpg

I've just got the map for the north west section and I'm exploring that before I move east. I'm planning on doing central Hyrule last so I'm circling around it.

I've definitely got better at fighting, now when I get to a shrine that says "A major test of strength" I'm glad because it means I get some easy ++ guardian weapons/shield. I still haven't beaten a Lynel though. Fuck them.

It's been a long time since I last saw Hestu, I'm desperate for more weapon capacity. I feel like I'm being thorough with my exploration but I've only found 170ish Korok seeds. If there's 900 of the buggers I should have at least 400 by now, I've missed loads!

85 hours and I've explored just over half the map... What a game.